Notices

Class of April 2019 Support Thread

Old 04-04-2019, 09:58 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I’m new and on day 1. Joining this group and went to a Life Ring meeting tonight. Ready to do the work to finally make my sobriety a priority. Tired of the sneaking around and the shame.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:36 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome SoberInTheBay

D
Old 04-04-2019, 10:44 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Wrapped up day 2 and heading into day 3. Had a good day today. We are on spring break so I took my kids hiking and I was out in nature. It was truly beautiful and I soaked in every moment. Which is pretty weird for me because usually I’m still having a lot of anxiety but I’ve been eating good and downing water like no tomorrow. We visited two other parks and I cooked a full dinner and did grocery shopping. Still can’t sleep. Only slept about 4 hours the last few days. Day 3-5 is usually where I start feeling bad and extremely tired and wanting to drink. But today was too good to even think about drinking and laying in bed all day. Onward and upwards class of April! I’m ready for my new life.
Old 04-04-2019, 11:24 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Ready to start day 2 feeling a little agitated but I know it will pass, managed to sleep quite well but a few bad dreams like my house being on fire and so on. I kind of want to just hide in bed but I have to get up and do stuff that needs to be done today. I'm going to drink lots of water and be nice to myself if I can, still feeling lots of shame. Lets hope we have a good day or night wherever you are its morning for me
Old 04-05-2019, 01:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi everyone can I join please?
Day 3 for me.
Been in several classes before but this madness has to stop. Have had a few weeks here and there sober feel great, but then like an idiot drink again!!
Old 04-05-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Pinky

D
Old 04-05-2019, 02:05 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Day 4. Besides poor sleep, no other issues. I started antidepressants 6 weeks ago so I assume they must have kicked in as I don't feel the usual crushing anxiety/depression. Maybe I may be able to muster the energy to actually do something productive. Usually, I spend a week on the sofa when detoxing.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Had a very busy day at work yesterday. Came home home watched some Netflix laying on the couch and fell asleep. Slept well, needed this sleep.

Have a busy day today well.
Old 04-05-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good morning all! It's great reading so many positive posts this morning.

Welcome Sober in the Bay and Pinky.

Let's rock this day, my friends!
Old 04-05-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
Hi everyone can I join please?
Day 3 for me.
Been in several classes before but this madness has to stop. Have had a few weeks here and there sober feel great, but then like an idiot drink again!!
I just have to say hi.....

HI. Just awesome to see you love.

And wonderful to see all of you this morning.... onward Amazing Aprils!! s
Old 04-05-2019, 06:32 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

I like silly class names.

You may have one already.....in my original Feb13 class we called ourselves Februbuddies. I still adore my Februbuddies. It ended up being four of us long-term....not many people for sure, but all four of us (girls) are now married and happy. My beautiful friend Mel has 3 kids now....3 beautiful children...and gosh...Serene has a beautiful little girl as well. And wehav and I are both very happily making fantastic lives for ourselves....I know wehav is for sure. I am a bit slow...or rather I take on too much and then need to give myself some extra time to get there. I am getting there.

So no matter what it takes to get there....we keep trying, never giving up, because this sober life rocks Amazing Aprils.

So very glad you are all here.
Old 04-05-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

day 2

Day 2. Focusing on eating, meds, vitamins and h2o. Won’t put too much pressure on myself today. Easy does it!
Old 04-05-2019, 07:18 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Welcome SoberInTheBay

D

thank you! 😀
Old 04-05-2019, 08:26 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Hello classmates! Day 5 and I'm feeling so much better. Have lots to keep busy with, too.

Lucy, sounds like a great day!! Keep up the good work

Welcome, Pinky!
Old 04-05-2019, 08:57 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Day 2 withdrawals have subsided which is great usually takes me 3-4 days to recover after a binge, I think maybe because have been drinking about double the water I would usually... had around 2 litres today. Keeping busy and got more stuff planned for tomorrow, its in the coming days now I need to watch out for the cravings come back and telling myself its ok I can drink again. its not ok. well done everyone and best of luck for another day
Old 04-05-2019, 09:28 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi class. Day 2 here as well. Super happy to get past day 1. I went to bed early last night, a few strange dreams and a bit of broken sleep. After I got my kids off to school I allowed myself to go back to bed. Three extra hours of sleep, I know my body has been needing it.
My family has a pretty full weekend planned. I am ready to stay vigilant of cravings. I know they will come and I plan to be ready to let them go one by one. No need to act on any of them.
Old 04-05-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Hi Suze!
Old 04-05-2019, 09:52 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Hello sweet Citrus. ♥♥
Old 04-05-2019, 10:22 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Glad youre feeling better today!
Old 04-05-2019, 10:58 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

So what is everyone doing over the weekend? I know you guys are in early days here....I know that was always the hardest time for me when the weekend rolled around. And we have Spring finally, for those of you who are in the colder US States....for me that is like when Summer hits in Aus.....exciting. People are out and about and I want to play too....as Citrus said, lots on this weekend. Forgive my not knowing, but is basketball still happening now? I don't know the sports seasons here yet....

....but a plan, even a rough plan is good I think. Lots of beautiful nature happening out there....I know I intend to go nuts buying new plants for the garden tomorrow.