Notices

Class of October 2018 Part 1

Old 10-07-2018, 12:34 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Thats the first sober weekend in over a year. Day 5 today and feeling a lot better. Look ahead, yesterday is history.. Today I am stronger than yesterday. Day by day.
Have a great sober day gang..
Old 10-07-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

I blew it this weekend too Kaily--I'm going to review my sobriety plan and double-down this week. Keep posting and don't quit quitting
Old 10-07-2018, 02:19 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Awesome attitude to have Hawkeye. Love the positivity!
Old 10-07-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Sweet dogs, Pacheeky!

Glad you are back at it straight away, Hawk
Old 10-07-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Thanks guys

It was such a bad idea. Now my gut hurts and I've not gotten any of the work I brought home done.

I have to get the mindset of "no matter what" back. I once had it but I just don't stick to it. It has to happen though--I don't know how many more quits I've got in me at this point.
Old 10-07-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thank you, Green Sweater. I adore my pups.

Hawkeye, I am originally from the October class of 2011. Today is day one for me and all day I read all of our classes posts from back then.
A lot of truly horrible things happened over the years that took me right back to drinking, but I am back and ready to quit, again. I never thought I could quit again but I'm not ready to give up on myself. I hope that you don't give up either.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:03 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Nope, not giving in. I was in an October class some years ago too, but I'm darned if I can remember the year Pacheeky.

I'm making a fresh cup of tea and going to get some of what I had schedule done before bed.

I've got two sweet pups as well. They make it all worthwhile
Old 10-07-2018, 06:47 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kaily View Post
Sorry everyone, I have failed! Got to day 6 and then drank, same old story that always ends the same way. Hopefully one day I will get the happy ending.

Stay strong and learn from my mistakes.
Me too. I was so happy to step on the scale and realize that I have lost 30 pounds that I let my guard down. I rationalized and said "I am only drinking on weekends now" but know that won't last if I continue to do so and will eventually go back to drinking during the week as well.

103 days to my trip to California... I need to prove to myself and my wife that I have earned this trip!

I also cancelled my health club membership last week and found another one I think I will like a lot better. It is on my way home from work, has a healthy sandwich/salad place next door, and the owners seem so much more attentive. I want to lose 20 more pounds by January and it will be so much easier if the empty beer calories go away.

I'm reading up on recovery planning as well. As time goes on... the more and more I realize that I need to work through ALL of the steps that people on this forum have suggested doing.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:07 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Still here and still sober.

Kaily and Hawkeye, I'm glad you're back.

Hawkeye, that 'no matter what' mentality is so important to me I got that phrase tattooed on the inside of my arm. It's my first tattoo. I got it after 2.5 years sober to remind myself every day of the importance of a total 100% commitment to sobriety, recovery, and showing up and being present in my life.

Then I dove headlong into anywhere from 1/2 to 3/4 a liter of vodka every night for a year and a half. I hated myself for being there again. I thought I had it under control. I was so wrong and was sure I had lost myself for good this time.

Now I'm 3 weeks sober again. I was thinking about that 2.5 years earlier today. I usually say those years were a failure. I was a dry drunk all that time. I refused to accept the way things were in my life. I made up stories about how I would like things to be instead and lived as if my stories were reality. Denial was a way of life even as I told myself I couldn't possibly be in denial because I knew and accepted that I was an addict!

But I'm starting to see that no quit attempt, short or long, has ever been a waste. I learn from all of them. Eventually I'll get it, or I'll die. 'No matter what' has come to mean that I never stop stopping.
Old 10-07-2018, 08:26 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

Checking in Sunday night. Still sober and becoming happy !

Went to the best guest speaker meeting today. Such a sad story for a young woman, been on the streets since 11y old.

I am just starting to realize how to fee grateful.
I was f up for a long time in my thinking.

Thank you Higher Power for everything you have done for me.

Please help all my dear friends in SR who are fighting with me.

Warm regards,
whitejay
Old 10-07-2018, 08:42 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem abck hakeye and Kaily -= no matter what is a great line to stand behind

congrats to all those hitting milestones and doing well too

D
Old 10-07-2018, 09:58 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Thanks for your relentless support, Dee!!
Old 10-07-2018, 10:15 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

The temperature in the Chicago area is climbing. Temps in the 60s now... windows are open! Woot! Three more days until the weather turns for the worse!!
Old 10-07-2018, 11:10 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Here I am back on Day 1 but on a more positive note I have had 5 out of 7 October days sober and today will be the 6th!

Once the drinking thoughts come into my head it is like a compulsion that I can't control. All sense and reason goes out the window. I really don't know how to gain control.

Here's to a happy sober Monday everyone.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:33 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Day 5.
Old 10-08-2018, 12:42 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Morning everyone
Day 6
Glad you came straight back kaily and Hawkeye.
Teejayverm you tick them sober days off your calendar until your trip, it will be worth it and your wife will be so proud of you

My husband started to speak to me a little yesterday afternoon, small but positive steps that I'm working on
Have a great day class
Old 10-08-2018, 01:13 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Day 5 almost done. Feeling blah today. The big boss wanted a one on one with me. I passed my 6 month probation last week (no idea how with all the Mondays and more that I taken as sick leave due to booze). We went to a coffee shop for close to 1 hour. He said how proud he was of my work and mentioned the several complimentary emails he had received from agents regarding my service level. I work in airline sales. It was totally the opposite to what I was expecting. I felt very good afterwards. this is a good job woth good benefits and pay. It is up to me not to blow it. Good night gang xx
Old 10-08-2018, 01:55 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
Day 5 almost done. Feeling blah today. The big boss wanted a one on one with me. I passed my 6 month probation last week (no idea how with all the Mondays and more that I taken as sick leave due to booze). We went to a coffee shop for close to 1 hour. He said how proud he was of my work and mentioned the several complimentary emails he had received from agents regarding my service level. I work in airline sales. It was totally the opposite to what I was expecting. I felt very good afterwards. this is a good job woth good benefits and pay. It is up to me not to blow it. Good night gang xx
Congratulations
Old 10-08-2018, 02:19 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Once the drinking thoughts come into my head it is like a compulsion that I can't control. All sense and reason goes out the window. I really don't know how to gain control.
Hi Kaily

I thought my compulsions were out of my control too but that wasn't true. I just hadn't worked out what else I could do but drink.

Its worth thinking about those other options - what else can you do with awkward or strong feelings, or awkward situations?

There's always other options.

D
Old 10-08-2018, 02:26 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Great job Sydneyman!