Notices

Class of August 2017 Part 6

Old 03-20-2018, 05:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2017 Part 6

Last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-5-a-20.html (Class of August 2017 Part 5)

D
Old 03-20-2018, 07:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mr

Shotgun

Thx D
Old 03-20-2018, 07:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mr

Beat you to it Tyger ! naa na na naa na
Old 03-20-2018, 07:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Hey Dee, we need a new link for the new POST thread. You tacked this link onto that thread, lol! Thanks!
Old 03-20-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Another lovely spring day here.
I have been walking in the sunshine, and finished a couple of paintings

Old 03-20-2018, 04:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A new thread! Hey y’all !!
I’m back, still making meetings about once a week ( not enough), life’s ok. I’m learning that “to those much is given, a lot is asked.” I have to focus on one day at a time, or I’m in a bad way. Lol.
So very good to see you all.
((((( BIG hugs)))))
Old 03-20-2018, 06:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by stargazer016 View Post
Hey Dee, we need a new link for the new POST thread. You tacked this link onto that thread, lol! Thanks!
I blame the clipboard - thanks SG... fixed

D
Old 03-20-2018, 06:34 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the new thread Dee!

Hey JL2014!
Old 03-21-2018, 06:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Should we do a roll call?

Anyone?

Old 03-22-2018, 12:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Lurking lately..

Quite tired and need the Easter break.

Couch to 5k still on track.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:48 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

New thread for the new season, thanks Dee! I have a 10 day break after work today, hopefully the weather will be decent. Longest winter ever, or it feels like it anyway! Good for you with the couch to 10 Dec, I’ll hopefully get more excercise in in springtime. Have a great day everyone
Old 03-22-2018, 02:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Mr

Enjoy the hols Lily.

I have a 10k this weekend too Dec.

I started jogging a couple of weeks ago and it really is great. It is absolutely horrible when you think and ponder putting on the gear and going out but once your out and you just plod along it is really fantastic.

The hardest part is thinking about it
Old 03-22-2018, 12:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

"The hardest part is thinking about it." TRUE. But I have my son to nag me, fortunately.

I'm just doing couch to 5K at present, not 10K. Never been a runner before and so starting easy on myself.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good evening friends!

Been spending a quiet evening painting again, i am really enjoying this hobby.

great way to settle the mind and do something i find enjoyable...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0144c.jpg (86.6 KB, 227 views)
Old 03-22-2018, 04:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello everyone,
It’s difficult for me to be posting here again after yet another failure.... and as always I considered not to log in on here ever again, but I really want to get better. I was doing so well and I was proud of my sober time, going to meetings and how I’m trying to cope with my anxiety but last Friday something very, very upsetting happened to me... and instead of reaching for help I decided to drink. Well, you know the rest. ‘One drink’ turned into a 7-day bender. Yesterday I felt so disgusted and exhausted with all this I threw away my remaining bottles, but today I literally digged through my rubbish bins to find them - now how f***** up is this? I had another GP appointment today. I was too anxious to say anything but my doc seemed concerned because of some of my answers on that online CBT thing (tbh I thought it’s confidential and was kinda shocked to find out it’s not heh) and she doubled dose on my antidepressants. It’s not gonna help if I keep drinking, I know as much... I’m so tired and I hate myself for making the same mistakes over and over and over again.
Old 03-22-2018, 04:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Btw this is a very nice painting Tyger. Lovely colours & it actually makes me feel at peace...
Old 03-22-2018, 04:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Hello everyone,
It’s difficult for me to be posting here again after yet another failure.... and as always I considered not to log in on here ever again, but I really want to get better. I was doing so well and I was proud of my sober time, going to meetings and how I’m trying to cope with my anxiety but last Friday something very, very upsetting happened to me... and instead of reaching for help I decided to drink. Well, you know the rest. ‘One drink’ turned into a 7-day bender. Yesterday I felt so disgusted and exhausted with all this I threw away my remaining bottles, but today I literally digged through my rubbish bins to find them - now how f***** up is this? I had another GP appointment today. I was too anxious to say anything but my doc seemed concerned because of some of my answers on that online CBT thing (tbh I thought it’s confidential and was kinda shocked to find out it’s not heh) and she doubled dose on my antidepressants. It’s not gonna help if I keep drinking, I know as much... I’m so tired and I hate myself for making the same mistakes over and over and over again.
I know the feeling, but you can do it! Learn from your mistakes to make an even more committed attempt at recovery this time!

I had a bad relapse in summer, but the lessons i learned from it helped me a lot staying sober afterwards...
You said you were going to meetings? Did you get a sponsor and start working the steps too? If not, i highly recommend it, that was what really made a change for me... I used to just go to meetings too and think I did well, but all of a sudden i found myself on a 2 week binge, and lost everything... When i finally got back into an aa meeting, I asked a guy right away to sponsor me and help me through the steps... really did wonders to how i feel and how i manage my life
Old 03-22-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks Tyger. Yeah I guess you’re right - I’m usually so anxious at the meetings I’m just proud of myself for ‘being there’, but I don’t really work the steps. Eh.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:13 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Thanks Tyger. Yeah I guess you’re right - I’m usually so anxious at the meetings I’m just proud of myself for ‘being there’, but I don’t really work the steps. Eh.
I enjoy going to meetings and they help me a lot, but the real life changing moments have all been at my sponsor's kitchen table over bucket loads of coffee Or in his car heading to meetings in other towns.

and i never felt doing the steps was hard, actually i found it quite enjoyable and most of all relieving. I pretty much just did exactly what my sponsor told me or what the book said without thinking because I know if i started to overthink it I would go off in the wrong direction - and frankly I was so fed up with the debating inside my own head I was tired of listening to myself I bet most my friends were fed up listening to my drunken babble when I was drinking, but most of all I was fed up debating everything with myself - so I just did what I was told, and it surely worked wonders for me
Old 03-22-2018, 05:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Snufs, the fact that you really want to get better is really important. To me it's like step 1...where you admitted you were powerless over alcohol and your life had become unmanageable. Whether or not you ascribe to the 12-steps it's a pretty significant place to be, as you know what you're dealing with and want to heal. Also your continuing to see your GP and going to meetings are really huge. Keep fighting and trying to reach out to those folks that are at the meetings...they were right where you are now for sure. Be careful with the antideps and alcohol...they don't mix too well...trust me, I know

Dec...couch-to-5k would be my goto if I were jogging again (the knees are complaining when I do though) ...I might've said it before but that's a solid choice to get motivated. Always hated the jump from week 3-4

Lily-hope you're able to take advantage of some better weather there on your break. It'll do wonders for the soul I'm certain

Tyger--that's a really cool piece of artwork man! I agree quite peaceful indeed.

Vinny--good on you as well with the running. Fitness is a major factor in my sobriety now...can say enough of how staying active helps my mood and spirit.

Purps, Dee and all....take good care

Todd.