Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 4

Old 01-04-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Do you guys mind if I pop in from time to time?

While I'm a newbie again, starting week 2 today, I started my first real run at sobriety at 330 pm EDT on May 31st last year. I see a few old friends in Willow and Bumblebee popping in here and owe them both a great deal of gratitude for being so supportive in the June group last year. Made it 2 1/2 months before faltering.

As of right now, I am very much at peace with my decision to remain sober. It feels notably different than the "determined" feeling I had back in April/May on into the June/July/August as I truly started this process. While moments of "peace" mixed in at times, it feel quite different now. I am taking that as a big positive.

Anyway. I wish you all well in 2019.

Wolfie

ps...was/is BTDL (hope I got the letters ordered correctly ) part of the May group? It was his no nonsense attitude that really brought me to the conclusion that "enough was enough". I don't see his name around in recent posts. If you're out there BTDL, thank you and hope you are well.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I think the doors here are always open, Wolfie. I joined SR and this group late, and I love the people in it. The song "Someone's Knockin' at the Door" comes to my mind.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!!!

Good to see new and returning peeps😍

It’s been quite a tumultuous week for me, had a whole day of interviews in Colorado. I got the job offer today!

Also got the job offer in Naples. 😳

Here are some pics from COLORADO

I took a hike and a drive

[
Old 01-04-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  

A few months ago I reached out to several members from the aMAYzing class, and sent pm to BDTL

I did not hear back from him and I researched his posts and he said he was leaving the site because one of his responses was censored/removed .

That’s a bummer.

I’ve posted stuff here and been censored, not for rudeness but for not following rules (that I was unaware of).

The admins here do a GREAT job of monitoring our gazillion posts and really try to adhere to policies that serve us all well.

So just sayin’. If it happens to you, learn from it and
KEEP READING AND KEEP POSTING 😍

The people here in this class and throughout SR have helped me to save my life.

Thank you all.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:53 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

An update about my daughter:

While I was high up on a mountain today, taking in all of the splendor being fully present… My phone actually rang!

It was a person who coordinates chemical dependency treatment for inmates. And she had spoken to my daughter a couple days ago and received a letter of permission to speak to me about her matters.

Bottom line is the state will pay for her inpatient treatment up to a year.

I cried with joy as I feel the universe is providing wonderful gifts.

So despite the gallons of tears this week, the wondering if I’m losing my mind —I believe all of this is meant to be

Blessings!
Old 01-04-2019, 09:00 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Well, Free, these are absolutely great things to hear from you!

It's not easy to choose between job offers, sometimes, but it's great to have those choices available to you.

What a profound sense of relief for you, and for us here, too, to know that your daughter has an opportunity of long term assistance and care to deal with everything that she has been through. And that you have been a part of, as well.

I can only imagine how you feel ...
Old 01-04-2019, 09:06 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Thanks Guener

Excited about job(s)
Scared about jobs

So thankful my daughter will go straight to treatment.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:47 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad Free

D
Old 01-05-2019, 04:25 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Hi Wolfie! It’s awesome to see you here again welcome back!

Fantastic news about your daughter Free, you must be so relieved! ❤️
Beautiful photos too

I had one of my posts changed too, because I accidentally said something that might offend some people. I hadn’t seen any posts from BDTL for a while either, it’s sad that he felt he had to leave.

I hope you’re all going well in the New Year
Old 01-05-2019, 04:48 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've had things removed too
I hope BDTL is doing well

D
Old 01-05-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  

You too Dee?
Old 01-05-2019, 06:51 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Administrator

yep - as a member way back and even as a mod if the mod of whatever forum it is decides to go a different way with a thread

I think SR would be less effective without the rules, so I work within them - no biggie
Old 01-06-2019, 03:24 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

All of you are great!!

Just checking in folks!

Awake before my alarm clock it is snowing out and I have to go to the airport. I’m going to pack my things and grab some coffee and see how that works about getting paid to delay my flight.

Doesn’t sound like a bad idea to me .

In Colorado almost everyone that I have met is very health-conscious and exercises.

Yesterday I saw a couple must’ve been in their upper 70s going up a mountain trail and the gentleman had a two-year-old in a pack on his back. 😊

I’m feeling more comfortable letting go of all of my physical possessions to move here. The relief I feel of getting out of a job that is killing me on the inside and out of the house that is killing me financially is starting to creep in .

Have a peaceful day everyone!!!

If it’s not—then my wish is that your AV gets squashed rather quickly if stress should call its name😍
Old 01-06-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Wow, Free, I wish I was on your flight with you to just chat away for a while.

I'm having my very early coffee this morning, too, and the cats keep trying to get up on the computer, so it's calm with a bit of intermittent real feline F2F time.

If you've decided that CO is indeed the place for you, that's great! I lived in Boulder for a short while, and I also noticed that the people there are very much into their outdoors. Who wouldn't be, when it's very beautiful there?

It's raining in the dark now and will continue throughout the day that way, so I'm going to pick up a book for the first time in ages. I used to read a lot, but I lost that when I was working crazy hours and drinking away the rest. The cats may convince me to nap with them, too, LOL.

I'm feeling pretty good these past few days, and I'm glad that you seem to be, too.
Old 01-06-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

That’s great Guener!!

Good morning. So I’ve checked in. I have to wait and see until all board the flight. If I get delayed, could be about $100/hour. What a blessing, eh?

I’m sending positive thoughts your way for extra income. We can do anything for a few hours, right?

I eat rice and beans a lot. TV and other media try to sell us what to buy and convince us what we need. It’s not much when you get down to it.

I never thought I’d count it as a need, but I def need internet to stay connected to SR😍
Old 01-06-2019, 05:22 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I am so chuffed that the universe is delivering some positivity and relief for you Free! Great news about your daughter and your decision on moving. It’s really a blessing and perfect timing for you xx
Old 01-06-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement Manta!
Old 01-06-2019, 08:50 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Update

Got on original flight.

The one is was going to get paid to take is now cancelled due to severe weather🙀
Old 01-06-2019, 04:31 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

That’s so fantastic Free, I’m so glad you’re feeling lighter about your life and future ❤️
I agree with Guener, I’d love to be on the plane too and chat

I’m heading home today after 3 weeks travelling and camping. I’m really looking forward to getting home and my own comfy bed!
Old 01-06-2019, 06:45 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Good willow

That’s a LONG time not being in your own bed and being around people who are drinking a lot.

You weathered the storm of that with flying colors!

Just think if you do this annually how much more comfortable you will be.

I’m finally home, I had a dinner meeting with my ex-husband and my 2:18-year-olds. They all support me moving if that is what I wish. All of us don’t deny that it is very stressful, but it’s probably necessary given my job situation in my local area.

Anyone have any opinions if I should sell all of my furniture and start new? It is very expensive to move things across the mountain range. On the other hand there are many shops in the little town I will be living.

What have my classmates done when you have moved?