View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 02:56 PM
  # 411 (permalink)  
snitch

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post

My sister is going to Paris and driving to Italy. She’s begging me to go with her. The thing is, she would pay for the car and a room wherever we are, at air bnb’s or whatever. So a lot of stuff is free for me. Flights are dirt cheap from Boston. That Norwegian Air is unbelievable. The whole deal would be pretty cheap. I thinking hard on it. The thing is I won’t drink if I’m with her. She said if I’m not well, just fly home. Her 20 year old and his girlfriend would meet us there. Norwegian was $99 to Ireland from here, so she grabbed them tickets for the 1st. The thing is what happens if I decide to hang around for a while and go to Barcelona (my buddy has a big place there) or something by myself? 😕

I need a trip like that to shake the cement off my feet.
Sounds like an amazing opportunity! And if you decide to hang around for a while and go to Barcelona or something by yourself then you will do what you are doing now. Not drink. One day at a time. And ENJOY your sobriety!!! I don't believe we get sober to hide away from life. I believe we get sober to enjoy our lives!