Notices

One Year & Over Part 67

Old 04-27-2019, 01:47 AM
  # 441 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Football this morning, it's the semi final!

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-27-2019, 03:27 AM
  # 442 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thanks for the update, PJ.

Bracing for the snow later today. The good news is, it won't stick around long.

Have a great weekend, overs!
Old 04-27-2019, 04:13 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treerat66 View Post
Good morning Overs.

Football this morning, it's the semi final!

Whose football? No injuries please.

I am watching Aussie rules (AFL) this second.....so awesome, even if it's not my team. It's actually Swans v GWS (for PJ) and I love to have the Swans. He he he.

Old 04-27-2019, 05:22 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Hello Overs - very quick pop in from me - I think that my Joe & Charlie CDs are arriving today - I had to pay for customs duty and they said they would deliver today as a result, haha!

Nothing much else to report - just keeping on keeping on
Old 04-27-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Real football, Suse.

Final score, we won 2 -1
Old 04-27-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy is that DD’s team, if so Yaaaay
Old 04-27-2019, 10:00 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Good morning overs

All I can say is my grandson plays football and soccer and loves them both.....

As to the real football he'd say what are you talking about? 🙂
Old 04-27-2019, 05:56 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey Overs!
Congrats to all with soberversaries Action, Badge, and long time no see Midwest!

Dee,
I hope you are soon over the nigglings.

FBL,
You must be tired of that gas bubble. I hope your niggle departs soon too.

Guys I have been running like a one armed paperhanger with a case of the crabs - Don't know which end to reach for first!

The movers are scheduled to pick us up a week from Monday. I had my Full Size Ford 601 Workmaster gas tractor sitting up for a year until I could get my buddy over to overhaul the carb with me. I can do the mechanicals but not often enough to be fast enough. Once done the battery I bought last year for it, and never installed until Thursday, cranked it right up. But after we had filled it up with 5 gallons of now $2.39 a gallon gas, and moved it over to wash it the fuel leaked out through the carburetor. Then it would not start because I didn't believe that much fuel drained on the ground. Tore it down again and found the float needle had a grain of sand sized grit stuck to it. Cleaned it up and double checked the new filter and line, filled it up and voila! Purrs like a kitten. So I could finish power washing all the green algae off and detail the engine and chassis. I grabbed the hose and started when the hose end blew up at the sprayer head! I sold the main hose and after deciding to buy a new one we remembered the one around the other side of the house and it was long enough! Just got done moving the tractor and getting the hoses swapped and after two days of messing in the sun have a sunburn but am ready to git r done manana. That tractor is the one with the pics in my album at my profile.

Then I have to mow the yard, put ads in the for sale sites for the RV, HHR, and the Truck, and a bunch of tablets and electronics. I will finish sorting my tools in the shop and sell the spares and odds and ends. Got rid of a lot already including a 400 gallon plastic potable water tank with a quick disconnect and sprinkler I made to water the drive when I first moves he, and spread concrete washout, that is like talcum until it is wet enough and compacts. We got all the muddy drain problems fixed as well as the ruts in the yard. Here is the front of the workshop that once had muddy holes and the concrete six inches above the grade. We graveled with a full load of SB2 and a load of dirt for the ruts and low spots.

There was no gravel on either side of the concrete shop drive, we just did that four inches thick to grade at the bottom.

Normally the tools are all in the cabinets and the big workbench and storage units we sold.

The shop is half as full as a few weeks ago. The workbench and storage units, the ramps, big compressor, and trailer dolly are no longer there where the plastic cheap shelving is now. I will sell of give away 3/4ths of what you see since the new house does not have a workshop . . yet.

I could not do this, or even organize it were I drinking!
Old 04-27-2019, 07:05 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Good for you Itch.
I think it is useful to have a 'clean out'.. I have an Uncle- who owned some prime Adelaide Hills farm land (just for the view, I think) and he was an earth mover- so his toys weighed lots of tons and were worth hundreds of thousands....now her lives in a renovated cottage and about 5 acres....he is nearly 90. He has a main shed full of 'stuff'- about twice (at least) as big as the one you show in your pics- then there is one the same size as yours- for all my Auntie's stuff, then there is a woodshed that could easily fit a very largefour wheel drive, then we get to all the machinery not under cover, plus the caravan, the house boat......hey are just so attached to their possessions and not wanting to let go and declutter (the cottage is the size of a house that could comfortably stable a family of 4- and every room is full up with a lifetime's worth of stuff). All of this does matter- as my Aunt is too frail now to live independently, but she is fighting this thought.

I hope your move is seamless and happy, Itch.
Old 04-27-2019, 09:36 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, great photos, you’ve been so busy, to say the least. People will be getting a good deal from you when they buy your equipment...you must have had some good travels in your RV....

PJ, I don’t know why we hoard stuff, your aunt and uncle they have a lifetime of stuff, as was my husband’s aunt and uncle, who have now sadly passed. Their children are clearing everything out.

I’m in the process of clearing stuff out that I’ve hoarded for so long..just in case I needed it one day.. why did I do that..keep putting it in the attic, I feel if I declutter it will declutter my head too!

Have a good Sunday my friends
Old 04-28-2019, 12:23 AM
  # 451 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Have a good Sunday everyone.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:27 AM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Treerat66 View Post
Real football, Suse.

Final score, we won 2 -1
Oh yeah.....I have heard that one once or twice.....
My dad was a Londoner, who became a HUGE AFL fan....and my team (Saints) are dong brilliantly this year.

VERY glad you won.

Old 04-28-2019, 04:31 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Thankfully, most of the snow went to our south. We got about an inch here and it should all be melted away by noon today.

Andy, congrats on the football victory! If you call it football over here, you might get punched.

Itch, best of luck with the rest of the move.

Have a Super Sunday, overs!
Old 04-28-2019, 04:37 AM
  # 454 (permalink)  

Snow. Ridiculous. I would cry.....half my garden is in.

Also wishing yo the best with the rest of the move Itchy love. s
Old 04-28-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 455 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Thanks guys, we will do fine with the actual move as we lived there when I taught at the US Air Force Academy in "The Springs."

I am stressed, but determined to weed down to just the necessities. I have over a hundred screwdrivers alone yet I use the 18 volt Ryobi impact driver and other power tools almost 100% of the time. I had a tool bucket in the house which is a five gallon plastic bucket with a canvas tool insert that held tools inside and out in various pockets and was topped with a lid that opened to hold nuts bolts screws whatever. Then a tool kit in each car and truck, and one in the RV.

PJ,
I know how they felt about keeping "stuff" just in case. We are not new to this as we had to avoid getting new stuff in the military beyond our weight limits. But we sold everything three times before and this will be our last move to a house without a crematorium!

The really big sell off was after two years of full-time RV travel, of seven total we spent fully re-tired and seeing all of North America, just following our noses and staying from two days to a month or three in places we had to spend more time on. What makes it easier PJ is once I realized I could rent the big stuff cheaper than I could maintain it like my tractor I use only a few times a year. My mowers are muddy from the last cut with the ground wet, so they need a pressure wash too. There are also two 22" push mowers, one self-propelled I have to figure out what to do with. I can tow them up north with the truck if need be. I am not giving them away, but will sell them cheap.

Mags,
You're so right. We don't "need" most stuff we own save a few pairs of pants and tops and some undies and socks and shoes. After the first two years of RV living with only a few pairs of jeans and tops, one pair of loafers and two sneakers, two belts, and 14 pairs of socks and undies, and minimal tools we had an estate sale and got rid of everything except family pictures, family videos, music CDs, family heirlooms, antiques and art, which our kids kept for us until we came off the road again. We learned to get rid of anything we had not used in a year, and we could not buy something unless we got rid of something the same weight and/or size. I'm reminded of George Carlin on "Stuff:" hilarious.

So true. Mags, a good declutter gives opportunity to donate to the homeless or less fortunate which is where my excess clothes are going. And to give friends a good or free deal. The rest to the buyout man.

Thanks FBL!

Thanks Suze! Hey you root for my team the Saints? Kewl!

Andy congrats on having fine children. And on the victory.

I have to go finish the tractor clean up as I was burned out last evening. And maybe make some more headway on the tools.

Have a great rest of your week Overs!
Old 04-28-2019, 11:09 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs,

Itchy, just watched ‘Stuff’, very funny indeed. and true!

I keep dreaming the similar dream every night...I’m at work and different things keeps happening in my dreams, getting made redundant...many times but in different formats...crashing the car, , pretty heavy going these dreams, they’re all stress related it seems. I think it may because I’m waiting for the health visitors report....
I don’t know why...probably because it’s something out of my control.

Also, I’ve always loved dreaming and trying to analyse it, if I remember it when I woke that is I used to have a dream diary and when I look back over it, those dreams were pretty crazy and surreal. It was in the drinking days though, so they could’ve played a part in them, maybe.

I’ve always had an over active imagination, I really need to put it to good use. Somehow! I’ll ponder that one.

Have a good Monday my friends. xx
Old 04-28-2019, 11:27 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

Mags- the way I see my dreams - the bits of my brain that do a lot of the hard work of thinking - decision making, making sense of memories, processing new events, feelings....do it when I am asleep. This is because the bits of my brain that are taken up with me being awake- thoughts, feelings and actions, get in the way of processing stuff. So when I rest- the brain des not have to worry about me.

I see dreams as simply me overhearing and seeing stuff my hard working brain does when I rest.

I have had some very dark ones of late. Such as my dead bro (alcoholism- bullied me terribly, I woke in same ICU bed after coma) strangling my dad (also an alcie- poor role model) to death. Does not need much analyzing to work out this is not a good dream to dwell on. BUT- if I find my dreams/flashbacks/nightmares effect me overtly- I do chat to my 'professional friends' about it (counsellor, psychologist).

I also art my way out of stuff, not write stuff down and it does help.
Old 04-28-2019, 11:27 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

My imagination needs to be given something to do or it goes off on its own agenda.

Old 04-28-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
Magsie

PJ, yeah, I see your art is a good outlet for you

Andy, I think you’re right, as in focussing, not letting my brain wander off. P.s. it always come back again.
Old 04-29-2019, 04:28 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  

Good morning, Overs.

I am going to be a bit scarce this week and next as I am getting ready to go on a cruise at the end of this week in the Canadian Maritimes. I should have WiFi (if the package isn’t too costly). It’s been at least 10 years since I last took a cruise so I am stressing out about it a bit. I have decluttered so much that I needed to buy a few things