Hey, count me in!
Old 10-02-2018, 06:33 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Oct 2
Day 2
I will not drink today
Old 10-02-2018, 06:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day 8. Besides sleep issues, I am feeling great. My anxiety levels are manageable. Last week, I felt constantly on the verge of a panic attack. Just taking it day by day.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:05 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Feeling great here as well. I'm trying to focus on getting some long-delayed "adulting" stuff sorted this week.

Funny how a clear mind can help you see what the next right thing is
Old 10-02-2018, 08:21 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

8 hours sleep last night... only woke up once to go to the restroom. Feel refreshed... woot!
Old 10-02-2018, 08:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Having an anxious morning, not sure why. Maybe too much coffee. Haven't been getting much done at work. Just sitting around eating snacks and having long imaginary conversations with people in my head (Does anyone else do that? Replaying old conversations, and imagining what I would say this time? Lol maybe I'm crazy).

But not drinking.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:49 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hey everyone! Checking in. I'm officially on Day 8! This is the LONGEST in 8 whole years, that I have been sober. I think it's a sign. Day 8 - 8 years of drinking - about to turn 28. I'm feeling so positive about it. The weekend allowed for much needed sleep, even though I've had to take a couple sleeping aides to help achieve that. My mood swings are getting better. Friday - Sunday I burst into random bouts of crying over absolutely nothing (twice in public) =/ That's embarrassing... Yesterday and today though, I've been much more in control. My appetite is weird. I feel full all the time and everything I eat seems to have no taste or appeal to me at all. I'm working on that, as well as trying to get started back up at the gym.
On the most positive note though, it feels simply amazing to be able to wake up and go to work not hungover, or worried that I could get another OWI the day after a night of drinking. I'm much more attentive and am finally starting to spend my free time doing things I enjoy, rather than consuming large amounts of liquor and doing absolutely nothing with my time. Another day in the books and counting
Old 10-02-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 2, 5.20pm. I would love a drink right now BUT that doesn't mean I can have one. Time goes so slowly sober, all that said I have got a lot more done today.
Evenings are difficult sitting home alone.
Roll on day 3.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:32 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenSweater View Post
Having an anxious morning, not sure why. Maybe too much coffee. Haven't been getting much done at work. Just sitting around eating snacks and having long imaginary conversations with people in my head (Does anyone else do that? Replaying old conversations, and imagining what I would say this time? Lol maybe I'm crazy).

But not drinking.
The racing mind /anxiety is pretty normal in early sobriety. It should get a little better day by day--I'm usually feeling fairly "normal" within a week or two.

Hang in there Green
Old 10-02-2018, 09:39 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Seeking wisdom

Hello Octoberitts .........How does this thing work?

Do we check in every single day or what ?
Old 10-02-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

The anxiety has always been the biggest trouble for me. But like many of the other stories I have read on here, when that anxiety wanes, it is likely to cause me to slip.

Does anyone have any good tools/reminders to keep on themselves daily as a reminder of how bad the anxiety can be?
Old 10-02-2018, 11:12 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Count me in as well. I need a refresher course on sobriety.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by whitejay View Post
Hello Octoberitts .........How does this thing work?

Do we check in every single day or what ?
I'd say from my experiences you check in as much as you need to!
Old 10-02-2018, 01:56 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Home from another day of work, but I still have work to do. No drinking. Tomorrow night will be the real test though, since it's usually a night I drink a whole bottle of wine "because I deserve it." Trying to tell myself less lies.

I hope everyone had an OK day.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:26 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Walking done... I need to work in some exercise every day... also did some food preparation in the pressure cooker. As I said before... busy, busy, busy!! Need to keep busy!

(At some point, this is going to sound repetitive but I need to continue to remind myself.)
Old 10-02-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Count me in for the October class too!
Old 10-02-2018, 10:45 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Hurray for day 3.
6.40 am and hangover free after a night full of drinking dreams but no actual drinking.

Wishing everyone has a good sober day.
Old 10-02-2018, 11:52 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

C heck in as often as you want whiteowl - more than once a day did the trick for me

welcome to everyone just joining

D
Old 10-03-2018, 02:43 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Day 9. Awake now 5:30am. I hate waking up before dawn because it doesn't feel like a new day. I can't seem to string together more than 3-4 hours sleep at a time. How I wish I could fall into a nice slumber at 11pm and stay asleep until 7am as the sun rises.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:45 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hey Everyone

Some positive stuff on here day 3 of October and day 17 for me.

I’ve read another post on here about liking being sober, I am enjoying being sober but I know I still like drinking just don’t like all the crap that it brings with it.

To be honest I didn’t want to stop drinking but have spent the last 10 years sitting on my own every night getting drunk and spent the following days struggling with various degrees of hangover from mild to the sort that a normal person would wonder how I ever made it out of bed if they actually knew how terrible I felt, probably looked pretty terrible too! In those 10 years my life has just stagnated and all my plans have been around how I drink and although I said I didn’t want to stop drinking I want more to not have to live like that anymore so here I am.

Kaily mentioned earlier that it’s boring and time passes “so slowly”. That’s true there is a blog on this site about embracing the boredom. Right now I am a bit bored and drinking would kill time quickly. I haven’t changed my life much yet except quit the drinking but hope to fill the time with more fun and productive things as time passes by. Spending the last 10 years drunk the time has passed pretty fast, I have 1 life why do I want to press fast forward on it.

Anyway good to be part of this October class with you all. I feel good maybe that thing people call the pink cloud not sure but I’ve said it out loud so hopefully I can refer back to this when I have a down day.

Keep up the good work class mates and have a super sober Wednesday.