Notices

Class of March 2016 Part 82

Old 02-12-2020, 12:38 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Lillian has some anxiety. Working hard to stay calm.

Had the scan yesterday and the bone lady said the report would be “pushed out” that afternoon. But when I contacted my doctor, she said those reports take 24-48 hours. So bone lady must have meant she sends the scan to the Dr Reader of Bone Scans, who then releases it to Dr. Of Messaging. Or, the delay is because it’s bad news and there’s a whole meeting going on right now about “how can we tell her?” I am logically thinking it’s the first scenario, but anxiety mind is thinking the latter.

Other test might be Friday, but knowing my luck, will make we wait another long weekend.

“The waiting is the hardest part!” ~ Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2020, 12:42 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Pushed out? That is a dumb way to put it by her I think.

I think she means exactly what you said.....sent for evaluation today, so the doctor can get the results tomorrow.....meaning you get them late tomorrow or Friday morning.

Huge huge huge hugs. And kisses. And soothing herbal tea. s ❤️❤️
Old 02-12-2020, 02:15 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

I'm not great with medical stuff Lillian. I wish you nothing but the best, though. And thank you for the considerate message.

Yeah I have a feeling that girl 'might' be playing me, to some extent. It's a kinda crazy situation here. But, I'm just passing time on the dating app. Although female companionship is only one of my favorite things in the whole world (and the heavens) Always was that.

Shouldn't have as much problem with that once I get closer to home (and shouldn't now either mind)

I dunno much about the fine art either, Pj. You seem to be enjoying it though. Good going man

It's getting nearer to the bedtime here, guys
Old 02-12-2020, 06:24 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

I like to know how the sausage is made, and for next time I get a bone scan....the chain of bone scan results are: bone scan lady (technician) to Dr Reader of BS (radiologist) to Nurse Radar O’reiley (my oncologist’s nurse who is amazing) who shows results to Dr Quarterback (oncologist) who gives Nurse Radar her communication to me between her busy schedule. . Had a result in 24 hours.

They found a few “uptakes” in bone scan that need to get checked out with a CT scan. . No bueno. Three on various ribs and one on a joint on sternum. Oncologist believes they will be benign and this is a precaution. Read a bunch of research reports and I see where she is coming from, so I will let my doctors take the wheel and I will work on relaxing. I just hope this CT scan will confirm their optimism. Gosh I hate the peace of mind cancer has stolen from me.

I wish I could be as positive and beautiful about cancer as Gilmore was. Perhaps with more time. So far, I just am trying to hope I’ll stay cancer free for years. Evidently I have an 89% chance of that. I’d take that bet in Vegas. Random thoughts I just want to put out here so it gets outta my head.

They wouldn’t let me make a ct scan appointment today but I’m calling tomorrow. Hopefully they can get me in.

No drinking though. Days like this are tempting but I’m not giving my sobriety to cancer either.

But my ice cream habit is getting a little out of hand!!

Thanks for listening. I’m ok now. Herbal tea happening. By next week things will all go back to normal and no more scan-xiety!
Old 02-12-2020, 06:28 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

OK. OK....still processing....so far nothing to worry about.
More to check to be sure.
Awful big time to have to go through this worry. s

Kathy, like all humans was more zen on the threads than she was in everyday life.....that's what friends are for darling Lillian. Lean in. s xx ❤️❤️

I am sending all of my love....and so many prayers. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 02-12-2020, 10:25 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Lillian, sending so much love your way. I’ve added you to my prayer list if that kind of thing gives you comfort. I’m so sorry this is the hand you’ve been dealt. Contrary to what you may think, your grace in this is amazing.

PHX- I’m really proud of you for keeping it up.

Suze, I hope things are getting better at home; your pain, Nick’s mother. Keeping you in prayer.

Purps- we might be moving that way in the next year or so. Melbourne? I think that might be in your vicinity.

SG - give her your number. That sound like a great idea.

MITA - I hope your traveling isn’t too hard on you this week.

BBG- hey. How’s the quitting smoking going?

Caramel, hope all is well in your part of the state. Freaking cold and ugly here.

Hey, Dee.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:58 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  

I deleted it this morning Bobbie- a literal waste of time.

Hey Lillian, here's to next week. I don't have anything but herbal tea for comfort either.

Guys I'm coming down with a chest infection. It's painful. Will I ever get to rest?

Major whines are incoming.... (in the other thread I guess)

Sick of this crap. No rest, no justice, and no peace...

Good morning, and/or goodnight
Old 02-12-2020, 10:58 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

I hope all stays good, lill.

SG- not necessarily fine art- but a course with high standards and a small number of students- designed to produce artists who can get work- with a range of do-able skills. Only the lucky few get to have a studio and the time and money to chase their inspired dreams. A very practical school...
Old 02-12-2020, 11:16 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

PJ, that's good man. I guess so anyway. Used to be able to draw a bit once upon a time- I respect or admire people who paint for their talent, as I wouldn't know where to even begin with that. Hope it pans out for ya.

I should have taken your tip about the salvo's (which I knew then) as every time I'm in those hostels I pick up an infection. Chest infections are particularly bad- I have suffered awful with them in the past. No fun here.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:02 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

So, I have a bit of astral work done already this morning (before my breakfast, no less). And I dont have anymore to do- there is nothing that is not already known. Trying to get a doctors appointment. I sent an email, as have no phone minutes. Might ask someone if they would ring on my behalf? Just thought of that, and I'm on my own here. And that's the whole thing.

Day of 'fun' so, is it? pffft...

'thursday'. I dont even have any meme for that. It's raining out

Was actually reading through some of the forums last week. There was some posts that I could be helping out with, surely, and which werent getting much response (acao e.g). I just decided best not to, for now, as I dunno who might be looking in here (the deet's, man)

I would actually like to be doing that, though. I dont have much else to be doing!

It's all done, tbh. Done and won, dare I say, lol...

This country, man
Old 02-13-2020, 01:18 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Thank 'ee, Bobbieka - season's quietly changing, hope it will be kind to you.

LillianGish - I hope the days unfold with peaceful gifts for you.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:20 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

> was trying to put a hyperlink in there, but ran out of time (on the phone)

It's something I've been saving anyway, for another day! It's a good one.

Got my appointment anyway, at short notice. Have a good day peoples!
Old 02-13-2020, 01:38 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

(((Lillian))) Like you said, hopefully this is just a precaution....can't imagine the anxiety ~ to quote Bobbie: "Contrary to what you may think, your grace in this is amazing" ~ and Gilmer is here with us I'm sure

Bobbie ~ oh yeah Melbourne.....I was thinking Marathon at first, but that's in the Keys....looks like Melbourne is on the other coast. That would be cool!

Checking in with good ole startin' fluid
Old 02-13-2020, 02:38 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Administrator

Still sending good vibes Lillian and everyone else who needs them

Old 02-13-2020, 07:21 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Yep....Melbourne is on a whole other coast.

Old 02-13-2020, 07:37 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Lillian, sending so much love your way. I’ve added you to my prayer list if that kind of thing gives you comfort. I’m so sorry this is the hand you’ve been dealt. Contrary to what you may think, your grace in this is amazing.

PHX- I’m really proud of you for keeping it up.

Suze, I hope things are getting better at home; your pain, Nick’s mother. Keeping you in prayer.

Purps- we might be moving that way in the next year or so. Melbourne? I think that might be in your vicinity.

SG - give her your number. That sound like a great idea.

MITA - I hope your traveling isn’t too hard on you this week.

BBG- hey. How’s the quitting smoking going?

Caramel, hope all is well in your part of the state. Freaking cold and ugly here.

Hey, Dee.
Lillian, I second Bobbie's and everyone else's thoughts. You have both the grace and strength to handle this - you've proven that already. Still, hoping that all the news ends up being just routine stuff. Let them "push that out".

Bobbie, didn't you just move to a new house? Maybe I'm confused

Doing well here - big news in MITA-land ... DD and DSIL are expecting in early August. Grandkid #1 for us!!! New baby smell ....

And to think I was worried about what I would do when I "retire" - haha.

Have a great day
Old 02-13-2020, 10:40 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

[QUOTE
Bobbie, didn't you just move to a new house? Maybe I'm confused

Doing well here - big news in MITA-land ... DD and DSIL are expecting in early August. Grandkid #1 for us!!! New baby smell ....

And to think I was worried about what I would do when I "retire" - haha.

Have a great day [/QUOTE]

We did. We'll keep it. Maybe rent it out if we can. My husband's job is moving him down there for a while. Nothing is set in stone yet. I think I'd be a couple hours from Purple and close to a beach. Not really complaining.

Holy cow!! Congratulations!!! I'm so excited for you! Being a grandparent might be my favorite thing ever. Great news, MITA!
Old 02-13-2020, 12:32 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Yo, gramps! Technically (and legally) I could be one in under 5 years myself- this if I'm not already.

I don't want that to happen (also I'm in my 30's) What age is too late to start a family anyway? You know, like get married (or whatever) and have kids...

Lillian I did thought of you again this morning, after expelling here my own crap.

Quite enough day guys. Went to doc and got prescriptions, so I'm happy enough about that.

Pennicillen, exputex, and painkillers.

I had actually hoped and planned to get out to a couple of meetings/groups this week.

Oh well. Another question. Do you guys do facebook? (fakebook)

Some do, and some don't I am guessing.

And, here is all the 'fun' I had for today, watching this (I love these)

It's not an unlike the story of me and a girl I know (+20years) actually.

She would be calling herself 'princess Jasmine' (yeah, an evil version)

And also 'the ice queen' ffs .Pfffft. Cheap ice-cream more like!?!

Oh gawd. Check out the middle part as there's the local judge.

I dunno wtf w/ that girl man.... I was good to her. One bad bitch.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:40 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Glad you got some meds, SG. Hope you start feeling better soon. I don't think there's really a race or a time limit on when to start your family.

I do FB and IG but am on a self imposed break right now. Hope your day is going well. What time is it there? 2:39 PM here. Still at the office.
Old 02-13-2020, 01:00 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Glad you got some meds, SG. Hope you start feeling better soon. I don't think there's really a race or a time limit on when to start your family.

I do FB and IG but am on a self imposed break right now. Hope your day is going well. What time is it there? 2:39 PM here. Still at the office.
21:00 here. Slept for a bit of the evening.

Ok, cool. Hope your morning went well also. IG is for photo's mainly isn't it?

I'm really weary about the online stuff guys, tbh. It really does open me up to spiritual and psychic attack somewhat. So I need to be careful with it. To say I threw cuation to the wind with that though, when I was drinking would be an understatement! I kinda did that to accelerate and facilitate my understanding of the world, which it surely has done... (Sunshine & loillipops the what now?! Can we go back to that please!)

Here can even do that a bit, but it's generally ok as this is recovery (ie reality) based and therefore ethical, apparently so anyway...Just need to get into my own routine is all.

Oh hey guys, was heating up some garlic bread in the oven (at the house where I'm a lodger) and the thing started smoking! There was a baking dish in there which I had taken out earlier, so I went to remove it and the grease underneath it caught fire! Wth, I was able to get it under control but I wasnt expecting that. Ladlady had gone to bed, so I dont think she noticed- as I was fearful of her blaming me or ehatver (had to open windows and get fan on to get the smoke out. Phew... Anxiety-fields though!

Have a good afternoon at the office, Bobs