Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 6

Old 08-14-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 341 (permalink)  

Erratic, where are you? US? Do you get Live PD? Because it’s off the hook, non stop chases, crazy people, massive drug finds, all live in 7 counties with 50 camera crews. So it just jumps all around. Of course they have Live PD rewind, so Friday Saturday and Sunday can be loaded with it. But Friday and Saturday nights at 9 it’s Live. Perfect for low attention span.

I’ll tell you all this. I’m suffrering. This is the worst my illness has been, in 10 years. My APRN is not responding, and my appointment is in 2 weeks. I’m trying to talk to the psychiatrit and get in there. This bares all the hallmarks of having gone off Prozac though I’m on it.

I’m trying to do what I can. New University GP in a week for a referral. Dunno. Not a happy camper. I slept from 1-4 this afternoon. Ooofffff. I’m sweaty, got a headache, foggy, flu symptoms. I couldn’t leave well enough alone when I was feeling good. I had to go drink. Wtf????

Is this all an alcohol and sugar detox????? I hate to say it, but as of tomorrow it’s a month!! Need to stick it out? Drinking is not the answer but I would certainly feel better short term. 😓

V🐍
Old 08-14-2018, 04:13 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Hi all
Just doing my bedtime check in, hope you've all had a good day. It's been unusually quiet here for a Tuesday. I hope you're all okay.

Great to see you posting Erratic, I hope all is good with you.

Viper I hope you feel better soon, please don't cave, work through this with every fibre of your being. You've come so far and I know you'd be so gutted and disappointed in yourself if you drink, yeah you might feel better short term, but short term would just be till you wake up in the morning and feel like death. It really isn't worth it, you are worth so very much more.

Well I'm going to bed now, back in the morning. Sleep well. xxxx
Old 08-14-2018, 05:33 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

I’m not going to drink Daisy 💚😞

This is not going well folks. Was in the ER last week, and I didn’t feel this bad. I like the way they just say ‘Lyme Disease, here’s pills’ and walk out. What kind of horse **** medicine is that??? No exam? No questions? I’m considering taking the pills because I feel so bad. I can’t eat now. I’m in pain. I am usually the guy that toughs through physical pain and says it’s nothing but this has me stopped. Detox from the booze now???

I never got a positive result on the Lyme test. No result at all actually, they would have called. I DO NOT want to introduce a powerful antibiotic on top of that vaccine I had 3 weeks ago and the detox and immune issues.

OK I just called the ER and i would have been notified if it was positive - edit
V
Old 08-14-2018, 07:12 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  

Vipe, sorry you are struggling so much my friend. Hang in there and hopefully things are going to get better very soon.
Glad you are posting Erratic and stick with it. You can do this!
Goodnight to all you wonderful people and hope some of our other friends will be posting soon. It’s been too quiet on here??💜
Old 08-14-2018, 10:16 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Hola Aprils!! Sorry I haven’t posted in a couple days ! I read some posts last night but more to catch up on !

Hoping everyone is good and happy and healthy!

I will write more tomorrow when I have a full reservoir after a good nights sleep. Much needed !!

All is good with me, just been busy and had company a couple nights but here I am on day 134!!

Hugs to all xo
Old 08-15-2018, 12:12 AM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Good Morning Aprils and happy 'top of the hill' day.

\i knew you wouldn't cave Viper and I hope you're feeling better today Viper, perhaps you should think about getting yourself back to ER or seeing if you can get to see your doctor/APRN, I can't see it being alcohol detox symptoms now after 28 days, not that I'm a medical person.
A massive congratulations to you on 28 days though, I just wish you were feeling well enough to enjoy this milestone.

Morning Donny, it's been unusually quiet hasn't it? I'm glad you're posting though even though you are very busy with work stuff. Have a good day and I hope to see you back later. xx

Hi Bluesey, lovely to see you as always and I hope you are good, happy and healthy too. I shall look forward to reading your post tomorrow. Take good care of yourself. xx

Strawberry, you ok? Check in and let us know.

Back later, have the best Wednesday you can. Love to you all.

Thought for the day.....

There is no person walking the face of the earth who demonstrates more courage, dignity, honesty and integrity on a daily basis than an alcoholic in recovery.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:54 AM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all x sry never really got to post yesterday was pretty bz x
Viper sry your health is not so good hun x me in US? naw sry im in scotland lol i didnt listen to any music yesterday but will try today and also try to watch some black and white movies for low maintenance lol We also have loads of cop shows and that here in UK viper your right its great to watch things like that as its easy to watch.

day 4 and yup its a struggle but trying to push foward x

keep up the good work viper, daisy, donny , snitch and everyone else xx
Old 08-15-2018, 01:47 AM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope whatever it is you'll turn the corner soon Vipe
Hi Daisy, Bluesy, erratic Quitnow Dponny and Suzy
Old 08-15-2018, 03:20 AM
  # 349 (permalink)  

Morning all from New Jersey!

Aaagghhh I have just woke from an awful drinking dream! I dreamt I went out with my crew and drank and woke up the next day hungover and couldnt remember anything about the evening but I felt awful and really upset and disapointed that I was back at day one and was worrying about telling my sponsor. I am sitting here with so much relief it was just a dream but the awful thing is I actually did use to live my life like that constantly. Yuck!

Hey Vipe. So sorry you feel so bad. I am no expert but this doesn't sound like alcohol detox. From what I have read it takes about 3-5 days to detox from alcohol and up to 10 days to get it all out of your system. I know there is PAWS. Post acute withdrawl symptons. Have you looked at the symptons for that? But in my opinion and I am no doctor (although I like to think I am sometimes!!) This is something else. If you were prescribed antibiotics would it not help to take them? I really hope you feel better soon but I am so proud of you for not putting a drink on top of it all. Yes a drink would numb the pain for a bit but it would just be like sticking a plaster over a gunshot wound and eventually you would have to quit again and go through all of this...AGAIN. which you now know you don't have to! Hang in there, get back to the ER or doctors for some ANSWERS. And take care of yourself.

Hey Donny, Daisy, Blusey and Erratic! Glad to see you all today.

Hi Dee. I read your story the other night on the Recovery Stories page. It was very inspirational!!!! Thank you for sharing it.

Well I am just gonna make a green tea. My skin keeps flaring up and I think it may be dairy related. So am cutting all dairy for 2 weeks. I just love my tea with milk so much (am so British lol) that will be the hardest for me to quit but I do like green tea and twinings do an apple and elderflower one which I love so will be drinking that. Oh my, I sound like a right old granny don't I???!!!! Gonna force myself to do a workout then get some nice food from the Kona Grill which is right outside my hotel. Bliss!

Have a great day all x x
Old 08-15-2018, 04:47 AM
  # 350 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks for the kind words Suze

D
Old 08-15-2018, 02:02 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  

Erratic, other UK nationals, any chance you can get me a residency card, because I’m absolutely done here. 😇

Snitch, I began the antibiotics today. The issue is that with no evidence, in Connecticut, you get put on a powerful antibiotic automatically. I don’t like that idea. I’m too sick not to take it now, but...

I met with my Psychiatrist who is extensively trained in infectious disease, and he’s putting this illness on the vaccines I got a month ago. Absolutely. That’s what I’ve been thinking. It’s far too coincidental that it started the morning after the second shot. I have an appointment with the doctor that gave the shots next week now. But the damage is done. Total BS. Never ever should have done it.

Snitch you keep flying into places that are an hour away from me. Boston, Jersey, etc.

So I just knocked out 30 DAYS. In Connecticut that’s normally known as $87,000 cash, at a log cabin style, farm and rehab clinic, in a forest.

Admittedly this was an ‘easy’ 30 days because I felt so terrible.

So here’s to hoping this illness passes soon.

V🐍
Old 08-15-2018, 03:58 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 30 days Vipe

D
Old 08-15-2018, 04:09 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Erratic View Post
Morn all x sry never really got to post yesterday was pretty bz x
Viper sry your health is not so good hun x me in US? naw sry im in scotland lol i didnt listen to any music yesterday but will try today and also try to watch some black and white movies for low maintenance lol We also have loads of cop shows and that here in UK viper your right its great to watch things like that as its easy to watch.

day 4 and yup its a struggle but trying to push foward x

keep up the good work viper, daisy, donny , snitch and everyone else xx
Thanks Erratic, Are you managing to keep up the good work too? We do have loads of cop shows don't we? They're not my favourite though. I like the ambulance and hospital ones. The ambulance ones where drunken idiots phone for an ambulance because they've been out partying and cant find their way home. I like the bailiff ones too and the ones about benefit scams. All easy watching, don't have to concentrate too much which is good for me as I cant sit still for long. This week though ive watched karate kid 1. 2 & 3 dvd's with my g.son and enjoyed them. Ha ha I remember going to watch the first one in the cinema in the 80's and when it ended all the lads came out of the cinema doing karate moves lol. My grandson has been practising a few on me!
Old 08-15-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by snitch View Post
Morning all from New Jersey!

Aaagghhh I have just woke from an awful drinking dream! I dreamt I went out with my crew and drank and woke up the next day hungover and couldnt remember anything about the evening but I felt awful and really upset and disapointed that I was back at day one and was worrying about telling my sponsor. I am sitting here with so much relief it was just a dream but the awful thing is I actually did use to live my life like that constantly. Yuck!

Hey Vipe. So sorry you feel so bad. I am no expert but this doesn't sound like alcohol detox. From what I have read it takes about 3-5 days to detox from alcohol and up to 10 days to get it all out of your system. I know there is PAWS. Post acute withdrawl symptons. Have you looked at the symptons for that? But in my opinion and I am no doctor (although I like to think I am sometimes!!) This is something else. If you were prescribed antibiotics would it not help to take them? I really hope you feel better soon but I am so proud of you for not putting a drink on top of it all. Yes a drink would numb the pain for a bit but it would just be like sticking a plaster over a gunshot wound and eventually you would have to quit again and go through all of this...AGAIN. which you now know you don't have to! Hang in there, get back to the ER or doctors for some ANSWERS. And take care of yourself.

Hey Donny, Daisy, Blusey and Erratic! Glad to see you all today.

Hi Dee. I read your story the other night on the Recovery Stories page. It was very inspirational!!!! Thank you for sharing it.

Well I am just gonna make a green tea. My skin keeps flaring up and I think it may be dairy related. So am cutting all dairy for 2 weeks. I just love my tea with milk so much (am so British lol) that will be the hardest for me to quit but I do like green tea and twinings do an apple and elderflower one which I love so will be drinking that. Oh my, I sound like a right old granny don't I???!!!! Gonna force myself to do a workout then get some nice food from the Kona Grill which is right outside my hotel. Bliss!

Have a great day all x x
Hi Suze, those drinking dreams are a bummer aren't they. Good reminders though of how awful it was.
After reading what you said about Dee's story I went and found it. I had read it previously when I was here on S.R under a different name but i hadn't read part 2, so inspiring. Thanks for mentioning it, I also read some of the other stories and would recommend reading them to everyone here, I felt very humbled. Xx
Old 08-15-2018, 06:57 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  

Hi Peeps,
Hope everyone is doing well and congrats on 30 Vipe! Now if everything else gets figured out life will be bliss😊 yeah I know there is no such thing. At least those $30,000 + you saved, you can get that new pimped out bike👍🏼
Hope all is well Mum, have to read back more but I know you are always in the state of bliss😊💜
I just got back from golfing and another nice sober day out. I drove past my six pack store and realized a couple miles past that I never even thought of it. Which obliviously I did after but it was with a smile on my face that it doesn’t have some gravitational pull that made me stop all the time! Home for a goodnight sleep. So, that’s where I’m headed and will check in tomorrow. 💜 to all out there struggling and fighting the good fight. 😴
Old 08-16-2018, 12:56 AM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all again x congrats viper on 30 days! u are welcome here anytime hun x

Daisy yeah i like the hospital ones also anything thats easy and everyone else having drama in there lives lol funny thing is though i can watch all that but cant watch eastenders or coronation street as its too much drama, sry hard to explain lol

Day 5 and daisy i am just managing to keep up the fight x

right off to watch another bw movie xx trying to keep to a routine x

check in later and have great day everyone x, donny u playing golf again today? and viper i hope u feel better soon hun x snitch drinking dreams are totaly awfull aswell x
Old 08-16-2018, 06:39 AM
  # 357 (permalink)  

Quick check in,
Back from work and srart my 2 weeks off yey
Well done Erratic, keep it up!
Hi Daisy and Donny!!
Vipe, I hope the a antibiotics work for you. It is the opposite over here. They are really reluctant to prescribe them now. Well done on a month that is awesome 👏👏

Strawberry, Quit, Sunshine, 3trees, I hope you are all ok??

Just a quick share..my sponsor said to me that drinking thoughts are just that. Only thoughts. It is up to me what I do with those thoughts. So yesterday I was feeling grateful and positive and glad to be sober and feeling pretty confident in my sobriety when out of nowhere I had thoughts of drinking with a new friend I have! It took me by surprise but then I remembered what my sponsor said and I just told the thought to do one! And it did...

Catch up more later x
Old 08-16-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 358 (permalink)  

I’m still here reading and checking almost daily.

At day 4 so still a newbie, but feeling really good about sobriety and just generally life, right now. I’ve had a super busy week, so that has kept my thoughts far from wine.

Congrats on 30 days, Viper. That is wonderful! I hope you begin to feel better soon.

Hello Daisy, Suze, KGirl, Donny, Viper, Bluesy, Erratic, Rowlands (where’s Rowland?) and anyone else checking this thread. And of course our beloved, D.
Old 08-16-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 359 (permalink)  

Good morning Aprils!

I'm enjoying a cup of coffee and then off to a busy day of work!

I read the other night and can't recall who is reading Annie Grace's book - This Naked Mind? I think Kgirl?? I'm reading it too and loving it!! It's great to have a good book to lose yourself in, especially one that only re-confirms why sobriety is the best choice to live a good & decent life!

Suze, sorry you're having drinking dreams, those are terrible, but isn't grand to awake SOBER? At least you can wake up from the nightmare instead of waking up TO one! .

Daisy, you sound like you have been keeping very busy this summer! Glad you're spending time with your g-son and hope you are having a lovely day today!! xo

Congrats on all the milestone birthdays!! I don't know everyone's dates at this point, should we have a roll call?

The hummingbirds seem to be teasing my cats this morning, like they know they'll never ben caught, hah! I have a feeder on my deck but it's way up high and in a climbing vine plant so my cats are smart enough to know it wouldn't work well for them, ha!

Anyway, life has been busy and trying to keep everything in balance with my 2 jobs and still finding time to just relax and read. That's not usually until the end of the evening and then I can only read a few pages and then I crash. Also, I'm considering a move to Southern California sometime next year (where I'm originally from) and going south to look at some beach towns that I'm interested in. I really crave to live by the ocean. I live on a bay now, but that's different for me. I just love the salt water air, sand in my toes and in my swimsuit etc. Plus there is a LARGE sober community down there and I think it could be good for me. It could be the right thing to also start a new career in a new place, we shall see what unfolds!

Ok all - hope you all have a happy day today!!

Old 08-16-2018, 08:25 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Aprils
Hope you're all good, well and happy. this is the first chance I've had to check in as our Internet server was down from last night. Such a pain.

I found your story inspirational too Dee, I read yours and a few others and I think all the Aprils would benefit from reading them. Thank you. x

Viper I don't think that you'd really like a residency order for the U.K, it would be far too cold for your liking. Though we've had a good summer this year, it isn't the usual. I hope you're feeling much better today, you would't get antibiotics that easily over here, the doctors avoid giving them out unless it's absolutely necessary. Congrats on 30 days, I hope the next 30 run more smoothly. At least you've saved yourself a small fortune lol.

All is good Donny thanks, but me being in constant state of bliss!! Errm no, not quite, not at all in fact. My life is more like a constant running round after everyone else. Bliss would be to go to a desert island, on my own with a radio, a crate of books, sunscreen and gallons of water.
Well done for driving past the 6 pack store, you did yourself proud. x

Erratic, I'm not big on the soaps either, I don't watch them. Day 5 is good so stay strong, only another 2 and you've got a full week. You can do that.

Suze, that was a good answer from your sponsor re the drinking dreams. Have you got any plans for your two weeks off? Make the most of your sober fortnight. xx

It's good to keep checking in Quit, you can never have too much support.

Hi Bluesey, good to see you posting. I have been busy this summer, I look after my 3 g.children, so never a dull moment.
Aww I've never seen a humming bird, you're so lucky, they sound lovely.
I didn't realise you have two jobs, busy lady then. I would love to live in a beach town, that sounds so idyllic. I love the sea and the beach, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Back later, enjoy the rest of your day and love to all. xx

Thought for the day...... Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.