Notices

Class of February 2019 Support Thread Pt 3

Old 04-01-2019, 08:20 PM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Addy47 View Post
Hey Lipstuck! I totally understand about typing on your phone! I’m doing it right now & usually check in that way.

Congrats on 55 days! How are you feeling?
Hi Addy!
I'm doing pretty well, all things considered. I tackled sugar and flour at the same time as alcohol, so now that that mess has all detoxed, I have way more energy and fewer cravings. Still trying to keep up my guard, though! And taking measures to let my body heal (like from adrenal fatigue). Apparently I have rosacea now, but not drinking alcohol has way decreased flare ups. Anyone else miss being young and healthy?
How are you???
Old 04-01-2019, 08:33 PM
  # 262 (permalink)  
Duck Duck Goose!

Originally Posted by trudgingagain View Post
FG...the ONLY reason that I would fly first class is for the free alcohol

I had some miles left over that I needed to get rid of from an airline I am unlikely to use again, and they partner with American Airlines, so I used them - but the only flight available was first class. It’s not something I get to do often.
Old 04-02-2019, 02:26 PM
  # 263 (permalink)  

....enjoy, FG.

Just checking in, say hi.
Not much to report......tomorro is a decision day for our planning issue here. Just wont do the alco thing of drown the sorrows or celebrate the win.
Doubtful of a win, to be honest.

Maybe heading into a different phase of sober now. Bit used to it, bit complacent of what seems to be the new normal......but remind myself each day.....it isn't.

Have a good day ppl
Old 04-02-2019, 03:43 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  
Administrator

Still hoping you get a win canguy

D
Old 04-03-2019, 05:44 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Catching plane for business trip. No first class for me. But short flight so not a big deal. I don't know but my new medication might be working. I actually feel human!

I miss my youth and looks too. But what do ya do. Grow old gracefully I guess.

Hope everyone is doing well!
xoxo
Old 04-03-2019, 05:45 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Catching plane for business trip. No first class for me. But short flight so not a big deal. I don't know but my new medication might be working. I actually feel human!

I miss my youth and looks too. But what do ya do. Grow old gracefully I guess.

Hope everyone is doing well!
xoxo
Old 04-03-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Sorry. Double post. Phone fingers
Old 04-03-2019, 02:17 PM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Morning.

Planning issue decision day here. We have done all we can as a small community. I've certainly done way more than I could have done if drinking. Drinking, I'd have just been hiding in here, hating it. It has been a real exercise in going out and meeting completely new ppl.
Every cloud.......etc.

There will be drinks in the local cafe / bar if its a win. Haven't thought too much about that....I'd just skip it all maybe.

Ok.....hoping for a good day for all of us. One more sober....we just keep going.
Old 04-03-2019, 04:51 PM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Quiet, lazy day here, finally....maybe the calm before the (next) storm? LOL
Old 04-03-2019, 05:48 PM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Checking in on day 58. I haven’t checked in here in a few days because things have been busy and I’ve kinda been isolating. I’m not sure why but I have been feeling pretty down lately. And lonely. Ever feel lonely in a room full of people?

Anyway...my sleep is still screwed up too so I’m gonna try to sleep now. Have a nice evening everyone. Xo
Old 04-04-2019, 12:56 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  

We won.
A thumping win.

I'm stunned and relieved.
And sober. Its a bit weird.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:23 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad for you canguy
Celebrate in a good way

D
Old 04-04-2019, 06:49 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by canguy View Post
We won.
A thumping win.

I'm stunned and relieved.
And sober. Its a bit weird.
Git it git it, Canguy! Win all around!
Old 04-04-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Addy47 View Post
Hi everyone! Checking in on day 58. I haven’t checked in here in a few days because things have been busy and I’ve kinda been isolating. I’m not sure why but I have been feeling pretty down lately. And lonely. Ever feel lonely in a room full of people?

Anyway...my sleep is still screwed up too so I’m gonna try to sleep now. Have a nice evening everyone. Xo
Great job on 58! I hear you about the isolation thing. Sometimes I want human interaction but don't have the energy, or don't want to leave the house, or don't want to be around drinking (my friends are drinkers, but totally supportive of my not). You can feel lonely in a crowd of many, for sure. Although I sometimes prefer crowds, because i can be in the middle of something but still kind of be unseen and not interact. You might call me a highly functioning introvert.
Hope your spirits lift soon!
Old 04-04-2019, 08:01 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Congrats Canguy! I am still dealing with a case with a school district. Just realized that Spring Break starts on Monday for 2 weeks....sooooo I get to have my own implants started next week. Unfortunately, one of the teeth they will be pulling is my "eye tooth" , so I will benefit from the healing time enough so that I can wear a retainer with a tooth on it! Not looking forward to THAT.

Hooray for 58 days Lipstuck! Addy, my sleeping habits are also kinda weird...I tend to wake up at 2 am and 4 am, and often I am unable to continue to sleep, so I will just get up at 4 and start my day.

I kinda prefer isolating (with hubby)....we have been together 23 years; married for 21. I feel so lucky to have found my real soulmate!
Anyway, glad that all seem to be hangin' in there! Off to do more paperwork Have a great,sober day!
Old 04-05-2019, 12:02 PM
  # 276 (permalink)  

HEY! It's Friday afternoon on the US east coast, how is everyone feeling as we ease into the weekend? Next week will be 2 months sober for me, and I feel so much more space in my head. I can't get over it. Earlier this week I felt like I was on the brink of a sobriety growth spurt and this must be it. How are other folks feeling? I'm not expecting it to be clear sailing from here, but I feel so good about having a sponsor, doing my homework she assigns, showing up for meetings... I know not everyone is doing the program, but I personally am finding it very supportive and helpful.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry about the tooth news trudging, but the permanent plan is an implant yeah?

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 04-05-2019, 06:02 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Yes, the permanent plan is ia an implant....whenever...it takes months and months.....I had an absolutely horrific day yesterday and have kinda spent all day in bed watching tv with hubby. My younger daughter (the addict) called yesterday and has been given a 30-day notice. She is asking me for MORE $$$, wanting me to pay her BFs mom for rent. When I said "No More", she said things like "you will never see your grandchildren", an "F*** you, I hate you". Meanwhile I have this school District case going on, and as a result of the chaos my daughter caused yesterday, I completely blew off my responsibility on it....I feel terrible about that....but, still sober!
Old 04-05-2019, 08:55 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry about the stuff with your daughter trudging.

D
Old 04-06-2019, 02:48 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

That's hard Trudging.
You are doin very well not to reach for the drink.
Hang in there...