Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 6

Old 08-19-2018, 06:48 PM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Hi Peeps,
Hope all is well in each of your corners of the planet.
Yes Daisymum, was with the girlfriend today. We went to church this morning, and my neighborhood closed off my street and had a block party after. It was beautiful outside and so much good food! There was also coolers filled with beer, and wine on the tables with food. It definitely caught my attention, as every year we have this and I end the night staggering home, but I felt clarity today, and actually enjoyed sitting and talking with people I just wave to most of the year as they drive by. Today was a good sober day and made me feel growing strength in my fight.
Going to try and read back, as I just glanced over the posts but my eyes are sooo heavy!! Stay strong Erratic, and glad to see your back Nichole and still fighting. Love to you all and sleep well💜
Old 08-19-2018, 10:05 PM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Just checking in!! I’m much better.

Hi Nichole. Keep coming back!!

It’s late and I’m tired. It looks like day 34 started an hour ago. I just looked back at my days.

Night💚

V🐍
Old 08-20-2018, 12:31 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  

Morning all
Quick post as i've got to get up and get to my meeting
Hey Nichole...good to see you back posting.
I had another drinking dream last night!! I dreamt I had 2 glasses of wine with friends and then stopped and was wondering if I was "still" an alcoholic lol. And then my sponsor turned up and asked me if I had been drinking and I lied and said no! (On the AA chips it says "to thine own self be true".) And then later she asked why my tongue was dark red and smelt my breath and found me out. Ahhh I haven't felt shame like that in the last 4 months I quit lol thank goodness it was just a dream!

There is still no other feeling that can beat waking up sober! People who drink small amounts or people who never drink alcohol have no idea of the simple pleasure us alcoholics get from waking after a good nights sleep and not being hungover. I will never stop being grateful for that!

Have a great day everyone. Catch you all later

Xx
Old 08-20-2018, 03:22 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all x

I stayed off the drink yesterday as i think i have scared myself a bit with the throwing up blood, i am sure its just a burst something or other. Today i do feel sick a bit but haven't thrown up or anything. I also went back to bed this morn. I have my psyciatrist on wed afternoon maybe will talk to him about it, but he can't do anything until i stop drinking. Will see what happens over the next few days.

Good to see u back nichole and u bluesy.

I hope the drinking dreams pass snitch x and hey there viper and great job on 34 days x great job on not drinking aswell donny. Hope u have a less bz day daisy x and here thinking about ur strawberry and ones i have forgot im sry x oh and dee big hug for you x
Old 08-20-2018, 06:05 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Good morning April family !

I think it's been a week since I've posted. Last Monday I had an illness come on suddenly and I was very sick Mon-Wed. Surprisingly it was just a sinus infection but I was running a fever and felt extremely ill. I spent Monday night and all day Tuesday in bed. I was put on antibiotics and then those messed my stomach up. I'm mostly better now still feeling very tired.

My husband, son and I made a trip to Chicago over the weekend to see the Fight 2 Win event. The owner of my son's jiu jitsu school was fighting. There were 34 fights and it was a great time. My son loved it, said he learned a lot. He really studied each match. He really loves jiu jitsu and I love seeing him enjoy it.

My daughter texted me Saturday afternoon asking if I could watch Miss Thalo on Sunday. I couldn't say no because I love that little girl so much. But it made for a very long weekend. It was my intent once again to start the week with my 'Miracle Morning' but I couldn't drag myself out of bed. I'm not going to beat myself up over it but I do wonder why I just can't seem to get my crap together. Yes, I'm sober and I'm grateful for that. But I have been struggling with junk food. Sometimes I feel like I just replaced one problem with another. I decided yesterday to approach this like I did alcohol. One day at a time.
So today is Day 128 of no alcohol, Day 2 of no diet coke, and day 1 of no junk food. Wish me luck
I have done my best to keep up with your posts over the last week. I'll continue to get caught up. Hope everyone is doing well.
Vipe - it's been a week but I know you asked what meds I'm on. So my autoimmune attacks my thyroid so my meds are to replace the thyroid hormones T3 & T4. I take Levothyroxine and Nature Throid. Have you felt any relief yet from the med you were put on?
Well I better get to work. It's going to be a busy week of working at my real job and my volunteer efforts at my sons TKD school. We have a big event this Saturday and I'm on the planning committee. So much to do this week to pull it all together!
Erratic - please consider seeing a dr. Thinking of you.
Take care everyone.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:30 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Hey Kgirl xx great job on 128 is so amazing x sry to hear u was unwell hun x

hey rowling is it day 2 for u like me? i forgot to mention u also. x
Old 08-20-2018, 07:18 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Kgirl, interesting that my APRN said my T4 was a little low but not low enough to worry about. She’s more worried about my very low iodine levels, that the thyroid needs. I’ve got to stick to my liquid iodine drop in the morning. The new med I’m on is revolutionary, not being used by mainstream doctors and made by the special pharmacy. It will be a long time before I know about the effects. I could know in 2 months, but the rest is really 6-9 months. At 9 months with no improvement you can say with certainty it’s not helping. In the meantime it’s cheap and harmless. People are seeing everything from total remission of serious auto immune diseases to nothing at all and everywhere in between. I tried it 2 years ago and didn’t give it any kind of chance to take effect. Could solve it all.

I’m not deathly ill, it’s just symptomatically always feeling terrible. I can’t plan anything, or work. Im working on that. I appreciate the simple things so much. Gimme a little cabin by the beach in Belize, and a good woman and I’d be fine with that. Alternatively a mini house in New Mexico with a used $5000 used on/off road BMW or Honda travel motorcycle and I’d be happy (a great dog as well as the good woman). I can make enough for that at some point. Not drinking is key to anything like it.

My sister is going to Paris and driving to Italy. She’s begging me to go with her. The thing is, she would pay for the car and a room wherever we are, at air bnb’s or whatever. So a lot of stuff is free for me. Flights are dirt cheap from Boston. That Norwegian Air is unbelievable. The whole deal would be pretty cheap. I thinking hard on it. The thing is I won’t drink if I’m with her. She said if I’m not well, just fly home. Her 20 year old and his girlfriend would meet us there. Norwegian was $99 to Ireland from here, so she grabbed them tickets for the 1st. The thing is what happens if I decide to hang around for a while and go to Barcelona (my buddy has a big place there) or something by myself? 😕

I need a trip like that to shake the cement off my feet.

Alright, on with the day.

Viper 🐍
Old 08-20-2018, 08:40 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Hi Erratic, glad to see you are feeling a little better and you know it will only get better the longer you quit poisoning your body. Keep it up!
Vipe glad you are starting to get back and hope you keep getting better.
Today is 30 days for me. I promise I’m notgoing to turn this into a academy award winning speech but I do want to say thank you.
Mum, your kind words and the care you show for each one of us means more than you will ever know💜
Suze, being able to see you go from
this broken person, to the strong, sometimes struggling person you are today is a total inspiration and thanks for always putting things into prospective.💜
Bluesy, same for you. Love the way you always put thinks how only you can do💜
Vipe, keep on keeping on and so glad you are here with all of us.💪🏼

Kgirl, Dee, Anna, Quit, Strawberry, lovehoops, Nichole, and I know I’m missing some I will think of after I post, but thank all of you for every kind and thoughtful word💜
I know I am only 30 days in and still a long long road, but just wanted to take a minute to let you all know how much you mean. Ok, this was totally like an academy awards speech🙄🙄 but whatever! Have a great day people!!
Old 08-20-2018, 12:30 PM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Kgirl, interesting that my APRN said my T4 was a little low but not low enough to worry about. She’s more worried about my very low iodine levels, that the thyroid needs. I’ve got to stick to my liquid iodine drop in the morning. The new med I’m on is revolutionary, not being used by mainstream doctors and made by the special pharmacy. It will be a long time before I know about the effects. I could know in 2 months, but the rest is really 6-9 months. At 9 months with no improvement you can say with certainty it’s not helping. In the meantime it’s cheap and harmless. People are seeing everything from total remission of serious auto immune diseases to nothing at all and everywhere in between. I tried it 2 years ago and didn’t give it any kind of chance to take effect. Could solve it all.

I’m not deathly ill, it’s just symptomatically always feeling terrible. I can’t plan anything, or work. Im working on that. I appreciate the simple things so much. Gimme a little cabin by the beach in Belize, and a good woman and I’d be fine with that. Alternatively a mini house in New Mexico with a used $5000 used on/off road BMW or Honda travel motorcycle and I’d be happy (a great dog as well as the good woman). I can make enough for that at some point. Not drinking is key to anything like it.

My sister is going to Paris and driving to Italy. She’s begging me to go with her. The thing is, she would pay for the car and a room wherever we are, at air bnb’s or whatever. So a lot of stuff is free for me. Flights are dirt cheap from Boston. That Norwegian Air is unbelievable. The whole deal would be pretty cheap. I thinking hard on it. The thing is I won’t drink if I’m with her. She said if I’m not well, just fly home. Her 20 year old and his girlfriend would meet us there. Norwegian was $99 to Ireland from here, so she grabbed them tickets for the 1st. The thing is what happens if I decide to hang around for a while and go to Barcelona (my buddy has a big place there) or something by myself? 😕

Alright, on with the day.

Viper 🐍
jump on a flight to kefalonia !!!!
Old 08-20-2018, 02:50 PM
  # 410 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Donnyb View Post
Suze, being able to see you go from
this broken person, to the strong, sometimes struggling person you are today is a total inspiration and thanks for always putting things into prospective.💜
Awwww bless you dear Donny that means a lot to me 😙😙😙
Old 08-20-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post

Sounds like an amazing opportunity! And if you decide to hang around for a while and go to Barcelona or something by yourself then you will do what you are doing now. Not drink. One day at a time. And ENJOY your sobriety!!! I don't believe we get sober to hide away from life. I believe we get sober to enjoy our lives!
Old 08-20-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  

All okay here.
Just watching some Netflix before bed.
Feeling quite good at the moment. I still have frequent cravings or thoughts about drinking but I am learning to deal with them now. Sometimes I get the poor me I can't drink blah blah blah's on me but I just remind myself what alcohol does to me and where it has taken me and that really it boils down to the fact that I am allergic to it. Plain and simple. What did I read somewhere here before? Someone wrote they are allergic to alcohol, they break out in cuffs! Quite funny.

So , am grateful to be going to bed sober tonight. Hope you all sleep well

Xxx
Old 08-20-2018, 05:26 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Going to bed sober which is always nice had an odd day dizzy light headed heart racing felt drained so I order some books which made me happy fill my time with reading instead of drinking can’t wait to wake up sober and feeling alive
Hope all is well take care y’all
Old 08-20-2018, 08:35 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  

I am awake at half 4 aagh but at least it is not because I have been drinking! I have just been doing sone AA reading in the 12 step support thread and read something I really needed to hear as you know I do struggle sometimes as my mind is very good at romantacisingthe drink and I wanted to share with you guys.

Walk In Dry Places

""All that Glitters
Tempting Moments
Though real sobriety means all lose of desire to drink, it's not uncommon to have moments when the
old life takes on a sudden appeal. This appeal is never based on a realistic look at things as they
were. It is more a rush of feeling connected with some alluring aspect of the drinking life.
Such a false feeling will always pass if we let ourselves remember what happened to us and why we needed to seek recovery. We cannot have this rush of feeling when we remember the misery, despair, and other pain from that part of our lives.
All that glitters is not gold, goes an old saying. All the glittering scenes connected with drinking are not really golden moments, either. They are, for us, always preludes to disaster.
I'll remember today to let realistic thinking rule my life even if there are moments when my feelings run temporarily awry."

How true is this?!

Sometimes you need to be awake at 4.30 am to read something that will help you!!

Nichole, well done. Normal drinkers don't realise what an achievement it is for people like us to get our heads on our pillows sober at night. I am proud of you. I know how hard it is but also how rewarding. I hope you sleep well
Old 08-20-2018, 09:18 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Strawberry!!!!!!! Kefalonia!!!! OMFG. It’s fantastic, unreal, surreal. I found a very nice Airbnb, whole apartment, for $34 a night in about 30 seconds of looking. Its looking down at the sea of course. Italy is quite close. Then I’ll be dropping in on the farm and making myself at home for a few months. ‘I said scrambled eggs!!! Not over easy!! And you’re out of hot sauce again.’ 😂 Strawberry throws me off a cliff. 😅

Snitch I should just go. Every time my sister and I go somewhere we get closer. With the businesses they run, it’s next to impossible for my brother in law to get away. I’ve become a true partner in travel with her. 2 heads are better than one, I’m street smart, and Viper doesn’t take any ****.

Donny, keep it going strong comrade!! 🦅
5 weeks here brohiem!! The clock just turned midnight. It feels good dude. Ahhhhhhh....

I am truly feeling better after that nightmarish period. I’m upbeat. I wake up at 8, after 8 hours of sleep. I’m up all day (no napping out). My depression, anxiety and especially OCD are way down. I feel physically better. Benzos are way down. Good outcome.

It feels like forever to get to the point where the benefits show up. You want to throw in the towel at 3 weeks because you feel worse than before. 5 weeks isn’t that long for this kind of turnaround. I’m not running any marathons, but I’m getting better. 🐍

Thank you all so much 💚🐍💚
Old 08-21-2018, 12:14 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn everyone x well done on 30 days donny and its not just 30 days that is so much more than me and many x u keep it up.

well i am in a brighter mood this morn and not feeling sick. So i am sitting here on laptop and also watching which may not be appropriate im not sure lol but i do love this film and if u like old movies u will have to you tube it. Its a black and white 1949 film called whisky galore . im sure many of our UK members will know it if your at a certain age like me xxx

will check in later and see how u all are x big hugs from me to everyone xx
Old 08-21-2018, 02:56 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

G.morning Aprils, hope you're all well. I'll post later, just really busy. I had a hospital appointment yesterday that took longer than anticipated and this morning its the dentist then shopping and lunch with my friend. Catch up later. Much love to you all. Xx
Old 08-21-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 418 (permalink)  

Morning All,
Grey & humid here today.
Busy busy with Doggy holiday care ...A beautiful Golden retriever & Labrador although they like each other a bit too much & he keeps getting frisky !
The booze is defiantly exaporuing from my pores..& boy do I feel better for it.
Although I've had that horrible need for a sugar spike.
Not to worry I know it will pass.
Viper I think this is a golden opportunity..that's within ur grasp...
Just do it ! Just think all those rock hard French & Italin beds .. you will sleep like a baby !
Not to mention all those beautiful woman ...you could bag yourself a Italian lady !
Donny so pleased your going great guns ...you sound positively upbeat ..makes me smile .
Strawberry ...not long now till the majority of the summer tourists should be leaving ur little Island. Is your mother in law still driving you insane ?
Nicole so pleased ur back & yes Erractic were in it together my lovely.
Daisy ( mum) & Suz sending love ❤️
Anna xx
Old 08-21-2018, 08:52 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  

Anna, 😍 I did an Intensive Art Conservation Program in Rome that my college offered. I nearly fell over 18 times a day. It’s hard if you don’t speak the language.

Things are going pretty well. I feel the benefits of getting off the booze. It’s hilarious that my father thinks this is all in my head. He thinks, feeling good because I stopped drinking, is because I feel guilty about drinking, not because it could possibly have any physical effects on the body. 🤪 Idiot.

Ok. I’m going back to that Vaccine doctor’s office but it’s more of a pain in the butt than anything else, because I’m over it, and she’s not going to do anything.

Ok off to do errands.

V🐍
Old 08-21-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  

Evening all
At last I've got chance to post, I did start one last night, wrote a few lines and gave up as I was super tired and couldn't keep my eyes open.
Had a hospital appointment Monday afternoon with my gastro consultant re my Ulcerative Colitis and he is arranging for me to have an upper end endoscopy, really looking forward to that....NOT.
Went to the dentist this morning and I need some work doing so I've got to go back again tomorrow for an xray, it's going to cost me an arm and a leg by the time my teeth are all sorted! Looking on the positive side at least I'm keeping my appointments and doing what needs doing, had I have been drinking I would have kept putting them off.

Donnyboy, a massive well done on 31 days, I'm so proud of you. Your block party after church sounds good and you still enjoyed yourself without alcohol, just goes to show that it can be done.
Oh and thank you so much for your kind words, they really cheered me up. xxx

Aww Suze, those drinking dreams are giving you some stick at the minute, just use them as reminders of how you don't want to be. I seem to have escaped them this time round, unless I've slept so heavily that I can't remember them, I do get lots of flash backs during the day though, of the stupid, horrible and selfish things I did when I'd been drinking.
I agree with you, waking up sober is such a pleasure, for me just not waking with that awful feeling of anxiety and guilt makes it all worth while.

Hiya Erratic, I'm so glad that you're feeling better today, hope you're looking after yourself, drinking loads of water etc and eating well.

Sorry you've been poorly Kelley and hope you feel much better now. Sinus infections are horrible. You were missed whilst you were away.
The Fight to Win event you went to sounds amazing, I would have enjoyed that. Your son is doing so well isn't he, he's a credit to you.
I can relate to your struggle with junk food, I have realised that I am binge eating, just like I was binge drinking, it's ridiculous, I never had a sweet tooth and yet I'm shovelling sweet stuff ( and anything else food wise) down my throat like there's not tomorrow. It's got to stop or I'm going to turn into a roly-poly.

So glad you're feeling better now Viper, long may it continue. Paris and Italy sound great Viper, what have you got to lose? Just do it. Your sister obviously thinks very highly of you. Mind you Kefalonia sounds good too and the climate would suit you. Good food in Greece and I'm sure some good women too.

Nichole, going to be sober is fabulous, I knew you could do it, keep it up it will be worth it. You'll feel so good in the morning. xxx

It's great to see you back posting Anna, you were missed. The first few days are difficult, as you know, but you know what to do. Keep posting and take good care of yourself. xx

I need to go to bed now and catch up on some sleep. Back tomorrow. Love to you all. xxx