Notices

One Year & Over Part 67

Old 04-22-2019, 03:18 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Had a good visit with the family over the weekend. Even got in on the bingo game at Mom's place on Saturday.

Have a Magnificent Monday, overs!
Old 04-22-2019, 01:15 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  
Re-Member

FBL,
Glad all went well.

Andy,
Good luck with your visit. I hope you can enjoy the visit. Have you met them before? Best wishes for the sister's recovery.

PJ, I agree with Sassy, you are proving you have nothing to prove. Many folks never have that information at their disposal. I learned my limits and that I have zip to prove in the Boy Scouts, the Air Force, scuba diving and on the ski slopes. I doubt I will ever be back in shape enough to ski again, but walk-in skin diving is still easy enough, even with tanks. I don't think I can get up the ladder to get back on the boat with tanks and weights. I don't do freshwater swimming or diving and since the latest rounds of brain eating amoebas in the local adjacent county water supplies. (Yes, for another few weeks I will be living in the state that is tops in what's worst and worst in what's best of the 50 states of this union.

Mags,
I would do about two others in that list but not the ones in China.

We loved season 8 episode 2 of GOT! We bought the BluRay disk collection for Seasons 1-6 and bought season 7 on Amazon Prime. I buy disks when they are for sale USED. We got 1-6 for $35.00 in the collector's boxes with the included literature. I imagine I will have to pay about $10 for season 8 a few months down the road.

Sassy,
I agree on the heights today. I have visible slowness in getting up off the floor and getting down on my creeper. For across the pond folks that is the name we have for the wheeled platform with a head rest for working under vehicles on a concrete floor.

Action, which state do you live in? nothing that could ID you just so I can visualize your house style. Here they are much different than in the NE.

My website is back up for those who have it but the info is the same. I won't build the new one that I can write in again daily until after the move. If anyone want to read the RV travels PM me and I will give it to you. It is a private website and nothing is for sale on it, nor recommended.
Old 04-22-2019, 09:32 PM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, I’ve seen GOT mentioned on fb and how 8.2 was emotional! I’ve only seen bits of GOT, I keep promising myself I’ll watch it all someday,

We’re (me and Mr. M (hubby)) are meeting my sister and bil for a game of 12 hole crazy golf then lunch today, it will be a bit of fun I imagine.

This weather is driving me mad, or should I say the pollen! Itching from head to foot, keep dousing my skin with cloths soaked in Epsom salt water.

I guess I should stay indoors when it’s like this

Have a good day my friends xx
Old 04-22-2019, 11:27 PM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Sorry you're suffering Mags.

Our visit went well, the trip to the hospital was less traumatic than I had thought. My FIL teared up when we talked about Chris, I'm not sure how or if I can help him.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 405 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, I don’t think you can help your fil. My dad got choked up and teary everytime he talked of my brother who was 12 when he passed. That was 51 years ago. Up to my dads dying day he got emotional talking about Alfie. It never goes away, just moves on with you.
Old 04-23-2019, 02:21 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

prayers Andy
Old 04-23-2019, 03:40 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

PJ, your avatar - more of your work? I like it!

Have a good Monday :-)
Old 04-23-2019, 04:43 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Good morning overs,
I'm still working on my house and will be for some time I have begun to realize. But I'm very pleased with the results so far. My old house is a 1890s Victorian with all the wood work high ceilings and thirteen rooms. I love the space and the idea of living in a home with history.
One odd fact is that the original owner died in 1903 with 40k in the bank and his wife had to go to court and prove the children were hers. It's all in the abstract.
While the space is nice it makes for more to clean.

I was surprised by my grandson last night when I asked him to pick up his movies and Nintendo games and a few books he had around. I was met with an ok papa and he put the movies and games in there cases then on the self! Wow.

Today I have been sober fifteen months and I am so grateful!

Everyone please have a wonderful day full of peace and hope and happiness.
Action
Old 04-23-2019, 05:55 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations Action, on 15 months sober!
Old 04-23-2019, 07:00 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Congratulations Action
Old 04-23-2019, 03:44 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Congrats, Action!
Old 04-23-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs,

Terrible news in Sri Lanka, a fb friend of mine had just come out of one of the chapels that was bombed, so sad and seemingly pointless.

Another bright morning in North Lincolnshire, though there’s rain forecast in the coming days. Not to put clouds on it but I could do with the pollen damping down a bit! My face looks like I’ve been burned down one side, I’ve not used anything diffently, I darent! So if it doesn’t settle down I’m off to see the doc today. This happened a while ago too, and I needed a/biotics to get rid.

Hope it’s a peaceful day where you are today, my friends.xx
Old 04-24-2019, 12:52 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Mags, sorry to hear it. Your health issues keep going on like a freight train. Been there and it’s no fun, that’s for sure. You have an amazing attitude

Andy

I think we could all use a big hug as the violence, insanity and incivility continue on this earth
Old 04-24-2019, 01:16 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

Repeat share: Outpatients appt...saw one surgeon in main foyer- WHO showed the sales manager of the dressing company that makes the dressing which helped save my life- on describing who I was (with a tour of my arm) she looked awe struck. Then senior nurse checked- other nurse removed 20 sutures from donor site- inner thigh. Other surgeon looked, all happy. Top layer of skin has sloughed off- looks like raw mincemeat- that has been patted down with a fork. My down there area is very sore- very sore. Then assessment by OT for a new glove. The graft has taken well, and the 30 or so stitches have all dissolved now- no more reinforcing bandages (there- I PUT ONE ON HOME, TO PROTECT IT FROM BUMPING), SO THAT IS QUITE SORE AS WELL. and that was in caps and I am tired so staying in caps.... So tiring but good. Then visit to cuz- she gave me linen she had spare- as I do not have much. Then shopping- home, went to check mail and locked myself out. The spare I usually have hidden (and I mean hidden) outside was at a friend's place- who had it for checking my unit when I was in hosp. Went to unit management office not far away (had spare car keys on spare mail box key, with no house key) and got their spare-spare key, all good.

Interesting- my neighbor came out and correctly worked out I was locked out, then proceeded to settle into the rhythm one does when launching into a 'life lesson' story and what SHE does with her spare key.......really what I needed.

Long day, but very productive.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:03 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Hello overs, I have been hanging out and reading just not posting much, not sure why, kind of like being at a party and not knowing anyone, so I just hang in a corner until I feel I have something to contribute.

Life has been good, I just realized I passed my 500 day mark 2 months ago, still some pangs when I am out of my normal routine but easily dismissed.

My self absorbed co-worker rolled the dice one to many times and popped a duii 2 weeks ago. Extremely sad that no one was surprised. She also lived my nightmare of being arrested and brought to our jail. I was on duty when she came in, I must say she externally handled it better than I would have. So she is on suspension right at the moment until the courts do their thing. I think the bosses are going to use this as a way to fire her if guilty. She was calling in sick, calling in late, drunk calling Sgts or texting way to often over the past few years and it has finally caught up with her. We all know the story,, She had attempted the dry January but it didn't last the month. I have been sending her texts and social media communications but I know I need to call and get some personal voice time with her. Everything is extremely hush hush about it, her name is not mentioned at work at all, its like she never existed, kind of the elephant in the room thing. She was advised to not speak of it to anyone also which makes conversations awkward. She brought it on herself and she knows this. I am just wondering if she will stop drinking now. I can't see how I could ask her without sounding judgy. Time will tell.

Take care overs.

Badge
Old 04-24-2019, 02:41 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

Enjoy your corner Badger,

Sassy, Mags and everyone who wants one here's a hug,

I took the car in for it's service this morning and bought myself some 'Ultra Memory' insoles, they feel great.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-24-2019, 03:15 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Old 04-24-2019, 04:51 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Badge, I know you, seen you in 24 or grats, not sure which or both make yourself at home...... I hope you’re colleague finds this as a turning point. She may be a completely different person without booze to prop her.

Andy, did the garage have the insoles or did you take the car to boots for your service? Nothing would surprise me nowadays.

PJ
Old 04-24-2019, 06:01 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Hi lovelies....and badge.....you are amongst friends love.

Not surprised about your co-worker at all....actually think she is very very lucky.
She didn't kill anyone. As for sounding judgy.....no reason you can't reach out with AA literature or something.....maybe get her a copy of Each Day A New Beginning or something.....just a thought.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:28 AM
  # 420 (permalink)  

I haven’t posted on this thread in awhile but I want to catch up with all of you. I hope everyone is doing well. In 42 days I will be three years sober. Yay!

Badgerden- I remember when I was still drinking wondering why no one would reach out to me and bring it up. I wish they would have.

Did anyone else feel that way?