View Single Post
Old 10-06-2018, 10:44 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Pinky1

Originally Posted by Wood4trees2018 View Post
Good Morning Classmates Day 19. I’m not counting honest....

I am a night person but have suddenly become a morning person am tired in the evenings and am now waking up fresh and early. Had a walk at 5am whilst most of my world slept it was lovely and now just having a read through SR and the updates from all the October Team, we’re doing well Friday the 5th now the challenge of the weekend.

Justin, good luck with Day 1. Let us know how you feel when you see day 2. Day 1 is the worst I did not move off the sofa all day barely had any fluids, 0 food and little sleep. Gradually all of those improved.

Pinky how did day 2 go? As I mentioned to Justin for me it gradually got easier through week 1 but was a struggle at time. You've made a positive decision and stopped drinking now is time for a better life. It can only help with saving your marriage are you talking to your husband about it and trying to rebuild trust, his support could be key. My boss was in a meeting which over ran so I left the office very sharply no explanation needed so skipped the pub on the way home, unfortunately that only delays the excuses as to why I can't come to the pub until next Thursday!

Kaily, how's it going? I read through your other thread and see you have been facing challenges. I too live on my own, I would go to pubs but never drank much in the pub in recent times too many bad memories of being a drunken idiot. So a couple of drinks in the pub and the real drinking done home alone where no one can get hurt apart from me. So many cuts and bruises, black eyes from falling over drunk having to tell people I gashed my head on the kitchen cupboard which I mistakenly left open and various other elaborate reasons for injuries. I got to the point in the summer when I decided I may as well kill myself (I'm not currently in AA but as they would say) My life had become unmanageable. I went to GP got anti-depressants they made no difference so what choice did I have and something just said to me maybe it's the drink stop that now there's a thought.

One of the things I hope to achieve by trying to get sober is the ability to look back in 5-10 years time and say, yay I haven’t wasted those years on the drunk-hangover-plan drink-drunk conveyer belt. As for looking better nothing wrong with being a bit shallow in the 1st 10 days I lost 9 pounds that's now stopped as I am now eating rather well, my skin is looking clearer my eyes are looking clearer, my face is less bloated. So all of that on top of not wanting to kill myself I can say things seem better but am a work in progress. Get rid of the alcohol in your house and stay in touch we can do October, hangovers suck.

Never, It's not a way to live but somehow became normal. I know I could continue my pattern for the rest of my life but it's not going to be very fulfilling. My parents are elderly and I want to be present in their old age. Earlier in the year my dad was ill my mum called me as she needed urgent help I was so pissed I daren’t answer the phone. Fortunately my sister was able to help but how would I have felt had the worst happen... Definitely not a way to live.

Go for it Wasting, day 10 is cool, I'm sure I can do 3 weeks but 30 days seems like a common milestone so giving up at 21 is not an option once I make 30 then maybe 90 but trying not to get ahead of myself lets just all clear today, tomorrow and soon we will have beaten October.

Survivor, wow 6 years then back on it that is a very scary thought. 73 days is great and to make your 1st 90 in 2 years in our October class we will have to have a party (alcohol free )

Spirit and Citrus we are all at the beginning of our journey together, keep us posted to how you are going.

Teejay I worked out I was doing around 2000 calories a day in beer. I didn't eat a lot in order not to gain waight!! I am the same as you with sweets, wasted calories but beer isn't WTF! Not a big fan of winter either, been quite warm still in the UK so all good. At the end of this month we move our clocks back to GMT and it starts getting dark at 4.30pm then we know winter has started.

Green, I could have 10 years if I had stopped when I first realised I should instead I have 10 years of misery, well it wasn't misery I enjoyed it or at least convinced myself I enjoyed it. Not sure what there is to enjoy about sitting alone every night and drinking till you pass out then spending the next day feeling like death counting the hours till the next drink. The planning, the buying the getting rid of empties oh it was so much effort. I have never made the month mark so I will take heed of your warning. A bit like you I have to get sober, I don't have to but the alternative just doesn't seem like an option anymore.

Fish, I don't let anyone get close enough to me to criticise me so maybe you are lucky someone cares enough.

Poppy I am nearly 3 weeks too lets do this.

Sylvan keep up the good work, a clean car a tidy yard all-good. My house is much tidier in the last few weeks. I haven't done a big tidy I just do it as I go along I eat I wash up, I get up I make my bed, I get changed my clothes go in the washing not the on the floor the sort of stuff that is really unimportant when I am drinking.

Thank you to everyone in this October thread we’re in this together and it is really helping me know I am not alone. Have a super sober Friday
Thank you. I'm day 4 now. Not going well at home. I posted a thread and the replies made things hit home to me. I've know basically lost everything but if I carry on drinking I will only lose more. Glad things are well for you