Notices

One Year & Over Part 67

Old 04-20-2019, 01:45 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hiya Goat! Great to see ya!

Up early for work this morning and even earlier tomorrow.

Have a good day all!
Old 04-20-2019, 03:34 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Will be heading out shortly for my long drive back to Minnesota. Will take Mom out for supper tonight and to church on Easter Sunday before heading back.

Have a great weekend, overs!
Old 04-20-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Have a good Saturday, Overs :-)
Old 04-20-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Good morning overs!

Safe travels for everyone........
Old 04-20-2019, 10:17 AM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Arrive safely FBL!

Andy,
It has been a while for us, so I enjoy all the tales of the migration from teen to adult. Our first batch of grand kids are in their mid 20s now! Our youngest son waited until he was 40 and DDL was mid 30s to change their minds about having kids. Our late batch is little Elena just coming up on one year, and our only grandson, just turned three. It all goes by so fast.

Goat,
Good to see you too.

Mags,
My SH (Significant Harassment for the noobs here) uses inhalers and we are hoping the dry climate will be good for her breathing. We'll soon see. I think folks our age who survived no seat belts, air bags, no computers everywhere we turn, (not to mention our Star Trek communicators we call cell phones, which are now TVs, phones, professional level still and video cameras, word processors and in our case with Moto z3 phones also projectors, sound systems, and GPS navigation systems, all in our pockets) will all have stories of going places where the general pubic is no longer allowed. Mine are the top of the Statue of liberty's torch, and the Twin Towers, among other places. I also climbed the steps at the Capitol in DC to the top where they fly flags all day long for just a second to be awarded as a flag flown over the Capitol to military retirees among others. I have one now. It has a metal stairway with lots of very old graffiti. https://architectofthecapital.org/po.../flag-elevator
https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/wa...-caution-signs

For all who celebrate it, have a happy Easter weekend.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Magsie

Itchy, oh I just looked at Statue of Liberty and there are web cams on it! It is soooo high up.. when I was younger it wouldn’t have been a problem for me but now, I go dizzy with heights! Don’t know why

Gonna check the web cams out some more after.
I hope the air is more suitable for your SH, , my sister finds drier air better.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:07 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

I've never been good with height, I have a house that was built in the 1890s and I can't stand to look out the attic windows, I have to sneak up on them. There only 35 - 40 feet off the ground. EEEK! 🙂
Old 04-20-2019, 09:41 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs,

Action, your house sounds very interesting, it must have some great history. I too would get vertigo looking up at attic windows that high!

Apparently there’s a ‘Pollen Bomb’ over U.K. , so maybe that’s why I’ve been sneezing so much. The name sounds a bit dramatic but asthma UK say it can be dangerous for asthma and hay fever sufferers.
So I’ll be extra vigilant in my travels today to the Japanese gardens.

Have a good Easter Sunday my friends
Old 04-21-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Mags, it is such a pretty time of year, but almost everyone seems to be suffering from all the pollen this season.

Have a good day all!
Old 04-21-2019, 12:48 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

DS came home with a broken nose at 1:00 this morning. It's slightly out of true but not too bad.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:10 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Andy, bummer! My sister broke her nose at a young age so it didn’t show at all until her teens. Then she had to have it re-broken with plastic surgery because she had trouble breathing :-(

Happy Easter to all who celebrate.
Old 04-21-2019, 04:58 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

and to you, Sass
Old 04-21-2019, 08:15 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, I hope you DS isn’t in too much pain with his broken nose! Hope he soon recovers.
Old 04-21-2019, 06:41 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Andy,
That hurts! I hope he gets over it fast. 1 AM? Hmmm. How's the other guy?

Mags,
I'm a bit more leery of heights as I get older too but not much. Never had issues with heights except twice. Once when a cadet pilot did a wing over at the Academy. The passenger sits in front. It is weird without sounds of the engine or mechanicals. I've flown in small and large aircraft but nothing is like doing swoop-de-doos in a glider. When we were RV fulltiming we visited the Grand Canyon and I thought my wife would freak at the glass floored overlook. Instead when I got out to the furthest rail the wind came up in a series of gusts that made me grab the rail and freeze for a minute. My rational mind was telling my limbic system it was safe. My limbic system cussed it out and had the upper hand for a minute. My SH had already run back so did not see me freak and freeze. I make fun of her as she is afraid of being on top of an RV or on a ladder but she does it to help clean them with me. Here is the Grand canyon skywalk along with the other top ten skywalks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75fKmZgNoU4
We did one up on the Kaprun Glacier in Austria https://www.zellamsee-kaprun.com/en/.../places/kaprun, It was a long walkway to the overlook you see in the picture in that link. We stayed in Banff provincial park for a few days on the way to Alaska by RV. I'd never seen the edge ones before now. Now those would be exciting as long as no one had an accident making it slippery!

I'm sorry you feel badly Mags! My wife is the same this time of year. I started being subject to pollen and allergies as I got into my 50s pretty bad, but when I stopped smoking three packs a day and drinking a case and more of beer a day, my allergies completely went away to this day. She still smokes too.

Action,
My SH is like you. She loved skiing the Alps with all the T-Bars, chair lifts and gondolas. We've skied across connecting trails with no fence or guardrails with long drops. They get icy and scary mid-afternoon.

Hi Star and PJ!

Sassy,
Did you volunteer to break it and save the Doctor bill?

Got more done in the workshop, and now it is just deciding what's to go or throw.
Old 04-21-2019, 07:08 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Not sure about the Canyon Skywalk....

Mind, when I was in the recovery program, they had a 'high ropes adventure' excursion. I had, I thought a fear of heights my life- to the pointwhen I had a Uni Lecturing job 400k's from the main campus in the city- I would drive for 9 hours (incl return) to go to a 60minute meeting, rather than fly, until I was threatened with termination of employment. Any hows I went on the rope thing- and purposely made myself do stuff- to check the strength of my newly healed burnt arm and heights. I did one particular activity- where you are hoisted up in the air- then let go- like being propelled by a giant rubber band. No fear- so I did it again to make sure. This does not turn me into a stunt man, but a good exercise.
Old 04-21-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning Overs

Itchy, Eeek! Just watched the top ten skywalks, thank you. When I was younger I could be a right daredevil, nothing phased me, but nah, no way would I go on any of those high walks nowadays, though I’ve gotta admire the engineering in them!

PJ, in U.K. they have Bunjee Jumping, usually off high cranes or bridges, not for the faint hearted! Hubby did it years ago and said it felt like all his internal organs had been jumbled up!

I’ve not seen the ducks since they’ve flown, so I think they must have been resting for a while, not sure. They flew off with confidence though!

A quiet day today just pottering about. We’ve got some stuff we need to take to skip. It will be busy there today so we’ll probably leave it for mid week, when it’s quieter.

Have a good Easter Monday my friends xx
Old 04-22-2019, 12:49 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Good morning Overs.

DS is doing well, the police have the name of the other guy. It was an unprovoked attack on the dance floor, so DS was taken by surprise.

We are going on a strange visit. We are going to Chris' sister's house to meet Chris' aunt and uncle who have come from Switzerland. However Chris' sister is in hospital with an antibiotic resistant lung infection.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 04-22-2019, 01:08 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  
Magsie

Andy, I’m sure you’ll have a good visit and Chris’s aunt and uncle will have many stories to tell
Old 04-22-2019, 02:35 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes for Chris' sister Andy.

D
Old 04-22-2019, 03:14 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Andy, sending positive thoughts for Chris’ sister. I hope the visit with her aunt and uncle is healing for all

Itchy, those skywalks are scary! I was much more fearless when I was growing up. These days, not so much

PJ, you’ve got so much courage!

Have a good Monday to all.