Notices

Class of October 2018 Part 1

Old 10-06-2018, 05:35 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good morning/good day,

A dreary morning in PA, but feeling positive and no negative side effects which is a testament to my current sobriety. Hey, I've only been at this for 7 years, but it's a tough culture to live with this disease. I've put many months together ever year since, but the pitfalls seem to negate that.

I hope our Octsober class had a nice Friday and are hanging strong.......Thinking about everyone!

Keep the energy strong!
Old 10-06-2018, 05:40 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Morning, all! Hope it's a good strong day.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:04 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Morning everyone

Sun is shining and the lake I'm looking at is lovely

Have a great sober day
Old 10-06-2018, 07:56 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Day 12. Woke up at 7:30am. Raining but happy to wake up in daylight for once after a week of waking up in darkness at 6am. Went to a 9am AA meeting. Good start to the weekend.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:39 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hi class
Day 4
Just off out on a night shift. Have a lovely sober evening/day
Old 10-06-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wood4trees2018 View Post
Good Morning Classmates Day 19. I’m not counting honest....

I am a night person but have suddenly become a morning person am tired in the evenings and am now waking up fresh and early. Had a walk at 5am whilst most of my world slept it was lovely and now just having a read through SR and the updates from all the October Team, we’re doing well Friday the 5th now the challenge of the weekend.

Justin, good luck with Day 1. Let us know how you feel when you see day 2. Day 1 is the worst I did not move off the sofa all day barely had any fluids, 0 food and little sleep. Gradually all of those improved.

Pinky how did day 2 go? As I mentioned to Justin for me it gradually got easier through week 1 but was a struggle at time. You've made a positive decision and stopped drinking now is time for a better life. It can only help with saving your marriage are you talking to your husband about it and trying to rebuild trust, his support could be key. My boss was in a meeting which over ran so I left the office very sharply no explanation needed so skipped the pub on the way home, unfortunately that only delays the excuses as to why I can't come to the pub until next Thursday!

Kaily, how's it going? I read through your other thread and see you have been facing challenges. I too live on my own, I would go to pubs but never drank much in the pub in recent times too many bad memories of being a drunken idiot. So a couple of drinks in the pub and the real drinking done home alone where no one can get hurt apart from me. So many cuts and bruises, black eyes from falling over drunk having to tell people I gashed my head on the kitchen cupboard which I mistakenly left open and various other elaborate reasons for injuries. I got to the point in the summer when I decided I may as well kill myself (I'm not currently in AA but as they would say) My life had become unmanageable. I went to GP got anti-depressants they made no difference so what choice did I have and something just said to me maybe it's the drink stop that now there's a thought.

One of the things I hope to achieve by trying to get sober is the ability to look back in 5-10 years time and say, yay I haven’t wasted those years on the drunk-hangover-plan drink-drunk conveyer belt. As for looking better nothing wrong with being a bit shallow in the 1st 10 days I lost 9 pounds that's now stopped as I am now eating rather well, my skin is looking clearer my eyes are looking clearer, my face is less bloated. So all of that on top of not wanting to kill myself I can say things seem better but am a work in progress. Get rid of the alcohol in your house and stay in touch we can do October, hangovers suck.

Never, It's not a way to live but somehow became normal. I know I could continue my pattern for the rest of my life but it's not going to be very fulfilling. My parents are elderly and I want to be present in their old age. Earlier in the year my dad was ill my mum called me as she needed urgent help I was so pissed I daren’t answer the phone. Fortunately my sister was able to help but how would I have felt had the worst happen... Definitely not a way to live.

Go for it Wasting, day 10 is cool, I'm sure I can do 3 weeks but 30 days seems like a common milestone so giving up at 21 is not an option once I make 30 then maybe 90 but trying not to get ahead of myself lets just all clear today, tomorrow and soon we will have beaten October.

Survivor, wow 6 years then back on it that is a very scary thought. 73 days is great and to make your 1st 90 in 2 years in our October class we will have to have a party (alcohol free )

Spirit and Citrus we are all at the beginning of our journey together, keep us posted to how you are going.

Teejay I worked out I was doing around 2000 calories a day in beer. I didn't eat a lot in order not to gain waight!! I am the same as you with sweets, wasted calories but beer isn't WTF! Not a big fan of winter either, been quite warm still in the UK so all good. At the end of this month we move our clocks back to GMT and it starts getting dark at 4.30pm then we know winter has started.

Green, I could have 10 years if I had stopped when I first realised I should instead I have 10 years of misery, well it wasn't misery I enjoyed it or at least convinced myself I enjoyed it. Not sure what there is to enjoy about sitting alone every night and drinking till you pass out then spending the next day feeling like death counting the hours till the next drink. The planning, the buying the getting rid of empties oh it was so much effort. I have never made the month mark so I will take heed of your warning. A bit like you I have to get sober, I don't have to but the alternative just doesn't seem like an option anymore.

Fish, I don't let anyone get close enough to me to criticise me so maybe you are lucky someone cares enough.

Poppy I am nearly 3 weeks too lets do this.

Sylvan keep up the good work, a clean car a tidy yard all-good. My house is much tidier in the last few weeks. I haven't done a big tidy I just do it as I go along I eat I wash up, I get up I make my bed, I get changed my clothes go in the washing not the on the floor the sort of stuff that is really unimportant when I am drinking.

Thank you to everyone in this October thread we’re in this together and it is really helping me know I am not alone. Have a super sober Friday
Thank you. I'm day 4 now. Not going well at home. I posted a thread and the replies made things hit home to me. I've know basically lost everything but if I carry on drinking I will only lose more. Glad things are well for you
Old 10-06-2018, 11:55 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is ok
Oct 6 Day 6 for me
Middle of the weekend and afraid of my AV
but feel grateful I am aware of it
Everyone stay strong
Old 10-06-2018, 12:54 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Terrible, awful anxiety today for reasons other than drinking. Possibly as a result of actions taking while drinking in prior relationships however. But today I’m going to be with you guys/gals and will not let it ruin me!
Old 10-06-2018, 12:59 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I'm having a horrible day, nothing to do with drinking stuff. Just a bad day. At least I don't want to drink right now.
Old 10-06-2018, 01:17 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Tomorrow is another day
Old 10-06-2018, 01:17 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Jumping on board. A quiet day today then i am going to try again. Set the bar high this time
Old 10-06-2018, 02:38 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Day 4 and slept like a log, uninterrupted sleep for 6 and then 4 hours more. The changes are happening. Feel so much better. Had plans for today but will change as heavy rain outside. Got a lot to do in the house anyway so will keep me busy. Happy Sunday gang..x
Old 10-06-2018, 06:32 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Got outside and some fresh air, which knocked out the anxiety I was feeling. Also had a nice chat with my dad about it and although he wasnt overly helpful, not being familiar the issues, he is always there with pragmatic advice the translated into my “problems”

Hope your day turned around too Sweater.
Old 10-06-2018, 06:39 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hey, folks!

Made it through day 5; hasn't been quite as tough as I thought (or as it has been in the past). At least, with the "desire-to-drink" part (although it hasn't been absent). But the weird moodiness is still there -- can't tell if it's related to the alcohol or other, new-job-ups-and-downs stuff. Or both.

Hang tough people!

Fishy
Old 10-07-2018, 05:16 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Day 7. Bring it on!,
Old 10-07-2018, 05:45 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Day 13. We all know that wonderful feeling we get as we finish our 3rd drink on a Saturday evening. That warm buzz is so relaxing. However, waking up Sunday morning and not hungover certainly rivals that. I had about 6 hours sleep total so my insomnia appears to be subsiding. I still wake up every couple hours because I have vivid, movie-like dreams that get me in an excitable state.

Going to AA meetings today. Then watch football all day. Easy does it!
Old 10-07-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Sorry everyone, I have failed! Got to day 6 and then drank, same old story that always ends the same way. Hopefully one day I will get the happy ending.

Stay strong and learn from my mistakes.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear, Kaily. Glad you are back with us. We will get there!

Checking in. Have some sinus pain this morning--headache, etc. I am always twice as grumpy when I don't feel well and I'm sober because it seems so unfair. I'm doing the hard work, right? Why isn't my life instantly and permanently perfect now?

So, I'm having a little talk with the ego this morning, it seems
Old 10-07-2018, 10:01 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

Sober Tobers! I'm in.
Old 10-07-2018, 10:25 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Kaily, I think the important thing is that you came back and still working on your progress.

GreenSweater, I hope you feel better soon and that your day gets better.