Old 10-17-2019, 05:09 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome to the group Horn.
Great decision MagnumCat.
See u Saturday taplow.
Congrats everyone on your day counts.
Keep going.

I've got accepted into the inpatient clinic beginning of November to mid December.
5 to 6 weeks of 100% rehab.
Home all fixed up for Xmas.
Very happy.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 10
Old 10-17-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Welcome to the group Horn.
Great decision MagnumCat.
See u Saturday taplow.
Congrats everyone on your day counts.
Keep going.

I've got accepted into the inpatient clinic beginning of November to mid December.
5 to 6 weeks of 100% rehab.
Home all fixed up for Xmas.
Very happy.
Originally Posted by LuluBread View Post
Day 10
Fantastic darling Vinny!!!! I am so pleased to hear that. ❤️

And yay Lulu ~ 10 days is smashing!!!!! ❤️
Old 10-17-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Day 8. A week under my belt. I don't want to speak too soon, because I know I have a lot of work to do, but out of all of my short sober streaks, this one has felt the most positive.

In my years as an alcoholic, I've managed to lose everything (job, girlfriend, car) and regain more than I had previously. But I know clearly that when I lost everything it was because of the alcohol and when I regained more, it was because of the fighter that exists deep down within me. The fighter that isn't strengthened by alcohol like I've sometimes imagined, but that is misled and suppressed. Now that I am sober and getting used to being sober again, I have awoken to a life that is much better than the one where I first started drinking. I am able to enjoy myself a little more.

There was a period, years ago, where I was walking to the liquor store (in a suburban area, not a city, mind you) with change in my pocket in order to buy alcohol. I considered stealing, I might have stolen in a drunk enough state. I had nothing. But whenever I got a sober day or two, the fighter would come back and help be back up the mountain. It got me into a new job where I was able to travel the world for eight months. That fighter then got me a promotion in the office where I was able to buy the car of my dreams. It was never alcohol that helped me do those things. In fact, I likely could have had much more success earlier on if I led the fighter down a better path.

I'm very grateful that I've stopped at this point so that I can truly be present for the life I have been gifted. And I hope that as the AV becomes more cunning, this presence stays strong enough to overcome it. And when the presence becomes less strong, I hope my strategies can combat it.
Old 10-17-2019, 05:57 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Mr

Originally Posted by Joe787 View Post
Day 8. A week under my belt. I don't want to speak too soon, because I know I have a lot of work to do, but out of all of my short sober streaks, this one has felt the most positive.

In my years as an alcoholic, I've managed to lose everything (job, girlfriend, car) and regain more than I had previously. But I know clearly that when I lost everything it was because of the alcohol and when I regained more, it was because of the fighter that exists deep down within me. The fighter that isn't strengthened by alcohol like I've sometimes imagined, but that is misled and suppressed. Now that I am sober and getting used to being sober again, I have awoken to a life that is much better than the one where I first started drinking. I am able to enjoy myself a little more.

There was a period, years ago, where I was walking to the liquor store (in a suburban area, not a city, mind you) with change in my pocket in order to buy alcohol. I considered stealing, I might have stolen in a drunk enough state. I had nothing. But whenever I got a sober day or two, the fighter would come back and help be back up the mountain. It got me into a new job where I was able to travel the world for eight months. That fighter then got me a promotion in the office where I was able to buy the car of my dreams. It was never alcohol that helped me do those things. In fact, I likely could have had much more success earlier on if I led the fighter down a better path.

I'm very grateful that I've stopped at this point so that I can truly be present for the life I have been gifted. And I hope that as the AV becomes more cunning, this presence stays strong enough to overcome it. And when the presence becomes less strong, I hope my strategies can combat it.
You are very similar to myself Joe.
I have been falling down and bouncing back too
As I hit my mid forties the fall and bounce are getting harder and harder though.

Congratulations on your first week
May it be the first of many.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

What a wonderful post Joe. s ❤️
Old 10-17-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good day everyone!

That IOP sounds like a heck of a program MagnumCat. Good for you!

Patcha and Lulu congrats on 10, and Joe congrats on 8.

taplow, check in here. It's time to pull out of whatever you're into.

Joe, once during a bad stretch I tried to get my wife to hold my wallet and she threw it in my face and said, You'd probably just steal liquor anyway. I know I wouldn't have, but her comment hit home and hit hard.

Venus, invite accepted! I'll supply the cream puffs, or the Bahama Mama's, or the cassoulet, or whatever you like!

Busy day 4 for me, but I'll try to check in later. Be strong everyone. I see a lot of good things for us in Octsober.
Old 10-17-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

OMG cream puffs.....I haven't been there because I am allergic to garlic and the smells kill me....I did not know about the cream puffs.....I want one now.

Oh...and they have apple strudel......of course they do. Sigh. Maybe on the weekend. And we will walk there and back to help with all of those calories.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:14 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Guessing taplow means she is a terrible singer.

taplow.....you will be much safer getting home if you stop drinking now. Saturday is three days away, and I am worried about you suffering more consequences here. s Being locked up in a jail in Spain while detoxing would be scary to the max. ❤️
Yes, Taplow! We want you to come home safe.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Hello everyone involved in the October revolution. I just wanted to check in and wish everyone well.
I wrote earlier about how I hate posting on my phone - for one thing I don't know how to "like" other people's posts or how to quote them. Also I don't have much texting skills with these sausage fingers. But it doesnt matter because I'll be home from Portugal late on Friday.
It's turned out not to be such a bad trip, aside from the obvious drinking debacle. I'm in Lisbon again and looking at the tooled up police here realise that what I thought were police catching me urinating in the street the other night were probably just security guards with a desperate lust for glory.
I realise that my drinking here was a deliberate choice when i was faced with the problem of keeping occupied. It's really the only way I know to behave when I'm alone out somewhere.
The only rule must be not to travel alone until I've redesigned myself into something approaching a normal human being.
Everyone on here has had their life ruined somewhat by alcohol - somewhat? Where did that come from. Time to go I think
Best wishes everyone.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:20 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Just saw your post JulySeaCoast. Thanks.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:25 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Sending love taplow.....and lots of people can't thank posts on their fones. s
Old 10-17-2019, 07:28 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
You are very similar to myself Joe.
I have been falling down and bouncing back too
As I hit my mid forties the fall and bounce are getting harder and harder though.

Congratulations on your first week
May it be the first of many.
Hi...Hope everyone is doing well. From what I've read, everyone is quite self-aware of their circumstances. That's a key acknowledgement to progressing and succeeding.

I'm roughly 5 months away from 50! My goal was to quit for good at 50, so it looks like I got a jump on it. Unfortunately, it was by default, because there was a good chance at the rate I was going,....Well, I'll just leave it at that.

Day 23 in the works. No cravings for 23 straight days.

My son is adjusting well to middle school and his grades are holding very strong while playing in the Jazz Band.

My wife keeps telling me what to do and continues to take on more than she can handle and then complains about it.

Looks like things are back to normal.!

And we say "why would we give this up". I know why, but at the same time, #$%& if I really know.

Let's keep the dream alive, team!
Old 10-17-2019, 07:41 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Your wife is funny, and I recognise those traits.
Glad all is good for you, and very happy to hear your son is doing well in both school and music.
And congrats on 23 days! ❤️
Old 10-17-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I left the forum for a while but I'm back and on day 8, I think.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Yes
It is indeed day 8 for you..
Just so happy you changed your mind. ❤️
Old 10-17-2019, 09:39 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Your wife is funny, and I recognise those traits.
Glad all is good for you, and very happy to hear your son is doing well in both school and music.
And congrats on 23 days! ❤️
A most sincere thanks!

Yeah, she's funny alright and her own worst enemy. My preaching falls on deaf ears with her....though I try.

I'm no peach to live with....We all have our own personalities....Some we can relate to, some we cannot. Life goes on!

Good to hear from you John65!
Old 10-17-2019, 01:37 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I am checking in. Should have done it sooner. Lapsed last night. Having trouble with obsessive cravings, like I need to get it out of my system. Lots of anxiety and shame today.
Old 10-17-2019, 03:14 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Taplow.

Occupying myself was a major problem for me too - but taking drinking out of the equation created a space for many more wonderful and productive things to take its place

Congrats to everyone hitting a milestone today no matter what it is

I'm sorry you drank The Light. I found the early days pretty tough too - it seemed to me I craved all the hours I was awake the first weeks...but this community really helped me get through that, and things got easier with a little time & effort.

Give us a chance to help you too

D
Old 10-17-2019, 03:16 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TheLight17 View Post
I am checking in. Should have done it sooner. Lapsed last night. Having trouble with obsessive cravings, like I need to get it out of my system. Lots of anxiety and shame today.
What Dee just said. ❤️