# 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I hope both things turn out to be nothing Lillian

D
^^^Same here^^^
Old 02-11-2020, 06:44 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
I watched the oscars last night but didn’t pay too much attention to the Elton song. Not sure why, because I do normally love his performances. I did really like Eminem though!

Happy Birthday Suze!!!!

Loved the Change song.

MITA I don’t know what sleep paralysis feels like but it doesn’t sound good.

Having some medical struggles here. Bone scan tomorrow as my back hurts again, so they are sounding the cancer alarm again and time for the fire drill. I don’t have the energy to get upset this time. Just a part of my new life....scans. Last Friday I had a colonoscopy (sorry tmi) but they found something scary and now I’m waiting a week for biopsy results. God wouldn’t do that to me too, right?

BBG, Purp, PJ, SG, Bobbie, caramel....
Surely not....I am praying not. And at times like these, I really like to remember the other part, that God never gives us more than we can handle, and that God walks beside us in times of trouble. s xxx

Thank you love. ❤️

And I LOVED EMINEM!!!!! Holy wow.....I need to see that again.
And what a story.....I loved the entire production. Best Oscars I have seen in many years. Bet the show wins an Emmy.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:34 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Support to you, lill

Started back with uni art yesterday. It went well. No anxiety, pain managed well. Also doing gym stuff again, which is always good. Long day today- sculpture and art history. A very serious course- where artists are produced to get real jobs- not just for pursuing a nice activity. Yesterday- I had to discern and combine 9 different oils- to produce 15 differing skin tones. My fried hand was in the limelight for this- LOTS of differing tones there. Others were quite fascinated by it.
Old 02-11-2020, 12:27 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers, Lillian.

Hey everyone!
Old 02-11-2020, 01:57 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Hey Bbk!

Lillian, my thoughts were with you this afternoon. Good to see you.

Pheonix you are keeping busy man, fair play. And productive too.

I should be doing way more of the fitness stuff, and also art (music)

Have wrote a number of melodys, riffs and chord progressions on the guitar the past few years although I havent been able to record any. Can do a bit on the keyboards also. I've been tipping about w/ music for most of my life, in every aspect. It's something that I should really be able to practice more.

No news here since anyway other than that I have the feckin' flu
Old 02-11-2020, 03:09 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Forgot to mention - I signed up to the stupid crappy website dating thing again! I cant take it seriously. Does anyone here use that? I doubt it.It's so stupid.

Granted, I am not exactly taking it seriously but wtf? Some people have a whole life story on there- a dating website. All of the things that they dont like, more often than not. What can ya say to that? "hey lady, is there anything that ya do like?" (lol, e.g)

Well anyway, I just think its dumb as how can u get to know somebody from a picture and just a few word such as 'I likes movies, cinema, cooking etc. Please dont contact me if you want to go on a date' (HUH?)

Spent the whole afternoon on it anyway! Firing off one chat up line after another. One chic even deleted me after I sent her some pretty decent jokes! Which were clean, and I was nice about it. Her loss though, amirite?! Hehe

Straight up- here's a pic, here's a one liner (or three) do u wanna go on a date??? What else is there to know... A lot of people seem to spend a lot of time on it, though. Doing what? Not going on dates, seemingly.

So the moral of the story is that I dont have much time for online dating! Knocked the afternoon out of it, but that's about it. A date is a fruit anyway. Online fruiting? wtf! eta: rant over, lol.

I have a lot of patience in general, but none for online dating. Why is that?
Old 02-11-2020, 05:41 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Hey ladies I was actually chatting to a nice girl after all. Hard to know if she's being serious or not (Truman show much) but if she is single I cant see why not! Y'all got any advices for me? Please dont say 'coffee' hehe, I drink coffee everyday. She said said she likes adventure- I told her I'm a walking adventure In all seriousness though- she actually seems like a nice girl. Dont f' it up I guess? I dunno, I'm not used to this.
Old 02-11-2020, 05:50 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Oh and get this! We're having a little conversation, and I go... So... Would you like to go on a date sometime? SHE JUST IGNORED THE QUESTION! And asked me another question. Hmmmmm....

"Babe, are you for serious....... Don't you know who I am!?"

(I'm mr. bombastic... Totally rosemantic... If ya didnt know!)

That's enough for one day guys, peace........

Old 02-11-2020, 06:43 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Lol.

Take her on an adventure. Hike, explore the city, stuff like that. You can do this.
Old 02-12-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

SG: Maybe she just wants to chat for a while first....you don't wanna seem too pushy.

New Godsmack video coming out in a few weeks!

Edit to add: Hope all is going okay today Lillian (((Hugs)))
Old 02-12-2020, 02:15 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Me too Lillian. hope you are well.

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Take her on an adventure. Hike, explore the city, stuff like that. You can do this.
I can, I guess. Have been living in a cave though for the past decade

(I thought about doing that actually at one point, to get some peace)

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
SG: Maybe she just wants to chat for a while first....you don't wanna seem too pushy.
It's a dating website, Ms. Purps! Not a chatroom. Although that is good advice

Last 'date' I was on was a decade ago. Imagine being on your own all this time?

How did that happen? Could do with female company tbh, was never an issue
Old 02-12-2020, 02:25 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spacegoat View Post

It's a dating website, Ms. Purps! Not a chatroom. Although that is good advice
Wellll.....you already said you asked her out and she ignored the question, right?!?

So glad I don't mess around with that crap! I'm exhausted already
Old 02-12-2020, 02:42 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Why what's your story- are you married or independant?!

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Wellll.....you already said you asked her out and she ignored the question, right?!?
She just carried on, asking me questions! Is it an interview? I dunno.

I suppose I should be more patient. I'm not in a position to go on any 'dates' right now. Got the flu, this transient lifestyle where I dunno where I'll be sleeping from one week to the next, low on funds, etc.

I'm totally pissed off about all of this. And frustrated, on many levels. Including sexually! What ever happened to good old fashioned hookups? 'Netflix & chill' and all this (so they say). Or is that the bar scene just? There is a reason I didn't want to give that up (although it was no longer working for me)

I'm not happy anyway. All of the things that would be conducive to 'my recovery' and I mean all of them- have been out of my reach! For far too long. Didn't matter so much when we were younger, we just made our own scene. The question has to be asked, though, which is- why is that? (and there is no legitimate answer for it. We all have rights on this earth, let alone needs)

Someone is responsible, I keep saying it. And it ain't me babe! Or you... (etc)

Anyway, how are you keeping? Headbanger!

Eta: Oh, and had a dream last night- weird one. I should have wrote it down and spent more time interpreting it.... But, it was something along the lines of 'I'm gonna turn into a girl' (lol) if I keep on with all the people pleasing!

So I maybe need to strike a better balance and tell people to F' off from time to time (I guess!?!) I don't like to do that, but. My life is stressful guys, btw.

Shrugs & hugs! cheers
Old 02-12-2020, 07:37 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Hey, guys!

You know, SG, maybe you just work on you, and being your best you and you will attract the right situations and the right people. Get healthy, get things resolved. I'm a firm believer that if you are broken, you will attract broken. I hope you get over your flu fast. Just hang on, it will happen.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-12-2020, 09:02 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Thanks Bb

I'm tending to agree with you. It's not so much that I am 'broken', I just have a whole lot on my plate here. And the majority of it is stuff that only I can work through- w/ a little help maybe here and there, that'd be good.

So I was thinking about this girl today. Cute girl (I noticed her before on there), seems nice, has her stuff together. All good. According to her profile she is 'looking for a relationship', and wants kids. Also good.

Mine just says 'wants to date but nothing serious'. Of course, I would also like to be in a relationship, want kids, domestic bliss etc but it's for another day now. I'd kinda see us disagreeing on that, potentially.

Would definitely date her though! Bring her out, show her a good time, go on madventures etc- I'd just be thinking that maybe she might be looking for more than I could offer- at this time. Despite a feeling that she is actually the kind of girl that I could have a good relationship with - an unfortunate position for me...

Might give her my number as if she does wanna meet up at some point- I'm sure we would get along just fine. Thanks Bobbie!

(yo, gang )
Old 02-12-2020, 11:49 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Back to uni art, day 2 yesterday. 6 hours of lecturing stuff- I done good. Minimal pain relief, kept pace, enjoyed it. Saw familiar faces. Good to be back. A way of again- practicing recovery and mindful crap.
And so it begins.
Routine, deadlines and stuff. Saw familiar faces (cannot remember most of their names).

A good beginning.
Old 02-12-2020, 12:25 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Hi SG,
It’s been like 40 years since I dated anyone before my husband, so not sure I can be of help. My oldest is in college and I do see her number 1 priority is safety, so she asks a lot of questions before meeting anyone.

And I also think after a woman has been burned a few times, they get picky. Sounds like this girl is telling you all you need to know by what she doesn’t say. It’s not a bad thing...just frustrating I bet. I’m always glad I am not in the dating world. I’m sensitive and hurt easily.

Bobbies advice would be mine to one of my daughters. “Focus on yourself and let life happen.”

Nice to see you here! I liked the last video in particular!
Old 02-12-2020, 12:31 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Back to uni art, day 2 yesterday. 6 hours of lecturing stuff- I done good. Minimal pain relief, kept pace, enjoyed it. Saw familiar faces. Good to be back. A way of again- practicing recovery and mindful crap.
And so it begins.
Routine, deadlines and stuff. Saw familiar faces (cannot remember most of their names).

A good beginning.
Yes...the peaceful reassurance of a healthy routine. Especially glad to hear you enjoyed the day.