Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 4

Old 12-22-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Thanks John Willow Guener and Dee and Solly😍

Doing OK today. I’m really grateful for your stories. I’m trying not to think about my daughter. When she called me collect on Monday I told her it was a blessing that she is safe and to consider this yet another chance to move in the right direction. It is just a lot harder for someone who ended up having Jell-O for a brain after a car accident. Her IQ is that a bout of a 12-year-old along with her emotional intelligence is it about that stage.

On the brighter side, or on the Darkside ——- however you think about it… I had a drinking dream last night.

In the period between my dream and totally waking up, I tasted the stale alcohol in my mouth. I wondered how I would tell all of you in May class that I drank.

Alas!! A dream. A FREAKIN’ DREAM!!,

Thank the Lord.

Amen
Old 12-23-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Phew, I've been having a tough day today, and if I wasn't on SR I might have given in to the AV telling me it would be okay to buy a six-pack and pick up again. I think the holidays drive me a little nutty, but oddly enough going out into the chaos of it all to pick up some things from the store calmed me down. There were a lot of people under stress in their last minute gift shopping strife, and I just needed to get some cough syrup, and white beans to make soup. I self-checked out and was on my way, more at ease for getting out of the house and NOT even thinking about buying any booze. Small victories.
Old 12-23-2018, 03:50 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keep the faith Guener

Happy Holidays all

D
Old 12-24-2018, 02:55 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh Free that must be so hard for you with your daughter. Sending you lots of love and support ❤️

Guener, I adore that picture, thank you for sharing ❤️ I hope you find some peace from your mental disarray.

It’s Christmas morning here and it’s the first without Mum and Dad which is a bit raw. I went to church this morning. I’m not usually a churchgoer but I wanted to go for Mum and Dad and to feel closer to them in Heaven ❤️ I cried most of the way through the service, but feel a bit more settled now.

Everyone is drinking champagne now and I’m having grape juice
stay strong everyone
Old 12-24-2018, 03:19 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Sending you both a huge xmas hug from across the ocean Willow and Free x

We've all had half a year of ups and down and sometimes sideswipes but we have stood firm are all still sober despite it all. I am proud to have two such strong and inspirational women in my class. xx
Old 12-24-2018, 04:24 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Administrator

Merry Christmas gang

D
Old 12-24-2018, 10:42 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
Sending you both a huge xmas hug from across the ocean Willow and Free x

We've all had half a year of ups and down and sometimes sideswipes but we have stood firm are all still sober despite it all. I am proud to have two such strong and inspirational women in my class. xx
thanks Manta, so proud to have you in our class too. Hugs back across the pond

Old 12-25-2018, 04:07 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Merry Christmas gang

D
Merry Christmas, Dee!

Thanks for everything and I wish you all the best for the coming year
Old 12-25-2018, 04:11 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas everyone!

May the New Year bring health and happiness to all
Old 12-25-2018, 07:39 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas SR family!

It is really tough for me this year. Has been for 36 years ever since my brother took his life 36 years ago Christmas Eve.

My awareness that Christmas can be very difficult for many people for many different reasons helps me to understand and reach out to so many people whose affect is not ‘cheery’ on Christmas.

I appreciate all of my blessings and choose to make myself stronger through my tribulations instead of having a pity party.

Old 12-25-2018, 04:02 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope everyone had a good day

D
Old 12-25-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yes Dee

Very emotional. Could not give my kids what they wanted for Christmas, but I did get them some things that they needed.

Felt a few weak moments where I wanted to text my ABF, but posted on SR and was helped not to do that.

I took a walk in the freezing cold and I cleaned out my pantry of some expired things. So I was doing that literally and I’m trying to think of the end of my relationship the same way..... somethings are just too far gone to save.

But really. Some stuff expired in 2014.

That means I moved expired stuff from my other house to this one 😳😂

I found I have lots of food that is still good and I need to start eating it instead of buying more. Tonight I made some Pastina pasta with chicken bone broth and some mixed vegetables for dinner.

I pulled out some frozen “I don’t know what the heck it is” meat on my counter so I can give it to the animals tomorrow outside in my woods.
Old 12-25-2018, 09:11 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, it’s Boxing Day here now. I hope everyone made it through Christmas unscathed. My partner and his family drank solidly from 10.30am when they got up nursing hangovers from Christmas Eve the night before, through till 2.30am. It was 10.30pm when I went to bed. In the past that would have been me too staying up till the grog ran out. They were still going strong when I managed to escape to bed. I ate far too much food and drank sugary soft drink which overloaded my system with sugar, but I didn’t drink, which is the most important thing for me at the moment. I think I have a sugar hangover, but it beats an alcohol hangover that would lead me straight back into the drink/hangover/drink cycle. Thank God I didn’t go there. Going to church in the morning for the Christmas service really helped me get through the day yesterday. We did some sightseeing this morning which was great. They’re all hooking back into the alcohol again now. Christmas was ok and I survived, but it was not what I’d call a happy Christmas. Next year will be easier I’m sure. I’m quite glad we’re leaving tomorrow...
Old 12-26-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Hello, all. So, the Christmas holiday has past here, as we don't have any Boxing Day continuation of traditions, and I've come through fine. I spent the night out with my parents, and we had traditional New Mexico tamales on Christmas Eve and cooked a meal yesterday. Some sparkling apple-pear juice to toast with was just fine.

We were supposed to get some snow last night, but that hasn't come to pass. It's just gloomy outside. My feelings are also somewhat on the down side, but that's not unusual for me over these days. I will have to switch to movie watching or something as compared to being outside today. Sunshine does appear in the days coming.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:59 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Guener,

The lack of sunshine adversely affects me also .

This is also why I must move to a place with more sunshine.

I hope you can find something that was your spirits and I will be sending you positive thoughts.

Kudos to all of us in our May class for moving forward and getting past this Christmas unscathed.
Old 12-26-2018, 11:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
Merry Christmas SR family!

It is really tough for me this year. Has been for 36 years ever since my brother took his life 36 years ago Christmas Eve.

My awareness that Christmas can be very difficult for many people for many different reasons helps me to understand and reach out to so many people whose affect is not ‘cheery’ on Christmas.

I appreciate all of my blessings and choose to make myself stronger through my tribulations instead of having a pity party.

((((Free)))) sending you a huge hug across the globe
❤️
Old 12-27-2018, 12:52 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

It's the middle of the night, and I'm having one of those calm wake-up periods where things seem like it's all going to work out fine in the days ahead. There's a week to go before I return to regular routines, but I am feeling a little more reassured that I'm going to get past this time of having to process all of my thoughts all day long without worry of letting it overwhelm me. Constant anxiety isn't a good companion during the holidays, but I'm coping with it okay with SR and some grit.
Old 12-27-2018, 08:38 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Checking in

Having some periods of tears, I am playing “break up music“ on my Sonos . It’s good to work through it.

Trying to have faith and intelligence moving forward getting out of my house poor situation .

Trying to have faith and intelligence and not leading with my heart.

Forcing, and I mean forcing myself to move forward and get something productive done today.

My ex-husband is coming over for late lunch—we are still friends and we are going to talk about how we can best help my oldest daughter. We are all going to go up there on New Year’s eve and see her and present to her some things that we might have discovered as options for her.

Thanks for being here😍🙏🏼
Old 12-27-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

https://youtu.be/ap-Xvb7KRrc

If your going to do break up songs to get it all out of your system this is a belter! Especially if you have suffered like the singer with alcoholism and addictions to bad relationships. xx
Old 12-27-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

We’re with you Free You’re doing great! Sometimes you just have to hang in there by the skin of your teeth through the difficult times (I wonder where that saying came from), knowing that you’re doing the right thing for your future, even though it hurts like hell at the time. Breakups are so tough, but you know that things will get so much better because of it. I’m so glad you and your ex husband can work together to help your daughter ❤️
Sending you lots of love and support