View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 05:24 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  
Daisybelle

Good evening Aprils
Well it's gone midnight here in the U.K so it is officially Christmas day, so a very happy, sober Christmas to you all and a massive thank you for being part of my journey and for your ongoing support and kind words.
I've had a lovely Christmas Eve, in the afternoon I went to a Christingle service at our Parish Church with my mum and my g.son, we met my daughter, s.i.l and other two grand children there, plus my daughter's mother in law, who is my best friend and her mum. The church is amazing in itself, it dates back to 1354 and the architecture is spectacular. The service was fabulous, the vicar got all the children involved, sort of in pantomime fashion and afterwards they were all given a Christingle orange with a candle in the middle and the adults were given a candle, the candles are then lit and the church lights turned off, the church was full to the rafters so it looked amazing, I felt quite emotional.
After the service we all went back to my daughter's m.i.l's for a party, her m.i.l doesn't drink, so we both had tea and I had a really good time.
Then I took my g.son to his daddy who he's staying with tonight, but I'm picking him up tomorrow and bringing him back for Christmas dinner etc.

Bluesey, the weekend has flown by, I don't know where it went.
You did yourself proud with the way you handled those texts from that handsome chap, you don't need to sell yourself short, you're worth so much more. Regarding how you were explaining to him how much fun you are etc without drink, I noticed that I was doing that a lot with people, giving lengthy explanations of how I don't need to drink to have fun. I've given myself a good talking to and told myself that I am not obliged to explain myself. All they need to know is that I don't drink.

Suze, I hope you have a lovely day and I hope you get chance to check in. xx

Erratic, I thought of you this evening, we were watching some old comedies on the t.v. the Royle family Christmas and then Father Ted, really made me laugh. xx

Viper, have a great day.

Kelley, I hope you have a drama free, relaxed Christmas day.

Dee, happy Christmas to you and thanks for all you do.

I'm going to bed now, so good night and sleep well. Much love to you all xxx

[IMG]

[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Pics of the church. xxx