And you deserve some new clothes.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sasssy, brilliant, enjoy yourself xx
Old 04-29-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Good morning overs

Gorge Carlin's "Stuff" I love it, it reminds me of me.
I cleaned out my attic three years ago and hauled two thousand pounds of stuff to the landfill.
I haven't moved in thirty two years so the pile had gotten out of control.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were able to put things about us in a box and toss them in the trash and they would be gone for good? Maybe a highlite and delete button, a little click and paste to make our lives just the way we want them.
Sometimes I'd settle for I wish I knew then what I know now. Even then I probably would have gone on to make other mistakes.

I had a couple phone calls Saturday that afterwards lit my PTSD up like a pinball arcade, my only reaction was to hide in the house and not talk to any one. But the feeling of being so uncomfortable in my own skin was crazy.

I'm back to " normal " now but yesterday was odd. All I did to set me off was tell the mother of my oldest daughter that I cared for her because she was her mom. She lives two hours away and is no threat to me unless carring for her is a threat in my mind.

Action
Old 04-29-2019, 09:24 AM
  # 464 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
Carlin always was on track and hilarious! I remember some my dreams but do wake up with lucid thoughts about issues I am working out. Mags, weird as it sounds, I had similar waking feelings of guilt because my mind and body thought I should be getting back from vacation to work. Just a bit of guilt that made me laugh. I have had flying dreams where I really had to work with my arms just to get to altitude and then I would cruise my neighborhood and see it from a higher perspective. Sometimes it was really difficult to get off the ground but rarely.

PJ,
I believe we work out problems in dreams too. MY drinking dreams were mostly just silly as I would wake almost every night 4 hours after I went to sleep. Then use the john and back to sleep instantly most times. Peej, I worked out a lot of stress writing lyrics and poetry and then writing music for them and wrote some good songs. I like your art in that you show the tensions and contrasts between your lights and dark, sometimes in the same piece.

Andy,
Yeah that is good and perhaps a bit true for all of us ex alcohol abusers. I keep making mental notes and losing my notebook as well!

Safe travels Sassy! Enjoy the cruise.

Still working on divesting myself of my accumulations in my electronics and tools as well as machinery.
Old 04-29-2019, 11:42 AM
  # 465 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy, that video of sliding doors leading into more and more sliding doors, well it reminded me of a film I saw years ago called The Cube. It was weird. People had been trapped in a room sized cube with escape only into another cube.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:21 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Administrator

bon voyage Sass

D
Old 04-29-2019, 11:05 PM
  # 467 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

A misty and cold old day here today.

Sassy, I’m sure it’ll be much better on your voyage.

I don’t think I’ll be venturing far if I can help it.

Hope it’s a good Tuesday my friends, it May tomorrow!
Old 04-29-2019, 11:58 PM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Enjoy your cruise, Sassy.

I'm going to collect a kiln shelf from an outfit in Stoke on Trent - The Potteries.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-30-2019, 12:52 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Have a wonderful trip Sass, wish I was coming!
Old 04-30-2019, 02:57 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  

Itchy, love (or hate!) the sliding doors image :-)

Action, ptsd is no fun, that’s for sure. It took me 30 years of therapy, a desensitization program plus meds to get past 95% of it. I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy.

Thanks for all the good vibes for my cruise! The weather doesn’t look great but it will be fun and relaxing nonetheless. I need a vacation from retirement

Have a good day to all!
Old 04-30-2019, 03:40 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Bon Voyage, Sassy!

Itch, the sliding doors reminds me of Get Smart!

I also believe that dreams are the subconscious sorting things out. I also believe they can also just be random images. After all, sometimes a banana is just a banana:

Have a Terrific Tuesday, overs!
Old 04-30-2019, 05:09 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Shared on a few threads.

Long days folks. I make plans, see? Like.... 'tomorrow I will start of routine, ready for going back to study...a walk, healthy b/fast, then art study..etc'. Then I wake up with a migraine aura, and being stubborn, attempt to fight it- just with brufen and Panadol, rather than take the antimigraine med...and so sleep another 3h..

Or the next day- same plan- then only sleep 3-4h, and by midday am exhausted just by doing activities of daily living. So I am still going to set routine like tasks- but be more flexible instead of having a rigid structure of times and expected outcomes. Go with the flow. When these setbacks occur- I do okay, do the mindful crap- the gratitude stuff, journal, breathe, HALTS etcetc- BUT then the automatic dysfunctional default comes in that, as usual I am avoiding doing anything productive- because I prefer being a victim, thus I am hopeless and a failure. So I fight this- and do what I have to do, plus more- but never as much as I want. Even after significant surgery with 50 sutures, pain, immobility and no immediate family for support- I do well, but do not feel as if I am doing well. It is like the only feelings in my onion layers transcendental journal of healing- are negative...so much hard work to do.

Hang loose folks. Remember- the are 2 kinds of people in this world- people with beards and nothing else.
Bloods for check up tomorrow, then Burns Unit, then Psychologist- then arrange another burns unit appt for physio/OT.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:19 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Answered.... so much love.
Old 04-30-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
Those are called recursive images:
Here are a few more

A bit much for one page, I'll stop there.

Dee,
How are your niggles? I hope they are easing on. Don'tcha hate it when an image won't come up?

Andy,
You've a kiln? You're a potter? My MIL had one and made all sorts of stuff. Her turkey platter is now an heirloom for our family and made it all over the world.

FBL,
Maxwell Smart and agent 99, now there's an image I haven't dusted off in a looooong time!
Recursive images are like a nightmare where it is innocent content with a personal but cautionary expectations of possible horror/doom. Yes, sometimes an Apple isn't just a computer either. <grin>

Action,
I'm with Sassy, PTSD would be a bear for anyone. I am so glad to have never had to shoot anyone in war or peace.

Suze,
Sorry I did not respond to your wishes for a good move a couple up. Thanks.

I finished the Tractor clean up; it looks great ands runs like a Swiss watch! (Dating myself) I also got half the yard cutting done as I was out of gas. I was waiting for gas prices to go down but didn't realize I did not have one full 5 gal. gas can (Plastic) of my three. It cost $36.60 for filling my three containers!!!! I got back after 8pm and now I have to get out and cut the rest before the already cut sections grow any. Storms tonight and for a week again. I will be so glad to get out of the hot, muddy, humid, Louisiana. I leave one friend here, the other good friends are gone, and the rest are just acquaintances. You guys are closer for me than the locals now. Imagine that!
Old 04-30-2019, 06:42 PM
  # 475 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey overs!
Got it all done and more. Now it can rain. We move next week and I've procrastinated on choosing my tools to get rid of and tools I can't live without. There are some tools I've had for 50 years like a wooden claw hammer, a box wrench set, a drill bit set, my SnapOn and Craftsman sockets, breaker bars, and screwdrivers, and of course all our 18 volt Ryobi tools, radio, lights, and impact drivers. I have four of everything and will pare down to one or two tools or sets. After I get my wife settled and come back to sell the house and truck, tractor, HHR, and have a yard sale. I am told it takes time to close when folks are borrowing for their house. So I'll be in a vacant house with all the appliances a blow up mattress, my carry gun, surface pro computer, and the modem old router with the new Linksys Velop mesh network AC 4200 router and a new modem up there. I can do it. I can always buy another if I make a mistake and need something. Better than paying $100 a month for a storage locker. I can buy a lot of tools for 1200 a year! .
Old 04-30-2019, 07:20 PM
  # 476 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bon voyage to you too Itch

D
Old 04-30-2019, 09:28 PM
  # 477 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

PJ, your recovery is coming on steady but surely.... I laughed at your remark about two kinds of people, beards and nothing else! Been trying to grow mine for years

Itchy, those recursive pics are strange! The building one makes me dizzy, but I’m ok with the other two! That’s just me being a wimp!
I imagine you have to be very clinical in choosing what to keep and what to sell.

Sassy, you need a holiday from being retired! It’s hard going sometimes!

No plans for today, as of yet, though when I went to the shop yesterday I came home itching all over, hubby says wear a mask,but I can’t breathe in it, and gets so hot, plus I’d feel like a bank robber going in the shop with a mask on!

.......A bubble is the only answer! Full of sterile, clean oxygen...yeah..that sounds good.

Right time for another cuppa methinks!

Have a good Wednesday, my friends.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:43 PM
  # 478 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Itchy, no kiln, I'm working on my new furnace design.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 05-01-2019, 01:39 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

PJ

Itchy, you will likely run into one of my most common of Murphy’s corollaries - no matter how carefully you plan, there will be something you get rid of that you will later realize you need again

Mags, I wish you a happy bubble

Cruise looking a little iffy - just came down with cold and sore throat. Fortunately I have trip cancellation insurance but am keeping fingers crossed.

Have a good day, Overs!
Old 05-01-2019, 02:43 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sassy, I hope your cold and sore throat are very fleeting so you can still go on your cruise. Wishing you lots of healing thoughts.