Notices

Class of October 2019 Part 2

Old 10-19-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

The way I deal with that feeling, that hatred....is to try something I learned in AA. I must admit, I changed it a bit because praying for someone I hate is weird for me, but I can pray for them to become more compassionate and for me to become more accepting.

I have a situation like this in my life too, and yes, it is very hard. I have been struggling with this since February. I keep getting angry all over again, and it is not good for me. But I refuse to choke on it anymore.....you know that saying about being angry with someone only wounds the person feeling the anger?

I don't want any more pain from this situation, so I try to let the anger go, over and over.

Sending more love. ❤️
Old 10-19-2019, 10:52 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good afternoon all. So glad to read all of your posts.
I am in between my oldest sons basketball practice and 2 soccer games in a few hours of my yongest son. My husband and middle son are camping for the weekend with a church group. So I get to be in charge of driving the 2 around today.
My daughter and I have been cleaning a little. Made a big pot of chili (cold and rainy here today). Its been a good day so far.
Dinner with my Dad tonight, which is always stressful. But I am determined to be pleasant with him for the kids. And I am sure not drinking later over anything he says to me.

I'll check in again later. to everyone.
Old 10-19-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I like your boyfriend.....
What I hear from that statement is that he is incredibly proud of you.
So are we! ❤️

And we have a ghost....oh yeah. It all started with the dollar bill on top of the fridge. It just turned up one day....ok.....could have been in the cupboard above or something.....then a few days later there were more.....another 4 or 5 dollar bills.

Then there is the charger cord to my tablet. Samsung is a PITA, only the original cords work properly, so I guard it fiercely. Always keep itin the same place. One day early in the year I asked my husband if he had accidentally taken it....nope....he hadn't. He looked through his stuff anyway. OK. Weird, so I bought another one. And then a month back now, same thing again. Just gone. He said it is our ghost for sure....OK....so he looked for it with that in mind. Thought about where a cheeky ghost might hide my charger, and he found it. Sitting in one of my new handbags (I kind of bought a few). And it was curled up in a perfect circle, and tucked into itself....it was just so strange.

I know I didn't put it there, and neither did Nick. So....
A charger thieving ghost that leaves tips... right on!!! Lol
Old 10-19-2019, 11:33 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Yeah....I liked the dollar bills better.....and I keep looking for more. s

Old 10-19-2019, 11:58 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

I wouldn't mind a ghost that leaves me money. I would check your wallets though, to make sure it's not just moving your own money around. I would want additional money, not just the same money I had. Maybe it's paying you for the usage of your chargers. Very interesting! Keep us posted on your ghost.

Day 6 and I'm just at home working. I work from home which can be a curse or a blessing. It really made it easy to drink while my husband was at work. Interestingly, my drinking got worse once my husband retired. Not sure how I managed that. I know I got good at hiding and lying. Neither of which I am proud of. So happy that those days are behind me now.

Enjoy your weekend!
Old 10-19-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

It's amazing how good we can get at hiding this.....not necessarily good amazing.
Day 6 is awesome Magnum love!!!

And is your cat actually called Magnum....I do love that name.
Especially for a chocolate burmesey squeezy.

It was new money.....I mean brand new money....and neither of us had any money missing.

There is more.....late late at night I hear music, like old-school, way old school when there were phonographs, and occasionally a party, tinkling glasses. I have even been able to hum some of the melodies out loud.... This house has history to the max. I have tried to look it up, but I cannot find out much.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Wow, that's crazy! At least your ghost isn't doing anything evil or harmful.

Our cat Magnum died and we have Misty now.
Old 10-19-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  

I'm sorry venuscat but I'm not sure I like the way your cat is staring at me. She seems to know all my inner secrets.
Old 10-19-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

(((Taslow))) ❤️

She knew mine as well....that cat saved my life.
She was an amazing soul.....a poor abused baby that I saved. Then she saved me. s
Old 10-19-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MagnumCat View Post
Wow, that's crazy! At least your ghost isn't doing anything evil or harmful.

Our cat Magnum died and we have Misty now.
Oh, I see.... s
Sorry to push....
Misty is a beautiful name.

And that was one of my favourite moves ever..... "Play Misty For Me".
Old 10-19-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Day 13 here. I had a ghost cat in one place I lived. A big orange cat. I'd see it walk across the living room and through the door of the tv cabinet. My cat would freak out. On two occasions we both saw an orb shoot through the room. My cat jumped up to catch it but it disappeared.
Old 10-19-2019, 04:02 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

OMG Pathca. Seriously awesome. ❤️
Old 10-19-2019, 09:16 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Headed to bed sober. I'll catch up more in the morning. Goodnight class.
Old 10-20-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi Octosobers....

Busy day yesterday. My father-in-law had a knee replacement on Friday and we all went to see him yesterday morning. He's 72 (maybe even 73) and was recovering well, whilst being a bit miserable because he hates hospitals. He nearly died from lymphoma in'92 (4 years before I met him). His thigh literally broke in half. Then another 'bout in '06, had half his lung removed and now also has a pace-maker.

Plus, he was in Vietnam.

But the guy is like the terminator and he's the best father-in-law I could have ever asked for.

I had to put Halloween decor back up because we had a wicket wind storm on Thursday and many decoration were rooted out of the ground....sustained winds of 20-30 mph all day. That will do it.

I trimmed some shrubs and cut some low-hanging branches. I was hurting last night.

So, nevertheless, I didn't get a chance to post, but I just read-up on everyone's posts and you all seem to be in a positive and lighthearted mood. That says a lot!!

26th D.O.S. today! Been there, done that....just have to keep pushing on.

Keep the dream alive!
Old 10-20-2019, 09:01 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Good morning class!
Day 6, so glad they seem to be adding up a bit now.
Yesterday ended up being a much busier day than I expected, but that was fine. I really didn't give drinking a thought.
My kids slept in this morning until 9ish. I made some "starbucks" egg bites in my instsantpot and started some banana bread. I love feeding my family when sober. It is so much fun. But becomes such a chore after a few beers or with a slight hangover. I need to remember this on my list of why to stay sober.

I plan on a lazy day today. Silly movies and some knitting.
Hope you all have an amazing sober Sunday!
Old 10-20-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Day 1 for me.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Hi Octoberlings. I'd like to join here again now that I've done my first day. The nearby supermarket's shut and I'm not going to the pub or anywhere. It is nice on here and good reading.
Speaking of ghosts, I experienced a strange figure just this morning, someone moving in the dark. A sort of hallucination I'm sure - hangover combined with epilepsy after-effects. Either that or it's a case of, you don't happen to know any exorcists do you? Obviously I'd like to go to the low price economy end of the market - we guarantee results.
I've had a sleepy day. I had an epileptic seizure in the night which makes it easier to get my tricky first day out of the way. It's funny that I had one last Sunday at the airport which I used as an excuse to have a first drink, and after drinking everyday, I had another one to round the drinking week off. They're open brackets, closed brackets seizures.
This non drinking is forever. If it's a definite, unquestionable fact that removes the indecision, the justifications. I'll just make sure that I don't book any flights or trips anywhere alone for a while, until I've had a long period of sobriety. This time I'd only stopped about 2 weeks before.
I'm going to read a bit then go to bed - I'm usually tired afterwards - and I'll wake up tomorrow as right as a fiddle and as fit as rain.
I hope you're all doing well everybody.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:02 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Welcome livelovedogs!
Old 10-20-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by livelovedogs View Post
Hi everyone! Day 1 for me.
Welcome from me too. s

And more love darling Citrus. xx
Old 10-20-2019, 03:15 PM
  # 120 (permalink)