Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 82

Old 02-05-2020, 05:05 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

So you don't have to phrase it like that dear SG....I couldn't do that either.
More like I would love to have a coffee with you if you have time, and give her a note with your number. That is nice....leave it up to her.
Old 02-05-2020, 05:21 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Oh cool, and that way she wouldnt have any time to reply!

So 2 coffee coupons, a mixtape, and my number?

wait then patiently by the phone

I'm just playing by the way -kinda. Oh hey, I didnt even tell ye about the last time I tried this? Went all over town getting advice for a week (off girls). In the end, I drank a bottle of pernod before walking into her place of work to buy something and ask her did she have any plans for the weekend... Turns out that she had a boyfriend (or maybe she was lying!)

aw now...
Old 02-05-2020, 06:10 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

I love the mixed tape idea, SpaceGoat. Brilliant.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:44 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

At least we have cell phones now SG.....remember when "waiting by the phone" actually meant staying home!?!

Checking in....I think it's Thursday morning....startin' fluid is needed
Old 02-06-2020, 03:05 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, I remember that well.

I went for this job when I was 26 that meant everything to me, and I was waiting by the phone for days, and then our phone line went down for some reason for a day or so. My mum woke me up the next morning with a telegram in her hand....yes really......remember those?

The newspaper I had interviewed with had decided to hire me, and couldn't get me on the phone, so they sent a telegram offering me the job.

How funny is that in in these times.

Old 02-06-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Pretty funny actually. It is really weird how we just slid into this tech age without really realizing it.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 02-06-2020, 01:55 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

All them fangled deeevices. Sakes!
Old 02-06-2020, 03:41 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

There are some interesting idea's out there actually as to how the technologies have come about (Mycelium mass = internets e.g) and to what end they may ultimately serve us... I like

Also... Compooters, man! Techmology 'an 'dat...

Old 02-06-2020, 04:06 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

(Goodnight)
Old 02-06-2020, 06:01 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hi Guys and Happy Thursday (Friday already for some)!

Very frustrating last few days, but I am doing okay. I am kind of laughing to myself at the first line of the Serenity Prayer: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change". Right now, everything is the thing I can not change

Ah well, there's always tomorrow!!
Old 02-07-2020, 01:55 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

I kinda feel the same way MITA.....been saying the Serenity Prayer lately....

Also I try to remember "Patience is also a form of action" ~ I saw that somewhere a while back.....can't figure out if I'm not doing enough, or am I being impatient? Maybe both? I drive myself crazy

I'll check back in later....last night I woke to a tornado warning in our area....kinda feels like my mind right now
Old 02-07-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Hi Guys and Happy Thursday (Friday already for some)!

Very frustrating last few days, but I am doing okay. I am kind of laughing to myself at the first line of the Serenity Prayer: "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change". Right now, everything is the thing I can not change

Ah well, there's always tomorrow!!
That's when I remind myself that the only thing I can change is me ~ my attitude. s xxx

Hope today is better dear MITA and Purps. s xx
Old 02-07-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Keep hanging on, guys. You got this.

Things are going remarkably well with Nathan right now. He is doing different projects every day at my house. We play cards every night. We went to a mtg last night. He started writing. He is much better than I am. He has a long way to go and I am trying to be cautious. The Nathan today and the Nathan I saw a week ago are not the same and that is a fact. The next stage, I suppose, is getting him a job, but I really don't know how that could happen because he doesn't have a vehicle right now and we live so far off the beaten path, there is no public transportation. Minor hurdle in the grand scheme of things.

Have an awesome day, friends.
Old 02-07-2020, 06:48 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Maybe......you could rent a car for a while for him, and see how it goes?
It all sounds so encouraging.....maybe he can do it this time....I know you need to be cautious, but this feels different. s xx
Old 02-07-2020, 09:07 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Hey Purps - glad you okay after the weather scare. It looks like there was some damage in areas down south. I'm not sure how close it all came to you.

Bobbie, we'll keep the prayer thing going for you and Nathan

Have a great day everyone!!
Old 02-07-2020, 08:17 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

A good beginning for Nathan, then, this time. I hope it continues to be productive and peaceful for all your crew, B.

I saw my GP this morn. About the unpredictable pain I get in lower back- that radiates, leading to extreme nausea- then exhaustion. Obviously I canna do 4hour art classes experiencing such things. So I have a carefully managed pain reliever to use, with a mild antiemetic (OTC) and the migraine med if necessary. Only on those days when Uni on, otherwise, I will just remain miserable and in pain, rather than using lots of meds. I shared with the good doc, the pain and nausea also exacerbated depression- and PTSD from burns stuff so much- I was tempted to withdraw from my studies and see another doc earlier in the week, but no- one does not work that way. It sucks- it seemed New Year, I was finally making headway with losing weight (15kg) and fitness which SHOULD have had an effect on pain. But given I had 2 vertebrae fractures as a kid- which no one noticed and healed wrong, plus 2 smashed up shoulders (same story- because of booze) and a stuffed back from 30ish years as a nurse, AND contractures from burns- pain is a constant in my life, and I accept that. I get frustrated at it's unpredictable patterns.

I would rather be very mindful, talented and with a big pile of cash (to share)-AND have my dream cottage by the sea).
Old 02-08-2020, 04:00 AM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Glad to hear Nathan is being productive....steps in the right direction

PJ kudos on staying in school despite the pain....hope the meds will help

Checking in w/ startin' fluid...the park my mom lives at is having a White Elephant sale...she will be working there for part of it....I might go later and see what kinda crap they have....and we're going to re-watch the Puppy Bowl 'cause she didn't see it the first time....Brat cat is rolling his eyes like "Here we go with those damn dogs again!"
Old 02-08-2020, 07:08 AM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Yeah - good work PJ. Unpredictability is frustrating - especially when you are doing all the right things.

I slept in a little this morning after a busy week. I've got some peopling to do today, and just a few odds and ends to take care of. Hoping for uneventful.

Coffee is good
Old 02-08-2020, 08:00 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Finishing laundry + gonna head out....will check back in later....Super Moon coming up!

Old 02-09-2020, 06:54 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Super Moon it is!!! Very cool.

Happy Sunday Marcheros. I'm planning to just kind of chill today. Yesterday ended up being a lot busier than I expected.

Also, hopped in the car yesterday to do a few a things and REO Speedwagon "Keep on Loving You" came on the radio. I'd consider it a funny coincidence (it's still a pretty popular song), but last week Dee posted the video to Zager & Evans "2525" and when I hopped in the car that song came on the radio! This is all fuel for my paranoia that we are just living in some sort of crazy computer simulation

Be good ...