View Single Post
Old 04-24-2019, 01:16 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Repeat share: Outpatients appt...saw one surgeon in main foyer- WHO showed the sales manager of the dressing company that makes the dressing which helped save my life- on describing who I was (with a tour of my arm) she looked awe struck. Then senior nurse checked- other nurse removed 20 sutures from donor site- inner thigh. Other surgeon looked, all happy. Top layer of skin has sloughed off- looks like raw mincemeat- that has been patted down with a fork. My down there area is very sore- very sore. Then assessment by OT for a new glove. The graft has taken well, and the 30 or so stitches have all dissolved now- no more reinforcing bandages (there- I PUT ONE ON HOME, TO PROTECT IT FROM BUMPING), SO THAT IS QUITE SORE AS WELL. and that was in caps and I am tired so staying in caps.... So tiring but good. Then visit to cuz- she gave me linen she had spare- as I do not have much. Then shopping- home, went to check mail and locked myself out. The spare I usually have hidden (and I mean hidden) outside was at a friend's place- who had it for checking my unit when I was in hosp. Went to unit management office not far away (had spare car keys on spare mail box key, with no house key) and got their spare-spare key, all good.

Interesting- my neighbor came out and correctly worked out I was locked out, then proceeded to settle into the rhythm one does when launching into a 'life lesson' story and what SHE does with her spare key.......really what I needed.

Long day, but very productive.