Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 6

Old 08-18-2018, 11:13 AM
  # 381 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

this is 3rd time in trying to post.

sry i have lost again and drank. worried about no one talking.

please keep communicating if u dont we lose x
Old 08-18-2018, 11:15 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Step one, you say we need to talk
He walks, you say sit down, it's just a talk
He smiles politely back at you
You stare politely right on through
Some sort of window to your right
As he goes left, and you stay right
Between the lines of fear and blame
You begin to wonder why you came
Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I would have stayed up with you all night
Had I known how to save a life
Let him know that you know best
Cause after all, you do know best
Try to slip past his defense
Without granting innocence
Lay down a list of what is wrong
The things you've told him all along
And pray to God he hears you
And I pray to God he hears you
Where did I go wrong?
I lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
And I…
Old 08-18-2018, 12:42 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Hey Erratic,
Please never give up hope...I'm back on my day one...it's a journey we're all sharing together & I feel blessed that we have this amazing supportive circle of friends ..
Chin up chick xxx
Old 08-18-2018, 01:59 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Good evening Aprils, I hope to find you all happy, well and sober. There's a definite drop in the temperature here this evening, I've had to go and put a cardigan on. Just back from my daughter's, she's gone on holiday this morning with her little family and I'm on cat duty, looking after her cat.

Enjoy your lie in Donny, 7 hours of quality sleep sounds like true bliss, enjoy. I never slept well when I was guzzling the wine, I used to crash out but then wake every hour, up and down to the bathroom or getting a drink of water, strange dreams, very disturbed sleep. I sleep much better now.

Glad you've had a good day Viper, long may it last.

Lovely to have you back with us Anna and I hope you enjoyed your holiday. back to reality now washing, cooking & cleaning, oh and staying sober of course.

Hi Erratic, so annoying when that happens.. Sorry to hear you drank, well you know what to do, so come on and start afresh, you and Anna can do it together. Beautiful words by the way xx

Back later, be good and sleep well.

Thought for today.... “If you know someone who tries to drown their sorrows, you might tell them that sorrows know how to swim.”
Old 08-18-2018, 03:39 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Hey all
Just about to go to bed. We are staying at my sister's tonight. My daughter is already asleep and I am in bed now. We took her out then came home and cooked dinner for my mum and dad as both their birthdays this week. We went food shopping earlier and my sister bought some wine. As we left the shop I said to my sis that that is one of the hardest times for me re drinking. I loved the anticipation of getting home from a shop with some nice food and a bottle(s) of wine which I'd start on whilst cooking. I felt a pang in my gut about it but I knew it would pass... I am getting used to that now. It did.

I went to a really nice meeting today and picked up my 4 month chip. Someone did a reading from the Big Book which I want to share with you.

"The idea that somehow, someday he will control and enjoy his drinking is the great obsession of every abnormal drinker. The persistence of this illusion is astonishing. Many pursue it into the gates of insanity or death.

We learned that we had to fully concede to our innermost selves that we were alcoholics. This is the first step in recovery. The delusion that we are like other people, or presently may be, has to be smashed.

We alcoholics are men and women who have lost the ability to control our drinking. We know that no real alcoholic ever recovers control. All of us felt at times that we were regaining control, but such intervals—usually brief—were inevitably followed by still less control, which led in time to pitiful and incomprehensible demoralization. We are convinced to a man that alcoholics of our type are in the grip of a progressive illness. Over any considerable period we get worse, never better."

I love this. I completely identify with it.

1. Trying to drink "normally" nearly killed me and I definitely would have either died or gone insane if I continued.

2. I had to unreservedly admit to myself that I am an alcoholic and to accept this and surrender.

3. That the idea that I would ever be able to drink "normally" or Like "normal" drinkers has had to be completely smashed.

4. That I had completely lost control of my drinking once I picked up that 1st drink, that no matter how much sobriety I have that will never improve. It will only get worse. I have no doubt in my mind of that.

Someone wrote a good post in the alcoholism section here called "it boils down to no matter what". I found it an interesting, insightful and helpful read. Basically, I cannot drink....no matter what.
I really hope this may help anyone who may be struggling today.

Cant keep my eyes open! Night all

Old 08-18-2018, 03:46 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

P.s as we are posting songs here is mine. Chandelier by Sia (who is actually a recobering alcoholic). I was the ultimate party girl. Let's go out and get drunk and party yey. No one knew I was really dying inside ...

Chandelier

Sia Furler

Party girls don't get hurt
Can't feel anything, when will I learn
I push it down, push it down

I'm the one "for a good time call"
Phone's blowin' up, they're ringin' my doorbell
I feel the love, feel the love

One, two, three, one, two, three, drink

Throw em back, till I lose count

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier, from the chandelier
I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist
Like it doesn't exist
I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry

And I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down won't open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light, 'cause I'm just holding on for tonight
Help me, I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down won't open my eyes
On for tonight

Sun is up, I'm a mess
Gotta get out now, gotta run from this
Here comes the shame, here comes the shame

Throw em back till I lose count

I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist
Like it doesn't exist
I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night, feel my tears as they dry

And I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down won't open my eyes
Help me, I'm holding on for dear life, won't look down won't open my eyes
On for tonight
On for tonight
Old 08-18-2018, 05:28 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  
Administrator

no ones leaving erratic - you can always PM me if you're worried about anything here

I hope you can stop drinking today.

D
Old 08-18-2018, 08:16 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, hope all is well with each and everyone of you.
Suze, loved your insightful post and was sitting here shaking my head as I read along because so much I identified with. I think the hardest thing for me was to admit to myself that I can’t control alcohol. I drink a few for a few days then it ALWAYS escalates and I literally end up falling on my face 🤕. That was 4 weeks ago tonight and I never want to Open that bottle and let that person out again. He is careless, selfish, and egotistical. As I right this I am thinking how much I don’t like those traits in people yet it is me when I am drinking. That gives me a bit of a sick feeling but also hope that just like I wouldn’t befriend someone like that, I will also not become that. I am sober😊
Mum, your thought of the day is also one of my favorite reads. Love today’s!💜
Erratic, Anna, Strawberry, Quit, Vipe, Dee, Bluesy, Kgirl, and anybody else I missed, sleep well and💜💜💜💜
Old 08-18-2018, 09:11 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Hi Rowlands 😀. It’s funny. Everyone always gripes about those stiff foam matresses in other countries. Just a slab of relatively stiff foam. If I knew where to buy that in the States I’d have one in a minute. Cheap too I’m sure. I love them!! I hate a soft bed. I’m on a 2 year old temperpedic my father didn’t like and it’s Plush. My back demands support.

Alrighty!! I’m coming back folks. That nightmare has passed. OMG that was miserable. I’m feeling better. I’m in much better spirits and I’ve started looking toward the future again. My own official diagnosis after consulting 5 professionals... *Severe Vaccine Reaction* I won’t be getting a vax ever again. Tetanus maybe.

So it’s midnight. I think I’m going on to day 35???? Correct if I’m wrong. I’m trying to help my sister deal with a whole lot of stuff. My nephew is driving her nuts. Supposed to be off to a beautiful private school in a week and is now refusing without his car. He can’t even bring a car as a Freshman. He’s pulling all kinds of other crap. I’d like to drive him to the inner city, find eight dudes hanging out on a porch, walk up to them, pulling him by the ear, and ask them if they’d like a fully paid 4 year MS, including food and housing at one of the nicest schools in the area. Because, you know, there’s a slot opening up. And my nephew can stay here right?? Little brat. My sister is ready to murder.

Ok folks. I’m just so happy I’m getting over that nasty illness. I’m still on the Doxycycline but it is really hurting my stomach. I don’t think it is curing me of anything. It’s coincidence. See how it goes tomorrow.

V🐍
Old 08-19-2018, 12:32 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Erratic, how are you doing today?

Are you on facebook?

I have struggled for so long in trying to quit drinking. I know we can't change the past but oh how I wish I had listened to the similarities and not the differences at my first AA meeting 15 years ago. Oh well, that was not to be part of my journey. I picked up my 4 month chip yesterday at my meeting. I didn't ever think that was possible. But it is. It does take work. But if you do the work you reap the rewards. In the last 4 months I can categorically say:-

1. I have not done one single thing I regret.
2. I haven't fallen out with anyone.
3. I haven't woken up with feelings of guilt, shame and despair because of anything I did the night before.
4. I haven't had to check whether my daughter was ok because I couldn't remember getting her to bed the night before (how awful &#128542
5. Although I still wake in the night some times I usually get back to sleep but if I can't for a while it is not because I Am dehydrated, sweating, shaking, disturbed, nauseous or because my heart is racing.
6. I haven't left my daughter alone whilst I popped to the shop to get more wine (shame again &#128542
7. I haven't got in a car and drove under the influence.
8. I haven't woke up suicidal once. I haven't wished I was dead once.

Not everything is perfect in my life. Far from it. I still have days when I feel low. I still have times when I Want to drink! Insanity! But one day at a time I will not pick that drink up. I will not not go back to those dark days .

You can do this Erratic. One day at a time you really can. X x
Old 08-19-2018, 03:22 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn everyone thanks for the comforting replies x

dee i think i am just being overly sensitive, just my usual paranoia and crap playing. thanks also for saying i can pm x

I had another scare last night this time i wasnt yellow this morn but i must of burst something as when i was sick last night i ended up retching fresh blood so husband said he would keep an eye on me through the night. I am ok so far this morn .

rowlands i am sry u are back on day 1 and yup we both need to keep our chins up x

Thanks snitch for ur replies and also your lyrics x yeah i have facebook x

will check in again later x hope u all have good afternoon x

thanks again to everyone for being here x
Old 08-19-2018, 06:51 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Good afternoon to my April family
I hope you're all well, happy & sober and enjoying the weekend. I'm having a bit of a lazy Sunday, I've done very little today up to now other than feed my birds and the kitten and go to my daughter's to feed her cat as she's on holiday.
My husband has just gone to the cemetery to visit his mum so I'm home alone too. Just a few short months ago this would have been the perfect opportunity for me to drink. I'd have waited for him to leave home, then as soon as he was round the corner in the car my shoes would have been on and I'd have been legging it to the local co-op to buy a bottle of wine ( or more likely 2, one for now, one for later) . I'd have legged it back as quickly as I could and started on it as soon as I got back, polishing off the bottle within an hour and then falling asleep until he got back. I'd often wake just as he'd be putting the key in the door and I'd run to the kitchen, put the kettle on and start making coffee. I've even done things like take a bite out of an orange or chew a spoonful of coffee granules to detract from the smell of alcohol on my breath. What an idiot I was, it must have been so obvious!
Today, I'm happy in my own company, chilling, having a coffee and perusing S.R. I much prefer this version of me.

Suze, I'm glad you enjoyed your meeting and how lovely you got your 4 month chip, well done to you. Thank you so much for sharing that reading and I can relate to every single one of those points. You've come a long way in 4 months and things can only get better. I'm very proud of you.
I know exactly where you are coming from re going to the shop and the anticipation of buying the wine, that's just how I felt.
Thank you for sharing that song, I was never the party girl, I was more like the lonely housewife.

Hi Dee, thanks for your kind posts as always.

Hi Donny boy, I can so identify with this " I think the hardest thing for me was to admit to myself that I can’t control alcohol. I drink a few for a few days then it ALWAYS escalates and I literally end up falling on my face". It always, always escalates and is proof that alcoholism is progressive. I remember once downing a bottle of wine and then bending down in the cupboard under the stairs for a pair of shoes, as I stood up I cracked my head on the boiler and a couple of days later I had 2 beautiful black eyes. Oh the shame!
Glad you liked my thought of the day yesterday, I like that one too.
Have yourself a great Sunday. Are you out gallivanting with your lovely girlfriend today?

So, so glad you're feeling better today Viper, that vax certainly took it's toll on you. Day 35 is great and now your aches and pains are subsiding you will be able to appreciate your sobriety more.
Sorry to hear that your nephew is being a pain, sounds like he's trying to see how far he can push the boundaries. I hope he sees sense.

Hi Erratic, I'm sorry if I came over as being a bit insensitive last night, I didn't realise you were a bit down, I was a bit tired and didn't read through all the posts properly. I hope you're feeling better today, what made you sick, was it the alcohol or had you had a bout of coughing or just poorly? Please keep your eye on that and have a word with your doctor about it to be on the safe side.
If you're ever feeling down or fed up or anything, you can p.m me any time or if you want to connect on F.B just let me know, I don't write on F.B much these days but I do check it daily and will reply to any messages. Take good care of yourself. xx

I'm going now, my ironing pile keeps waving to me and I think I'll go and do a bit. Much love to all of you. xxx

Thought for the day...... “Recovery is hard. Regret is harder.”
Old 08-19-2018, 06:54 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Erratic if you wanna be friends on fb then pm me and can always be contacted on instant messenger if you need to talk. X x
Old 08-19-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Daisybelle View Post

Suze, I'm glad you enjoyed your meeting and how lovely you got your 4 month chip, well done to you. Thank you so much for sharing that reading and I can relate to every single one of those points. You've come a long way in 4 months and things can only get better. I'm very proud of you.
Thank you Daisy and I too of you 💗💗💗
Old 08-19-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Thank you Daisy and I too of you 💗💗💗
Thank you. 💕🌸💕xx
Old 08-19-2018, 09:21 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Thank u both and daisy u wasn't insensitive at all x

Me being sick was mostly the drink and then had something to eat.

i have had a lazy afternoon again just sitting watching police interceptors yet again.

hope u are all ok x if u ever want my FB just PM me also.
Old 08-19-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Aprils -

Just checking in! I wish I was able to use this site better on my phone, but for some reason it won't let me hit 'thanks' button or even respond sometimes so I have to wait to jump on my laptop.

I've started an instagram page apart from the one attached to my regular FB so no of my biz friends can see I'm on under a pseudonym. There's a HUGE community obviously on Insta and I've spent some time on there as well since it's something I can do from my phone. I've been enjoying it!!

I'm leaving for a trip to Southern Cali next week and lots of work to finish up now but will check in again soon!

Hope everyone is having a lovely Sunday and trying to stay in the present moment . One of the most difficult things I must say...

xo
Old 08-19-2018, 01:59 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

It’s been a little since I’ve been on here kind of torn in half after the weekend with close friends that would do anything for me I realized I can’t keep up with there partying and Friday was a disaster Saturday I tried staying sober but being around them is 100% chance of drinking which leads to another day of drinking so unfortunately I’m back to day 0 and trying to distance myself from people and get back to working on my drinking because I know I can’t control it so sobriety is the most logical thing to do not the easiest wish it was simple
Old 08-19-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  

HI again Aprils
Just checking in before bed. Hope you've all had a good Sunday.

Hope you're feeling better this evening Erratic and hope you've managed to stay off the booze. I know how hard it is. I hope you haven't been sick again, I'm kinda worried about that blood thing and hope you mention it to your doctor. Anyway make sure you keep hydrated, have a good nights rest and keep us posted tomorrow. xx

Hi Bluesey, I find it very difficult posting from my phone too, I don't have the option to like any posts and it takes soooo long to post anything myself, it's so much easier on the lap top. I don't use Instagram though I keep thinking I'll set it up.
I hope your trip to Southern Cali goes well, enjoy and post when you can. Take good care of yourself.

Lovely to see you back Nichole and I'm sorry that you're still in this predicament. Someone here has a quote at the bottom of there signature saying 'nothing changes if nothing changes' and that's the truth for sure.
I know you can do this once you put your mind to it and staying sober will be the best thing you will ever do for yourself. Why don't you start now, just for today. Big hugs.xxx

Off to bed in a minute, back tomorrow. Sleep well my lovely friends.xx
Old 08-19-2018, 04:55 PM
  # 400 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to see you back online Nichole

Throwing up blood is pretty scary Erratic - glad you're ok today.

Hey DB and Bluesy, Donny snitch and Vipe

D