Notices

Class of April 2019 Support Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 11:24 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Day 3 no alcohol or smokes coming to an end . I'm feeling tired today and a little nervous around the kids . Night everyone ! Hi H ! Shame we both messed up our 75 ish days but we're back on board
Old 04-03-2019, 02:56 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Givingup54 and H379

The early days are hard for most of us - but it does get better and easier I promise, gang

D
Old 04-03-2019, 04:19 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Back at Day one after a silly slip up, I didn't even want to drink! But the excuses came and now I feel frustration and regret.

It's all mental...I have to be stronger, which I know I am. I have gotten stuck at Day 5 two times now. I will make it past that, way past that.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Get back on the horse Lin! You can do it.

Day 5 here. Steady as she goes. Been here before but feeling ok. Staying busy and also relaxing and enjoying the peace. A little reading, a little Braves baseball. A little cooking. Some workouts.

Wary though. I feel like Tom Hanks in Castaway on that little raft. Waves of craving not too bad but I know the big one lies right beyond the reef, The craving the topples my little raft over. I hope my sail is big enough this time to get past the breakers into some calmer seas.

Have a good night everyone. Stay strong and no matter what, don't drink.
Old 04-03-2019, 08:58 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

why didn't you post here first NicLin?

D
Old 04-03-2019, 09:06 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

12:05am just made my first 24 hours. Time for bed and on to day 2
I just joined today, looking forward to being part of this group!
Old 04-03-2019, 10:46 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Peaches

D
Old 04-03-2019, 11:26 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Hello all! Finished my day 1. I’m so determined. Sick and tired of being sick and tired. My drinking has gotten so progressively worse that I know I can’t go on much longer if I keep at it. I want to live and be free of these chains of addiction. The small periods of sobriety I’ve had here and there have been the best times. Not the easiest, but easier then planning my entire life and events around when I can drink myself into oblivion. We can do this!
Old 04-04-2019, 12:25 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

I just finished day 2 Lucy. I almost made it 30 days in February. Back to try again. I realized that checking in here daily was beneficial. It gave me a feeling of accountability I suppose.
Old 04-04-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Welcome to those starting/restarting. We can do this thing! Hang in there.

Day 3.

Thank you for the welcome, Dee. Good to see you again!
Old 04-04-2019, 05:12 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sated View Post
Hi all! Day 2 for me. I used to be an athlete, I swam in school and a couple years ago I swam Alcatraz. Today was day 2 back in the pool. I felt stronger than yesterday but I cant believe I let myself get so out of shape. Why is wine more important that that elated feeling of jumping from a perfectly good boat into the dark, cold water in the San Fran bay and swimming to shore?? Wine makes me lazy and unmotivated.
I was a swimmer as well! Been out if the pool a while but hate how much I've let myself go. Dont fit into any of my clothes and no wonder, I calculated the 3 bottles of wine I've been drinking per day and its around 1,850

This is the first time I've tried to quit. On to day 2. Felt good not to wake up with a hangover and slept decent from taking 2 melatonin
Old 04-04-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jojo1965 View Post
Hello Dee and all April friends,

I’m back...again.

Thought I’d slide on in and get settled. It’s always a relief to be back. Now to figure out how to never leave.
Welcome back Jojo, only feels like yesterday ... Jan 2015
Old 04-04-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Start of day 3. I had a really horrible detox in February that lasted a week. Not nearly as bad this time. Haven't slept much at all the past few days. I suffer insomnia whether drinking or sober. An hour or two at a time is usually what I manage before waking up. Previous experience tells me I need at least a month completely sober before normal sleep patterns return.

Have a good day class
Old 04-04-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Welcome to all of the newcomers!

Day 4 for me and feeling better each day. Thanks for being here everyone.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:05 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Peaches1234 View Post
I was a swimmer as well! Been out if the pool a while but hate how much I've let myself go. Dont fit into any of my clothes and no wonder, I calculated the 3 bottles of wine I've been drinking per day and its around 1,850

This is the first time I've tried to quit. On to day 2. Felt good not to wake up with a hangover and slept decent from taking 2 melatonin
Hi Peaches! Welcome Chin up! Drink water!

This can be your first and last time that you try to quit.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:13 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hello! Day 4. I had a headache all day yesterday but made it through grocery shopping without venturing towards the wine section. I did see a few bottles that looked quite refreshing but I told my AV (Ive named her Farrah) to shove off and went along my way.

Sleep was kind of horrible because we got volunteered to dog sit my step sons dogs from hell. Grr. Felt good waking up today though, I have my kids so no swim but I woke up, made my coffee and sat in my craft room/office in the peace and quiet until I got the kids up. If I had wine last night I would have been tired and grumpy and gotten out of bed late with a horrid taste in my mouth. I would have been rushed and short with my kids. Id have driven them to school a bit foggy and not productive at work. And its month end, so I kind of NEED to be productive this week...

Onward! Today I will not drink wine. I will enjoy my gallon jug of water with lemon essential oil in it all day. Good for my liver

Happy Thursday all!
Old 04-04-2019, 09:20 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delilah1 View Post
Welocome to everyone committing to sobriety this month!! SR helped me get sober and stay sober for three years and three months (today). There is so much support on this site, read and post, and reach out when you're struggling.

Looking forward to seeing all of you!!

❤️Delilah
Following my lovely friend Delilah and adding my welcome to all of you I don't know.

And it is wonderful to see those I do know: I know for me that this is the most incredible journey.....sobriety gives us everything that alcohol took away (another friend wrote this earlier today). It is just so true. So I am glad you are all back....we do this together.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

A very busy day for me. Glad will be home exhausted. Need some time to think why I drank the other day. I think I know the reason.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:50 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

I know that I found it incredibly useful to identify all of my triggers....well, as much as I could. Now I try my best to protect myself in situations that are too triggering for me, or I simply say no.

Just really glad you came back straight away dear H379.
Old 04-04-2019, 10:01 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi im marie. Im 32 and a mum of two. Been a heavy drinker for 10 years with some long periods of sobriety. I'm currently withdrawing... pretty anxious and jittery. Got cravings that I'm trying to ride out. Its day 1...