Notices

Class of April 2018 Part 6

Old 07-22-2018, 04:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of April 2018 Part 6

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-5-a-20.html (Class of April 2018 Part 5)

D
Old 07-22-2018, 05:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello from me on Sunday !
I'm super tired just finished work!
Feeling. A bit down right now and just totally sick of working and would love a day off or even a good night sleep . I'm doing this sobor and have no idea how I got through last year the way I did ! Will read up tonight after the kids sleep and see how my friends are xx
Old 07-22-2018, 06:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Strawberry

D
Old 07-22-2018, 02:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi, resolve is strong. I feel lousy but it’s temporary. I’m still trying to get through this serious if shots. I’ve got some anxiety. I went out to do some errands and found myself overwhelmed. I got back to town, got some food and came home.

I’ll eat soon and probably go to bed pretty early. Maybe the errands will happen tomorrow. As part of my ‘adventuring persona’ (May be a fake person) I took the travel doctor’s advice that I get Rabies inoculations. F-ing killing me, and almost no chance it would happen anyway. Now that I’ve had 2 I’ve got to get the last one or it’s a monumental waste. 😓 Brutal.

My sick friend was asking for help today and I just said no. No way. Sorry. I’m tripping out and feel lousy.

Alrighty, maybe I’ll check in later,

V🐍
Old 07-22-2018, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Aprils

Just checking in quickly before I go to bed. I hope you've all had the best Sunday. Mine involved running round after too many people. I really do have to work on learning how to say no,I'm burning myself out. Other than that, all is good.

Thanks for the new thread Dee.

Great to see you posting Strawberry though I'm sorry that you're feeling a bit down, it's no wonder with all those hours you put in. When do you ever get any Strawberry time?

So glad to know your resolve is strong Viper, try and keep it that way, don't be trying to talk your way out of it. Ouch, I can imagine those rabies jabs are painful, I hope you feel much better tomorrow and don't suffer from too many side effects. Take care.

I'm off to bed now, so sleep well you lot and hopefully we'll catch up tomorrow. xx
Old 07-22-2018, 08:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Daisy, yes I’m trying to channel Luke Skywalker here. I said something to my father about ‘in a month or two everything will open up.’ He was like, ‘In a month or two!!!!???’ Not helpful. Yes it takes 3 days for my brain to start working properly and be able to take a walk without losing my breath, you blithering moron. I want to Rocky III this s**t!! Or Rock IV? I dunno. Eye of the tiger 🐅. More like eye of the Viper.

The shots don’t hurt when I get them. Its the Flu symptoms it gives me. Never should not have been done. Anyway, one more.

Doors will open. Portals will appear. The wheel will swing around.

I’m going to sleep. It’s stormy across half the US right now. We’ve had storms here for hours. It’s pouring.

V🐍
Old 07-22-2018, 08:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good night or good morning. Day 32 here and feeling pretty optimistic.

Feel better Viper.....”eye of the Viper”...NICE! Keep that positive momentum going even if if it takes small steps. You can achieve better things for yourself. You deserve it, friend.

Night Daisybelle and good day, D.

Well done, Strawberry!

See the rest of you around on this new thread...I hope!
Old 07-22-2018, 10:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning all ... Had to go to the capital today to run some jobs . Sat waiting for the doctors office to open . This feels good ... I'm away from the taverna this morning for the first time since April. I have swapped shifts as I'm not babysitting tonight so I'm work at the taverna from 3-12 tonight .
But I have broken the chain if that makes sence so it feels good.
I have heavy health anxity right now and feeling like I have something wrong all the time! I'm sure it's proberbly only tiredness!
I'm having a Pap smear this morning as its been way to long!!
After I'm going to go for a nice coffee on the waters edge and read SR .
Hopeing your all well and pressing on ok... Donny where ru havnt seen you post much !
Nicole ?????
Old 07-23-2018, 12:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you enjoy your morning apart from the doctors strawberry

D
Old 07-23-2018, 03:45 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good morning my April reprobates

I'm hoping to find you all well, happy, sober and refreshed after the weekend.
All okay here, I'm home from doing my running about and just sitting down with a coffee and having half an hour to myself.

Luke Skywalker Viper, wow, what can I say? Re your father, I think I'd be tempted to say nothing at all to him, just show him and watch his amazement at your transformation. Re your jabs, flu symptoms can be pretty savage so I suppose you have to treat them as if you do have flu, rest, plenty of fluids of the non alcoholic variety and good food. Anyway the sooner that last one is out of the way, the better. Make today a good day.xx

Hi Quit, well done on day 32, keep on doing what you're doing, those days are adding up.

I hope all goes well at the doctor's Strawberry, enjoy the rest of your day.

I'll pop in again later at some point. Have the best Monday you can and stay sober.

Thought for the day....Being sober makes me feel like I got my sh!t together........I don't, but it feels like it.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:41 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good morning my April lovies

Thank you for the new thread and all your wisdom, Dee

Strawberry - take care and get some rest. I have found sleep to be my new best friend! I don't know how I managed all the drinking, either. The weekends never seem long enough to get everything done that I want to do. But then I remember that a lot of the stuff actually didn't get done! I'm still playing catch up

Vipe - as the child of dysfunction I can hear and feel your pain. And I'm sorry. The biggest gift you can give yourself is to Let Go and Let God. God can be anything/anyone you want. I have decades worth of pain and struggle. My choice was to forgive and let go. Our parents did the best they could with what they knew or what they had. My brother was unable to let go, he spent his adulthood pointing fingers and blaming others for all his woes. He was unable to beat addiction and died of a drug overdose. I'm praying for you Vipe and sending you positive vibes. Take care

Hi Quit - great job on Day 32! I'm glad to hear you are feeling good...keep that momentum going

Miss Daisy - how are you? How is your garden? I feel like summer is slipping by. I have a deck with nice outdoor furniture and early in the summer I got some twinkly lights to hang around the deck. So pretty when they are on and my plan was to spend hot summer nights out there reading or just looking at the stars. I have gone out there exactly one time. And the mosquitoes ravaged me. I may be sober but I definitely do not have my sh!t together! lol All well...onward and upward

Suze, Bluesy, Erratic, Donny, Nichole, Rowlands, lovehoops...hope you all are well.

Day 100 for me
Old 07-23-2018, 08:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi peeps, Donnyboy is back with his tail between his legs and nothing but regret, anxiety, and feeling of worthlessness to show. I had it all figured out with having a few and all good and normal, until Saturday that is. My inner demon came out in full force and total blackout, with a nice cut and bruise from where I fell, and lord knows what other stupidity but at least I’m here to talk about it. I hate myself right now. I hate the control alcohol has over me and the lack of control I have. I went on vacation and forgot about my problems, cares, this place, and everything that has helped me along the way. I had a couple of drinks and was on my best behavior and life was fine because the last thing I want is for anyone close to know I lose control. Fast forward a week and no one is around but me and a twelve pack and now here I am. I can’t do this anymore.

Congrats to all of you celebrating a milestone. Suze and Kgirl and anyone else I missed. Suze, with struggle comes strength, and you keep doing it and inspiring and one of these days I’ll listen🙄

I honestly have missed all of you in my life, and just being on here has made me feel better. Love to all especially you Daisymum, as I know you worry about me. I’m on day two and will post this evening again💜
Old 07-23-2018, 09:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Definately RE my dad. He did the best he could. That’s over and done with and despite my brain being wired by a lunatic, I have to work with what I’ve got and not blame. I still need to talk to him somewhat. I live there. He’s going to want to know how I am. He pays for the life coach, etc, etc. I’ll try to say nothing and let the transformation take place. As my sister says, “I don’t know why you would tell *him* anything.”

Luke Skywalker. I watched the last installment of the films on Netflix last night. What a blast! That was good clean fun.

My resolve stands. Still got the flu like symptoms. I talked to the nurse and he said as far as the last shot goes, it can be later on. It doesn’t have to be exactly 7 days for the third shot. In other words I can do it in a month. I’ll asses the situation Friday morning. Also, this is helping me not drink. So I guess there’s a benefit there.

I’m glad I have those HOKAS now because I think they are going to see some use. I’d like to get in shape over the next couple of months. Otherwise I have multiple hiking shoes and that’s it.

Day 6. Tomorrow 7. Next day 8.

I’ll check in later folks, thank you for the advice and support.

V🐍
Old 07-23-2018, 01:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Aprils!

HUGE congrats to Kgirl & Suze & Quit...you''re doing awesome, keep it up!!

I'm in the middle of my work day, but just wanted to jump on and say hello!

Here's to another sober day, choosing breath over death. It's that serious for me and I don't ever want to forget it!!! As time goes by, the brain will play tricks and tell you "it wasn't THAT bad" - well, in fact it was FAR worse than bad!! Learning to deal with life minus the easy escapes & numbing is tough sometimes, but well worth it. Desperately trying to figure out how to be a 'normal' drinker...those days are DONE.

Onward and inwards my friends: Daisy, Dee, Vipe, Donny, Strawberry, Erratic, Quit, Suze, Kgirl, Sunshine, Lovehoops, Nichole, Rowlands. Let's stick together on this boat. If you fall over, just climb back in ASAP, we've got ya!

Day 112

Old 07-23-2018, 01:42 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Haven’t found my day 1 I haven’t gave up I’m truly am trying I’m just under a lot of stress and depression I’m looking for answers in all the wrong places
Old 07-23-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

If I can figure out these questions I have maybe o can move on
Old 07-23-2018, 02:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Donny I’m sorry about that relapse, but very happy you’re here!!! 💚 Waking up with an unjury that your black-out, idiot side, got into is always a good time huh? I know it well my friend!! Don’t beat yourself up too hard. It never helps.

I’m all geared up because of 6 days sober, like I’m ready to jump down someone’s throat. The opportunity arose and I kind of did. These idiot, hillbilly, City Road Workers, come flying out of their facility across the street in their jacked up trucks every day at 3:30. It’s absolutely wreckless. I’ve got my old mom and dad up there walking around and and driving in and out. My sister was just backing out and the guy almost totaled out her car. Those Duck Dynasty tools will not be too happy tomorrow. The head of the facility is calling me at 9am. I tried for 6 months not to be a jerk, to just let it go, but maybe I’ll save someone’s life.

Alrighty, I’m going to do a little online shopping 😬. I just need to get ‘one’ little thing. Then food and Netflix. Sober night.

It’s downtight tropical here today 🌴. 80’s and very humid, with strong breezes and passing rains. I like it.

V 🐍
Old 07-23-2018, 02:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Nichole it’s ok that you haven’t found your day one. You’re trying. It’s a really tough struggle. Don’t give up!!! ❤️💚💙🦋
Old 07-23-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Viperidae View Post
Nichole it’s ok that you haven’t found your day one. You’re trying. It’s a really tough struggle. Don’t give up!!! ❤️💚💙🦋

Thanks vipe I’m starting to think people like me will never change what’s the point if I can’t seem to change
Old 07-23-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I’m so over being sick and tried nothing for me will ever change maybe I’m meant to live this life and die as an addict a lot of family and friends did what makes me different