Notices

Class of May 2018 Part 4

Old 12-28-2018, 12:07 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I am heartened, free, both by how you are addressing your sadness and in what you are contemplating for your daughter. It's so much better to be going through it sober and to be able to deal with the feelings in a responsible way, I'm sure. Keep up your emotional and physical strength as you continue.
Old 12-28-2018, 11:51 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Seven months ✔️
Old 12-29-2018, 12:35 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 7 months Free!!!
Old 12-29-2018, 01:07 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on seven months Free

D
Old 12-29-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

It's always great to celebrate another month of freedom, Free! You've been through quite a lot this past 30 days besides not drinking. Sober living isn't easy street for us, but it's the right way to keep going.
Old 12-29-2018, 11:52 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hi Mayers, it’s Dec 30 here and my partner just picked up his supplies for NYE. A carton of beer and a box of whiskey. Interestingly I don’t feel tempted to drink, but I just don’t feel like being part of the festivities at all. A bit hard to avoid though when you’re camping out with a whole bunch of people hell bent on getting blotto
I have some nonalcoholic drinks and may beg off early with a “headache” just because I don’t feel like explaining to a bunch of semi strangers that I’m newly sober and still grieving for my Mum and Dad who I only lost recently and am still struggling to get through each day without crying half the day. So I don’t think I’m going to be the life of the party somehow...
Stay safe and sober this New Years everyone
Old 12-29-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

Theres nothing wrong in a NYE of quiet contemplation Willow - tho I'm sorry you'll be surrounded by drinkers...

Last edited by Dee74; 12-30-2018 at 01:36 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:15 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I can sense the fatigue in your voice, Willow, that you are ready for some normalcy in your days following the routines of holidays that may not feel like your own this year. I will be glad when January 2nd rolls around, and the rest of the world settles in to its obligations once more. Hang tight to your path, let us all do so, and celebrate a beginning of a truly new year ahead.
Old 12-30-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi willow Dee and guener!

Posting lots elsewhere , and see you both out there, but it’s good to post at ‘home’ with my peeps too.

Seems special safety here.

Love you all!!

Prayers for peace, sobriety and optimism as we become stronger and better people to ourselves and the world we experience.

🙏🏼❤️😍
Old 12-30-2018, 11:20 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

I am tired Guener. It’s 8pm on New Years Eve here where I am at the moment. I am surrounded by people getting progressively more drunk, and I have hours before I can reasonably excuse myself and escape. I really don’t want to be around anyone but am doing it for my partner’s sake, for politeness while visiting his family and friends on this trip. It’s a challenge to engage so constantly with people I barely know, day after day after day, a different set of faces every couple of days, drinking, drinking, drinking. I really just want to go home and hide out on my own for a bit 1 week to go and I can..... January 2nd people will go back to normalcy. And I will be home next weekend so I can too.
Thanks for the pep talk Guener, I will hold strong to my path. Same to you too, I hope the New Year brings good things in your life. I’m hopeful for a better year in 2019.

Thanks Dee, quiet contemplation is definitely what I’d prefer. I have just snuck away for a little while to have time out and post here. I really find tremendous support here on SR.

Free, I’m thinking of you and hoping your daughter has better days ahead. You have been as much support for her as you can, you’re doing wonderfully well and I admire your strength and generosity. You need to look after your own self too. I’ve been meaning to ask how your nexk is going?

To all of you aMAYzing people in the class of May 2018, I hope 2019 brings great things ❤️ Happy New Year!
You guys are my rocks
Old 12-31-2018, 12:12 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

As I begin the last 24 hours of 2018, I find that I am leaving behind a year that has been difficult and rewarding, both.

My tendency toward anxiety, though much improved since I have been actively working against it, still leaves me with a sense of unease this morning. I know what I will be doing today and tomorrow, and I have to be content in knowing that the future will unfold as it will with my behaviors paving the next steps in front of me. At this stage, though, it's a little bit like coming across newly laid sidewalk and wondering if your foot is going to press into the mix or land firmly upon it.

I take heart daily in coming to SR and learning to be stronger in my changing life.
Old 12-31-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Good morning last day of 2018

Guener, you stole the words right out of my mouth. Prayers for peace and positivity for all of us.

(((((Willow)))))

I can’t imagine your suffering. I hope this post finds you survived with as little angst as possible.

On my way with ex husband and youngest daughter
Old 12-31-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Happy New Year! I made it to 2019 and am so relieved it’s not funny. An invisible weight has lifted off my shoulders. I still feel sad for missing my Mum and Dad, but am relieved 2018 is behind me, and I can start a new chapter. This is the first New Years Day that I haven’t been hungover in more than 30 years!
I am grateful to wake up sober, fresh and healthy. Let 2019 be a good year.
Love to you all ❤️
Old 12-31-2018, 04:40 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Administrator

A good sentiment Willow

D
Old 01-01-2019, 05:18 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Happy new year!!! First sober New Year’s eve in 20 years. Made cookies with my daughters and hubby, had a dance party and played two new board games. Awoke at midnight to the noise of fireworks, and told my husband ‘happy New Years.’

Different story then- drank a bottle of champagne by myself and puked... which is also a true and sad story.

Over 200 days, 7 months... I can now say, I haven’t drank this year.

Here’s to a new book. Page 1 of 365.

Glad to see you guys stayed strong through the holidays. Have a happy, safe and sober new year!!
Old 01-01-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Kind of a late check-in for the New Year's Day, I was enjoying time out at my parents and just got back home to my cats.

It's the first day of 2019 to continue not drinking, what a relief. Too much rich food for me over the holiday but I can just relax and eat better for the next few days to feel more normal. It's supposed to snow for the afternoon and in to the next day, which will be a pretty sight to see (until it starts to melt again, LOL).

I wish you all a new year of interesting times, joys, relief in the harder times, and wellness each coming day.
Old 01-01-2019, 09:59 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

This has been my first sober Christmas and New years holiday in years. I am amazed and excited how much better it gets. I feel like I am getting a chance to start my life all over gain. This is what it feels like to be 100% present and engaged.
I spend a lot of time here and I will continue to do so.
Happy New year everyone!
Old 01-01-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Administrator

congratulations to you all

D
Old 01-03-2019, 12:10 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

New Years Day we left the crowds and went off to camp in the bush beside a lovely flowing stream in the middle of nowhere. Nobody around anywhere. Oh what nourishment for my soul. I had time to sit beside the stream, listen to the water flowing over rocks, the birds chirping in the trees and bushes, feel the breeze on my face and watch the swaying leaves and wildflowers in the breeze. It was a beautiful reset to my system. We’re back in society again now but I had a reprieve, and it was a beautiful chance to recharge my batteries and remind me of what’s important to me, some quiet time in nature really soothes my soul, and when we get home, I’m going to re-jig things in my life to ensure that I can make time for quiet contemplation in nature in my life every day.
Old 01-03-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Nature does have a wonderful healing effect, Willow, and I'm happy that it touched you so.

I returned to work today, and though it was so quiet as to be boring I felt some relief to be back into a bit of my old routine.

There's been a lot going on in other peoples' lives that I'm glad to not being going through right now, when I read SR posts.

I have some worries about finances for the near future, I'll have to tighten up my budgets.

So, the new year is off to a start of things getting done and things to be done, just as it is true for everybody.