Class of October 2018 Part 1

Old 10-14-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome bobdrop jberlinQueensass and anyone I missed
D
Old 10-14-2018, 06:53 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Kaily, thank you. You are always so kind. ?
Dee, my Aunt said she didn't want to have too tell me until she knew there was something to tell. I get it. She was protecting me, like orderfororder said. Looks like we have a Yoda in the group. 😋.
I spent the day researching her diagnosis and truly, not much I can do but be there for her. Another incentive to stay sober.
Nt, thanks for always saying the right thing.
Hawkeye, great job on 8 days. I thought we shared the same date but Blondie (me) counted wrong. I'm a day behind you, a it's a week for me today.
Has anyone heard from greensweater?
Also, welcome to the three new members of our group. It's awesome to have you here.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:05 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hey, all,

Fish is back. I've been away from doing any social-media kind of stuff for a while, and am trying to get back in the swing . . . and to re-connect with this group. Being away hasn't been helpful at all . . . and I need the support!

I'm going to have to try to find some time to wade back through the last five or six pages of posts!

Fishy
Old 10-14-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Queensass08 View Post
Day 1 again for me after a binge. I haven’t had any withdrawal symptoms yet besides my anxiety is sky high. It’s probably just the anxiety but I’m actually scared and shaking. I’ve been reading the forums all day.
That pretty much is how I feel. I haven't had hangovers but have had extreme anxiety when I have relapsed. In my case, I think it is self awareness that causes those feelings. It is progress... the knowledge that we have let ourselves down even though the physical symptoms are not there.
Old 10-14-2018, 07:45 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TeeJayVerm View Post
That pretty much is how I feel. I haven't had hangovers but have had extreme anxiety when I have relapsed. In my case, I think it is self awareness that causes those feelings. It is progress... the knowledge that we have let ourselves down even though the physical symptoms are not there.
Your probably right. And to add I think it’s the fear of the withdrawals if I keep going isn’t really helping. I know if I stick with it this all goes away but it’s almost like a minute by minute thing for me today.
Old 10-14-2018, 08:06 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

That makes sense pacheeky.

D
Old 10-14-2018, 08:34 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Checking in with the Class
Oct 14 Day 14
So far so good
We will see what tomorrow brings
Thank you all for your post
Old 10-14-2018, 11:53 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hi all.
Morning of day 3 for me today. Even though I have had a couple of slips, October so far for me has been lots better than my usual very heavy daily drinking-11 days out of 15 have been sober days!

Pacheeky you sound like you have got your head around the shock now and doing positive stuff to support your Aunt. Well done for not drinking over it.

Nice to see you back Fish, and welcome all the newcomers.

Not seen GreenSweater or Wastinglife for a few days, both are normally regular posters. Hope they are busy being sober.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 10-15-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Quick checkin. Day 4. Off to work.
Old 10-15-2018, 07:47 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hey gang,

Checking in.....Had a nice quite weekend watching baseball and football. I definitely took easy this weekend. It was really the first time since stopping the drink.

I'm firing on all cylinders and concluding my two weeks today. Tomorrow will be the beginning of week 3 for me.

I'm a Jameson kind a guy with a pint a day prior. It's expensive to!

Some interesting stats to present:
a. 147.8 drinks not consumed
b. $230 saved
c. 14,345 calories not consumed

I managed 15 days back in Feb. and March, plus some 5 and 10 day streaks in between, the last being 10 days in August. I don't why, but all of my success takes place in the fall. I really need to push this through to the new year though.

I can use all help I'll need from the Octsober class and I'll, of course, be there for anyone that needs support. Plus, I'll go out on limb if I feel anyone needs some sort of recourse...
Old 10-15-2018, 08:34 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

keep it up Neverthought
Fall is a good time for change
Oct 15 Day 15 for me
Second Monday in a row without the sickness of a horrible hangover from a drinking weekend and so very thankful to the accountability from our Oct 2018 class. I know I would not have come this far without you
You are terrific
Thank you all for both reading and posting
Much appreciated
Old 10-15-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
keep it up Neverthought
Fall is a good time for change
Oct 15 Day 15 for me
Second Monday in a row without the sickness of a horrible hangover from a drinking weekend and so very thankful to the accountability from our Oct 2018 class. I know I would not have come this far without you
You are terrific
Thank you all for both reading and posting
Much appreciated
Thanks Spiritman! It's my favorite season, so, it could be a simple as that. Or perhaps, I just feel less stressed. I don't have to deal with the grass and pool maintenance and everyone is back to school.

Nice work on 15 days Spiritman and glad to have you on board. I'm with you, I certainly don't miss those Mondays.

Keep it up Octsober.....hope we hear from Greensweater and Wastinglife and anyone we haven't heard from lately.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:12 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I'm here! I've known for a while there was a problem. I had yet another conversation about my drinking with my husband Friday. Had just a few on Saturday but then yesterday we went to a friends house and well, bye bye Sunday. Day 1. It's time.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:35 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beachliving17 View Post
I'm here! I've known for a while there was a problem. I had yet another conversation about my drinking with my husband Friday. Had just a few on Saturday but then yesterday we went to a friends house and well, bye bye Sunday. Day 1. It's time.
The day of reckoning. I've had too many to count.

It's a big deal to say "it's time"

We're looking forward to getting to know you. Glad to have you and stay close...
Old 10-15-2018, 10:42 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Been a busy weekend but so grateful for everyone's support and posts. Had a very up and down weekend full of highs and lows.

Today marks a month for me. Still sober and made it through a major trigger last night. Proud of myself. Hope everyone is doing well.. off to work!
Old 10-15-2018, 10:51 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Welcome, beachliving17 - lots of support and wisdom here
Old 10-15-2018, 11:04 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Glad to see so many posting solid days here--and also those of us who have relapsed getting back up and on the wagon again promptly.

I started a keto lifestyle / diet this past week and am beginning to reap some benefits. Lots of energy, low carb craving (helps me with booze cravings for sure) and good sleep. My mind feels less foggy as well. Ketones make good brain fuel I hear.

I'm enjoying the cool Fall weather too. At my work, typing away and wishing I was outside hiking

Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 10-15-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Day 13 has come. Feeling good. calm and peaceful. A far cry from Day 1 for sure. Partner has come back from Bali but we are still not on good terms. I am sure he has noticed that my wine glass its not part of my picture anymore. He bought 2 bottles of duty free vodka which are in the cupboard. Thankfully I was never really a spirit drinker my choice was wine. I do not feel tempted or even have the urge. I feel to good and come too far to have a drink. I have my next SMART meeting tomorrow so looking forward to that. Decided to start with something new on Saturday to get out of the old routine. I am looking at starting meditation classes. I know just removing the wine and living in the old routine is not going to work so went to start something new. Oh and started walking again..A new sober me...
Old 10-15-2018, 12:16 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sydneyman View Post
Day 13 has come. Feeling good. calm and peaceful. A far cry from Day 1 for sure.

I know just removing the wine and living in the old routine is not going to work so went to start something new. Oh and started walking again..A new sober me...
Way to go sydneyman....

You're very astute in realizing there's more to just quitting drinking. We have to fill that void.

Hope the relationship begins to mesh soon enough for you!
Old 10-15-2018, 01:40 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Back to Day 1 after another Sunday relapse. To make matters worse, I have been notified of a denial for life insurance for "past social habits" which has sent me into an emotional spiral. I have not been this depressed in a very long time... my first SMART meeting tomorrow can't come soon enough.

**Here I go crying again!**

This is it, I am done relapsing over and over... I don't want to feel like this ever again. I wasn't hung over this morning... but still wake up with intense feelings of despair and regret for falling backwards. I don't want to feel like this ever again!

Obviously, the extreme boredom of my job isn't helping... but so is their lack of an appropriate amount of guaranteed issued life insurance. Just need to hang on for another 8 months or so and get back to a more meaningful job (and with a company with better life insurance benefits). Sobriety will help me with that!