View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 08:40 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  
soberbythesea

Hi all,

Love your plants Venus They look great.

Day 5 today. I haven't seen my bf since day 1 (which we spent entirely on a plane) and I think that seeing him might be hard because we'll probably go out to dinner. Which means possibilities for drinking. I am feeling a bit insecure and unsure about the relationship right now for reasons I will NOT bore everyone with, and worry somewhat that that will translate into me wanting to drink when I see him.

My plan currently for dealing with this is to try to direct the evening in a way that doesn't involve drinking -- like ordering takeout at one of our apartments instead of going out. If that doesn't work, then I'm just going to have to try to keep in mind all the reasons I don't want to drink:

It will contribute to poor sleep
It makes my body feel bad
It contributes to arguments with the bf
It makes me less clearheaded at work
It negatively affects my self-esteem
It causes me to gain weight (I've already nearly lost the two pounds I gained on vacay and definitely not looking to go back in the other direction.)

I'm sure there are even more but this is just the short list I could come up with right now.

Maybe I'll also tell myself I'll get dessert instead of drinking. That trick works sometimes.

Everyone have a great day