Class of May 2018 Part 4

Old 12-16-2018, 03:21 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi John

D
Old 12-17-2018, 02:45 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hi John yes I would rather have avoided the Christmas party that’s for sure! But as it was my partner’s work party I couldn’t really. It was a strong and timely reminder of why I’m not drinking!
Old 12-17-2018, 02:56 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

It's going to be a long week for me, as I will be spending most of my days in the office alone and potentially bored. This will be difficult unless I can come up with some creative things, and perhaps attending to some things I have put aside as less "fun" but getting them out of the way for the New Year. Idle time leaves my mind free to wander, and presently I prefer having a more structured routine in my life. It certainly could be worse, I'm grateful not to have to use vacation time off to get paid!
Old 12-18-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hey guys. Checking in to say hi. I was in the June group- but it kinda disappeared.
200 days in 2 days for me. It’s crazy, happy, annoying during the holidays, scary, powerful.. so many feelings.

ups and doend but doing good
Old 12-18-2018, 06:28 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Hello, Bumblebee, thanks for dropping in to hang out with us. There are a few of us that post here on a fairly regular basis and a few more that pop in less frequently. Crossing 200 days will be great! I know what you mean about the emotions being tough, especially at this time of year. I'm really a sunshine kind of person, so the winter-y months are a bit difficult on me. But, I'm getting through it all, as we all can.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:07 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi Bumblebee!
It’s sooo great to see you here!
How’re you going?
200 days is really awesome

Guener that’s a good idea to find things to do. I know what you mean about when your mind is idle. I try to keep busy too, both with fun things, and those things that we need to do but tend to keep putting off...

I’ve been through an airport bar and hotel bar and am about to go out for lunch with my partner’s boozy friends. I would rather not but we’re on holidays visiting his friends and family, and ‘tis the season and all that. To be honest, I still feel like crying quite often, whenever I think of Mum or Dad. Which is a lot. And especially in the lead up to Christmas, I’m missing them so much. This first Christmas is going to be hard. And I don’t really want to hang out with my partner’s heavy drinking friends and family, I’d rather be with my remaining family But I will get through it, I just have to not drink today.
Love and support to everyone ❤️
Old 12-18-2018, 05:00 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hi Bumblebee! It is so good to see you

Congrats on your almost 200 days! ❤️🙏🏼

(((Willow)))) for grieving and holiday parties with drinkers

Hi John 😊

Guener— yes it’s good to be busy, I was going to suggest a nap except you probably can’t do that at work. 😳😬. I found i burn the most calories just pinching in my buckle and just getting up and going to do that thing at home or at work that I just really have been putting off.

I think it will feel good if you can do that too, so great idea!

It’s been quite a tumultuous week for me emotionally . Broke up with ABF, lots of interviews in person and on phone. There’s a real nice possibility for me in western Colorado. The sunshine is there a lot . Small town, lots of nature. I also had a job offer last Thursday in Naples Florida as a Floor nurse—but that doesn’t pay as much does it cost to live there. I will know in the next 10 days if they will choose me for a manager.

My twins turned 18 yesterday, which is really an epic birthday. My ex husband, their father, came over last night — I am friends with him and we had a good visit all together as a family.

I had my face lasered it today for the broken capillaries around my nose that I acquired from heavy drinking. It will be about three weeks before I know the end result, but probably have to do it again. I was going to wait for my one year soberversary, but I just couldn’t wait. 😇

So I don’t know whether I should be packing my house or going through my closets because I don’t know what climate I’m going to live in.

But these are nothing like the troubles I had when I was actively drinking.

It seems strange to me, but I think some of these good things are happening because I quit drinking.……

Love to you all,

Day 204🎉🎊
Old 12-18-2018, 08:48 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Free that sounds lovely like you’ve been having a huge time of things! The job front sounds promising. Hope you’re holding up ok after splitting with the ABF. It sounds like it’s a good move, but can be pretty rugged. Sending you hugs of support
Old 12-18-2018, 09:51 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thanks willow. A few bursts of tears today, but doing ok under pressure.
Old 12-18-2018, 10:04 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Thanks willow. A few bursts of tears today, but doing ok under pressure.
I don’t know where the lovely came into my message Free, I didn’t check for autocorrect lol. I meant it sounds like you’re having a huge time, not necessarily lovely though!
Hang in there ❤️
Old 12-18-2018, 10:05 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Unless perhaps I was just calling you lovely
Old 12-18-2018, 11:01 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I can hardly keep up with all the things that are happening with you both, Willow and Free. There is a lot going on that could be challenging, and all I read about is the grace with which you two are handling things. I must say that I am impressed reading what unfolds on your fronts.

I'm feeling unwell tonight, physically, as I seem to have caught an upper respiratory bug that has me coughing non-stop and generally ill. I am going to try to tough it out at the office since there is almost nobody around to pass it along to, and I can just hang a sign on the door that says, "Warning, Plague Zone!" to warn away anyone.

Mentally, however, I am feeling strong. I found some things to do today, and I talked to my boss and was given some new responsibilities that I will enjoy for the future that will help to pass the time while things are slow and I am learning how to do the new things. My AV has been pretty quiet, maybe due in part to coming down with the bug, and I can live with that any day. Sunshine has returned to our weather for a few days, which really helps me stay on top of my moods.

Bumblebee, I look forward to reading more about your day to day experiences, as much as you care to post in your adoptive group of "Maysters".

All my best to everyone, indeed, and thank you for your contributions to my continued sobriety.
Old 12-18-2018, 11:44 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome bumblebee
hugs Willow and Free

D
Old 12-19-2018, 12:53 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!

Funny how I was trying to stay on the positive however, on Monday night, on my twins 18th birthday I got a collect call from a correctional facility in Minnesota i.e. a jail. So my eldest daughter with all of her problems is in jail.

It’s really tough because not only is she a drug addict, but she also has a brain injury from a horrific accident when she was 18.

Looks like I missed a collect call from her last night, which is OK. I believe the person who answered the phone at the jail Monday night said that she might be going to be extradited to DuLuth which is near Siberia… I mean Canada 😂

I told her on Monday night that it was the answer to my prayers that she was arrested in her car, with an open container of booze and an untold amount of drugs because she was living in her car, and whoring her self for money. So at least I know that she is safe, and she is getting food of some kind. I told her there are easier ways to detox and rehab instead of just going straight to jail 😍

Ugh

My mind is going 90 miles an hour with all of the choices and things that are happening, the loss of my ABF —— dysfunctional as that was… And my daughter homeless but temporarily incarcerated.

Willow, I prefer to think that you just wanted to call me “lovely“😍
I really never gave it a second thought.

Guener, I hope you feel better.

I’m very happy that the vice President of nursing are used to work with said the most lovely reference letter to the hiring director for the position in Naples Florida. I’m also happy with the way my third interview went on the telephone with the western Colorado hospital. I believe the Colorado hospital team wants me to fly out there next week to see it.

Can you guys just please tell me what to do so I don’t have to make the decisions?

Can I just live in New Mexico, or Australia please?
😬😳😊😍🧐🤔
Old 12-19-2018, 03:29 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

Free

I'm glad your daughter is safe.

The job - for me I'd follow my heart - but you have a family to consider so money will have to come into it too.

I have every confidence you'll make the right choice

D
Old 12-20-2018, 05:12 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Thinking about what happened to your daughter, Free, I am reminded of my own experiences.

I was jailed for a couple weeks for a DUI that occurred on April Fools Day back in 2015. It gave me some time to think about what was happening to me, and while I didn't immediately turn into a sober man, I did benefit from that time and experience. Having your rights stripped from you and being treated as a subhuman in jail is humbling.

I also was homeless for the good part of a year, voluntarily at first and also by being kicked out by my partner in the end. It was tough on me but I found in my character some new strengths that have served me well in staying my course today. During that time I was also compelled to be sober, and I spent many hours in AA meetings learning from other alcoholics, though I'm not an AA member today.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:05 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Thanks Guener—that’s really deep, and I recognize the vulnerability in sharing.

I posted this elsewhere, thought I’d share here too———————-

Today was much more manageable. I did cry a few times but those two or three times that I did cry were very limited and I was able to keep my composure or regain it fairly quickly.

I think allowing myself to feel such deep sad emotions without self anesthetizing with booze was a very amazing yet very horrific experience .

I begin my morning with several things to do, choosing where to find a place to get my daughters oil leaking BMWs oil changed, to calling the prison in Minnesota and finding out about my daughter. Her public mug shot was terrible. That’s what a few months of homelessness does to you, along with drinking and drugging.

I worked at figuring out what part of everything was “mine“, and also only tackling a few tasks at a time. Thank you very much it was great advice. I did not dive into the river and drown today.🏊🏼*♀️😬

After calling several people at the prison and trying to figure out things, I was able to talk to her probation officer about the fact that she needs to be in a place that promotes mental health or in a Traumatic brain injury facility—not on the streets with 5°F temperatures and not in a prison where she will probably die .😰

My son is having a get together with a bunch of friends downstairs, and him being on the “spectrum“ makes it that much more special. He went from not talking at all as a young child to stuttering terribly to hardly ever talking to anyone and now he’s very social. Very blessed . He is proud to be here in my home.😀

His twin sister is adorable, mature, and sensitive. She is absolutely wonderful as well.😇

I have been trespassed against. I have allowed it. 😳😶And I think reciting the Lords prayer is on my agenda for tonight because that is a very good idea to say every day, I agree. 🙏🏼

A person from my past—re-entered Into my life—— “a safe person“ told me that I am a wonderful person and that the people I need to surround myself with should also treat me that way.

And I just want to thank everyone here for treating me that way .

I am grateful for all of you.

Posting here with my friends in front of the fire. I am so blessed
Old 12-21-2018, 10:22 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hello Free

Sorry to hear about your daughter. I was a heavy drug user and drinker for many years with lots of crime but thankfully no prison and things can be turned around with the right help and support so please don't give up hope. For your daughter prison seems like it could be a cloud with a silver lining.

A quick reply as I've just woken up, it's 6.20am and a chilly morning here. Your fire looks very cosy!

Best wishes,

John
Old 12-21-2018, 10:44 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hi everyone
Free you are lovely 😍 if you do come to Australia, come and say hi in north QLD It’s so good that you have options! I’m really glad your daughter is safe ❤️❤️❤️
Guener and John, I’m really lucky I didn’t get charged with drink driving many times. I don’t know how I wasn’t caught. I’m also very lucky to have escaped unscathed from crashing my car into a tree .... and I thought I was fine to drive... I had no clue about the danger I put not only myself in, but others on the road... no more.
Lots of people drinking around me on this holiday, but I will not drink.

Stay strong everyone, I know this is a tricky time of year, but together we can do this. You guys are my rocks. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart ❤️❤️❤️
Old 12-21-2018, 11:09 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

What you have been going through, Free, is heart-wrenching and touching.

Talking to your daughter's PO was a good idea, and I'm hopeful that your input will be taken to heart in how she is treated by the justice system in the aftermath of what has happened.

I saw your post about a day of crisis and I wasn't able to compose a suitable response, I'm sorry. Usually I would have something to say to somebody in a state of uncertainty, but I was so fearful of writing something unhelpful or inopportune that I was paralyzed. Thankfully, the rest of the community was rallying around you, and I was satisfied to know that you were probably receiving the input you needed.

I have had swirling thoughts myself lately, not of drinking, just some mental disarray.

I fell asleep early after work today feeling sick but woke up much improved, so I'm hoping that I've reached the breaking point in this chest cold.

Did everyone see Willow's update of walking the beach in the rain? What a lovely thing to do and a great image of tranquility. It reminded me of this image that is the phone background I have. I miss the beach, even the stormy times.