SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2018 Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/434650-class-may-2018-part-4-a.html)

Dee74 12-08-2018 07:46 PM

Class of May 2018 Part 4

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-3-a-20.html
D

Willow00 12-08-2018 08:25 PM

Thanks for the new thread Dee :)

The AV was still yabbering away at me to have a “lovely glass of red” even after my walk in the rain, some cake and a frozen raspberry iceblock from home, so I went to the local shop and bought a “proper” icecream, my favourite, a Golden Gaytime. Yum!
That’s definitely dampened down the drink cravings thank goodness. There’s nothing “lovely” about the subsequent hangover that would result from that not so “lovely” (ie poisonous) glass of red. Take that AV! :a043:

Free2bme888 12-08-2018 08:48 PM

AV signals.....

Wello, it also happened to me at dinner. My sister has so much booze at her house and her and her husband is drink a bottle of wine with dinner. At least they’re adult young daughter drink water with me. But that’s what he said oh come on you can just relax while you’re here it might help you think clearly. What a bunch of BS!

The last thing either one of us need right now in our emotional states is to start drinking again ....

love and hugs!!!!

Willow00 12-08-2018 09:15 PM

Exactly! Make you think clearly... what bollocks.
Hugs back Free ❤️

Free2bme888 12-09-2018 05:35 AM

Waking up glad didn’t listen to AV

HOW YA Doin Willow?

Willow00 12-09-2018 01:03 PM

Hey Free :wavey:
7am Monday here, also waking up glad I didn’t give in to the AV :)
Although I did eat WAY too much sugar...So today I’m going to attempt to be sugar-free....
I won’t beat myself up over the sugar though, I find weekends really tough and the AV gets persistent and sneaky. So if I have to resort to sugar to keep it at bay on weekends then so be it I reckon. Better than the alternative and being jumped by the grizzly AV bear! :scared:

Willow00 12-09-2018 01:04 PM

And well done Free on staying strong in spite of all that temptation at your sister’s place! You’re doing so great! :)

Guener 12-10-2018 03:48 AM

Good morning, day, or evening to all of the Maysters in recovery! Willow, I still have trouble tracking what day/date you are on, being across the international dateline and all. No matter where and when you find yourself now, I'm here with you all the time.

It has been a tumultuous week for some, and I hope that we all find a bit of calm in these days ahead.

Free2bme888 12-10-2018 04:16 AM

Guener, she is 12 hours ahead of you, you are one hour behind me, and she’s 13 hours ahead of me.

So right now it’s 0714 am Monday here, it’s 2014 Monday for her.

Glad we are all here for each other

It would help to keep me glued together for sure

Willow00 12-10-2018 12:42 PM

Hi Guener and Free :)
yep I’m 10 hours ahead of the time it says on SR when I post :)
It’s almost 6.45am on Tuesday now.

I hope you guys have a good sleep because I’m calculating that it’s Monday night for you guys :)
I just got up and made coffee :)

I like the idea that we’re helping each other stay glued together Free ❤️

Willow00 12-10-2018 12:45 PM

Although from your post Free, I’m figuring you’re 3 and 2 hours behind the SR time? Which makes it more like 5pm and 6pm Monday evening which is more like dinner time than bedtime
Have a nice evening! :)
Although I just realised that the SR posting times don’t go in chronological order of the posts, so perhaps they vary in different countries.... but mine comes up as that I’m posting at 8.45pm yesterday when I’m actually posting now at 6.45am today. It’s always 10 hours behind my actual time here :)

John65 12-10-2018 02:02 PM

Hi Willow :wavey: (Hello to everyone else too!) :)

If you go to 'Customize Profile' and then 'Edit Options' on the menu to left you'll then be able to scroll down and change the time to your local time.

Dee74 12-10-2018 03:20 PM

Yeah I'm set to Qld time GMT +10 :)

D

Willow00 12-10-2018 04:26 PM

Hi John and Dee :wavey:
I might need a computer to do that, I can’t seem to do a lot except post on my phone :)

Dee74 12-10-2018 04:34 PM

yeah I can;t navigate by my phone - easier in desktop mode through a browser tho :)

D

Guener 12-10-2018 06:05 PM

The May people are in a time warp, LOL.

I think I'm starting to feel a little bit more settled after a few days of struggling with my depressive side. It's kind of like being mentally sea-sick and the first step on the dock helps you feel oriented again. Anyway, I hope it continues this way.

I'm concerned about my parents in their advanced age not being able to safely take care of themselves in the not too distant future. My mother ran over a curb with their car because her vision isn't good, and the radiator got cracked. Dad's not eating enough or drinking water like he should, and his traumatic brain injury from last year leaves him with memory and communication issues. I wish they would move into town from the forest area where they live about an hour away, but they are set against that for now.

Willow00 12-10-2018 11:22 PM

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit more settled now Guener. I can totally relate to you being worried about your parents. As mine got older I was constantly worrying about them. I guess it’s important for them to feel that they’re maintaining their independence for as long as they can, although it’s hard for us when we worry about them. Being there for them as support however we can is important. Sending you support from across the water ❤️

Willow00 12-11-2018 07:23 PM

Wednesday hump day.... the Christmas drinks invitations for this weekend have started and I’m steering clear....
except my partner’s work Christmas party, can’t get out of that one :scared:

Guener 12-11-2018 10:30 PM

Willow, I think I would be steering clear as much as feasible, too, good work on having your head on straight. Getting through the work party may be a bit easier than other events, as it's a little more removed from immediate family and friends, maybe, than other situations you can find yourself facing. At least it would be for me: I don't need to project onto you, what you may be feeling! We look forward to hearing how you are doing and support you 110%.

I decided not to push any of my thoughts on my parents' making choices right now re: moving from where they are happy presently. They are adults, deserving of their independence and can face any challenges for the future with the dignity and respect that they deserve in making those choices. I just worry, of course, and I'll be here if they need more help in the future.

My week is moving along pretty quickly and smoothly in contrast to the last, and I'm calm in where I stand. :SteprobL:

Willow00 12-12-2018 02:17 PM

Hi Guener, I think your parents will be happy just to have your support and love, and get to spend time with you, while maintaining their independence as much as they can. Are there services that can potentially visit them if they need extra help? My Mum and Dad had support people come to the house to help with things like house cleaning (early on) then more nursing orientated care as Dad got sicker. It meant they were able to stay at home which was so important to both of them.

The work party will be a challenge as it’s very boozy each year (all alcohol supplied, LOTS of it) and my partner had a room booked in the hotel for the night. Ahhh previously that would have been the perfect recipe to get blotto, but I’m going to let myself off the healthy food plan for the night, and just eat lots of yummy food and reward myself with extra helpings of dessert instead of alcohol!!! So I will be stuffed full of food, not alcohol. That might not be a very healthy plan, but it sure beats drinking....
because I’m NOT going to blow it right after I reach 7 months sober this Friday! (Tomorrow) :)