Old 08-10-2018, 04:56 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by xxxnicholexxx View Post
day 2
so much easier getting the kids up in the morning for school sober
🙌🏻👍🏼💜
Old 08-10-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Have a great time, Daisy! Looking forward to hearing more about it!

I’ll give you an A+ for effort, Donny. How thoughtful we become when we’re not hungover. I’m sure your son really appreciates those kind acts. My kids LOVE it when I make a nice breakfast for them. I don’t do it often because I’m not a big breakfast person, but when I do , they are appreciative.

Day 5 here and the mood is stabilizing. Had a lovely night out with my husband. Even ended up at my favorite music place which happened to have a good band. I knew it was time to leave though when someone’s drink got spilled from the balcony above, and sprayed my shirt a bit. Bye bye. That’s my cue, it’s time to go. Zero temptation for me last night. Thankful for that.

Have a lovely sober weekend! Love to all.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:27 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Evening all xxxx hard day today but nearly finished !
My village is so busy now with family's from Athens staying for the holidays !
Yuck ... Love the quiet village in the winter !
Love and strength to all!
Old 08-10-2018, 11:35 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Hey everyone

So good to read positive posts! Well done Nicole, Quit, Donny and V 👏👏

I've just got home and showered and now in bed gonna watch some Netflix and eat some Crispy duck pancakes mmmmm! I would never have been able to imagine getting back from work and NOT having a drink especially with duck pancakes but I honestly don't think twice now. I picked my food up from Marks and Spencer and I always buy their diet sparkling pink cranberry lemonade which is delicious. So changes to my brain chemistry are occurring hurrah!! And the best part is I will sleep well tonight and wake up refreshed and hangover free tomorrow. I never ever had that when I was drinking and aside from being 100% present for my daughter that is the best thing that sobriety brings me and I thank my HP every night for getting my head on my pillow sober.

Keep fighting the fight everyone. Sobriety is totally worth it!!

Old 08-10-2018, 11:39 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Oh I forgot to say, yesterday I got up and was waiting for the shuttle to take me back to My Sister's Closet (oops! More spending eek) and I bumped into a guy on my crew. He had been out the evening before and he said he couldn't remember getting back to his room and he felt rotten! I felt so relieved that that wasn't me!!!
Old 08-10-2018, 03:47 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven’t been keeping up. I went from great to terrible. Yesterday I felt really good. Today I’m bad again. It’s the auto immune issues. Brutal. Quitting the booze made my system fly off the handle. I don’t know what’s causing this, but supposedly I don’t have any of the serious AI diseases out there. Not lupus, crohns, ulcerative colitis, etc etc.

I’m going to work with my APRN and others. Start a new cutting edge med etc.

I’m totally going off the wagon... and eating wheat tonight. I’m supposed to be off it. At least it’s not booze.

I’m not going to stop trying. I think it’s day 25, over and done with. Time for some TV and dinner.

I’ll get back as soon as I can.

V🐍
Old 08-10-2018, 04:46 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's gonna take a little time and care before you start feeling consistently good again Vipe - sounds like you're on the right track tho?

D
Old 08-10-2018, 05:22 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Dee, thanks. It’s too soon. I also have health stuff going on. I’m reacting to foods worse than ever before. Not drinking will get me better no matter what the issue is. Also I’ll have enough energy to help myself. I won’t just ignore things and put off getting better treatment forever, like when drinking.

Thanks D

V🐍
Old 08-10-2018, 05:35 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Evening Aprils

Hope you've all had a brilliant day, mines been a good one, hectic and noisy, but sober and happy memory making with the g.kids. We did the zip wires and the trampolines and I'm full of aches and pains and the traffic was gridlocked coming home and then to top it all the youngest g.child was sick. Looking on the bright side, my aches and pains are from having good, sober fun and not from falling and banging myself on God knows what and I'm going to bed happy.

Love it Nichole and honestly everything is so much easier when you're sober.

Yes Donny boy, zip wires and trampolines, he he, I'll have a go at anything, what the hell, we only live once, I wouldn't have even gone if I'd have been drinking. I'd have stayed at home hiding away, not answering the door, ignoring the telephone. I bet your scrambled egg omelette was delicious and wow you son is doing really well, he's a credit to you. How was the market? Did you get any bargains? How many pieces of pie did you eat and have you send me some?

I had a great time Quit thank you. Day 5 is good and I'm glad you got that date night with your husband, I think you needed it.

Strawberry, I hope you're tucked up nice and cosy in bed now and I hope you manage to find some time for you in your busy schedule. x

Hiya Suzy, you're sounding good, crispy duck pancakes in bed eh? Lol. Mmmm I love M & S food, a bit pricey I think, but it's good. So what did you buy from 'My sister's closet' I hope you found lots of bargains. Poor chap from your crew, I bet he's not tucked up in bed snacking on crispy duck. Sleep well.

I hope you're feeling better now Viper, it does take a good couple of months for your body to adjust to all the changes, but you're getting there. A few more weeks and you'll see a big difference. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis 2 years ago and was very poorly for a while. I was rushed into hospital on the verge of collapse, plus I also have an under active thyroid, Raynauds syndrome and other related auto immune issues and I know first hand that drinking was counteracting my medication and making my symptoms much worse. 4 months of not drinking alcohol and I feel so much better. Try not to overdo it with the wheat or you'll be all bloated tomorrow. Take good care of yourself.

I'm off to bed now, so good night all, good morning Dee.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:36 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Hi peeps, checking in late and ready for sleep. The market was good Daisymum and I have eaten poorly all day, but was sooo good! I just finished my 2nd piece of pie for the day and can’t keep my eyes open! Had a nice night watching tv which is rare for me, but much needed as far as the relaxation is concerned. I will read back and post in the morning 💜
Old 08-11-2018, 04:02 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good morning my fellow April reprobates
I hope you're all welll. Not many posts this morning and I hope that's because you are all busy doing fun things.

Not drinking will definitely help with all your health issues Viper, your medication will be far more effective.

Morning Donny boy, glad you got some relaxation in and I hope you had a restful nights sleep. That pie must have been good if you had seconds and I'm sure you can make up for it by eating healthily once it's all gone.

Back later, have the best Saturday you can. Love to you all. xxx

Thought for the day..... The days that you are most uncomfortable are the days you learn the most about yourself. xx
Old 08-11-2018, 09:08 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Hi April friends,

Daisy, It sounds like you had a great time! I would love to zip line and jump the trampolines! So glad you are making memories with your gkids. You are doing so well in sobriety. Is this the longest you’ve ever gone?

I’m at day 6 and feeling very thankful. Had a beatiful day yesterday which was only possible because I wasn’t drinking. Today should be good too. Love my Saturdays!

Hi Viper, Strawberry, KGirl, Bluesy, Donny, Snitch, 3Trees???, Erratic, Nichole, and who else?? I will go check since my phone won’t allow me.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:44 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Hi all.
All good here. Spent the afternoon at my mum and dads, family around, kids playing. My brother drinking as usual but it didn't bother me today. Am actually really enjoying sobriety at the moment and my life is definitely becoming more manageable day by day and my relationships with others are really good. And that's all done to putting the drink down and working a programme of recovery.

Off to bed now. Hope you've all had a good day.

Night x
Old 08-11-2018, 03:36 PM
  # 314 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

its late here so saying hay x spoke to husband and after tonight we are going to be on same page. So day 1 tomo, have to do this as daughter has been told that she has only some months to be staying at the place which she was told was going to be her home. so what can i say, if i need to let off steam and emotions is going to be with music and sleep and find the way.

great job on everyone with there days and months though. will be joining u again x

im working on my change, hard for me to change as how do i change my BPD but hey i think i need some of my anger and stubbornness to raise itself. sry i have to work on my emotions, and how far i have come is i have mellowed but i need motivation and will to live so guess bring a little of my old self.

here is one song which is me and working on xx

I couldn't tell you
Why she felt that way
She felt it everyday
And I couldn't help her
I just watched her make
The same mistakes again
What's wrong, what's wrong now
Too many, too many problems
Don't know where she belongs
Where she belongs
She wants to go home
But nobody's home
That's where she lies
Broken inside
With no place to go
No place to go
To dry her eyes
Broken inside
Open your eyes
And look outside
Find the reasons why
You've been rejected
And now you can't find
What you left behind
Be strong, be strong now
Too many, too many problems
Don't know where she belongs
Where she belongs
She wants to go home
But nobody's home
That's where she lies
Broken inside
With no place to go
No place to go
To dry her eyes
Broken inside
Her feelings she hides
Her dreams…
Old 08-11-2018, 04:53 PM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Erratic, I can hear a Motörhead riff behind those lyrics 🐍

Checking in. I’m still sick. I guess I’m going to see the APRN again. I got the idea that my Prozac which I had to augment with Welbutrin when it stopped working, is working even less and I’m in a constant state of withdrawals off an antidepressant I take every day. I need a med overhaul. The antidepressants do help my auto immune issues a lot. I guess the brain controls it all right? I’m at a loss. Sleeping constantly, weak, can’t eat anything without getting sick. I’m tired of it. Stupid psychiatrist is just going to switch to something else which will be a shot in the dark.

Not drinking though.

V
Old 08-11-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  

A late good evening Aprils
I hope the day has been a good one for you, all is good here. There's been a big drop in temperature this evening and I actually felt chilly, not felt like that for a while, plus it's forecast rain all day for tomorrow, never thought I'd be glad for rain but my lawns are desperate for a good soaking, they look like coir doormats.

Thank you Quit, I love spending time with my g.children, they are my favourite little people in all the world.
In answer to your question, no this isn't the longest time I've been sober, I've been a member of S.R before, a few years ago under a different name. I've had a few longish periods, 12 months, 11 months, 8 months, I've had 3 sober Christmas's, several birthdays etc, etc. I think this is probably why I haven't found it too much of a struggle, I haven't had bad withdrawals or strong desires to drink so I need to be extra careful and vigilant. It's difficult to explain but I seem to stay sober for months, then something really bad will happen and I get very stressed and anxious ( 9 times out of 10 it's been son related) and start secretly self medicating with wine. This makes me depressed, withdrawn and full of doubt and self loathing, I drink secretly for weeks, months even and then I'll get caught out. It may sound strange but for me the real battle will be when I hit 1 year and that seems so far away. I feel different this time though, I've had enough, I love being sober, I still get plenty of sh*t thrown my way, but I'm learning to deal with it. I will not be giving up this time, I quite like the sober me. What I will say to you is never, ever, ever give up, no matter how hard it is or how many times you fail, just get yourself back up, dust yourself down and jump back on the wagon. I truly wish I'd done that.
You will be on day 7 now Quit, a whole week has flown by and you've survived it. Keep on doing what you're doing, you've got this and we've got your back.

Suzy, welcome home, it sounds like you've had a lovely family day, you can't beat them. You're sounding good again now, just like the Suzy we've all come to know and love. Keep up the good work. xx

So pleased you've spoken to your husband Erratic, that's a step in the right direction. You have my full sympathy having to cope with BPD, it can't be easy but I'm pretty sure that being sober will make a difference.
That song is very moving, it brought tears to my eyes, thank you for sharing it.

Sleep well Aprils, I'm off to bed. See you tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2018, 05:13 PM
  # 317 (permalink)  

We cross posted Viper, I'm sorry you're still feeling rough. I know that all these symptoms will ease and taper off eventually, it's just how to cope with them in the mean time. Not drinking is the best thing you can do for yourself, the rest will follow slowly but surely. Hopefully your APRN will be able to advise. x
Old 08-11-2018, 06:56 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, just got home from a birthday party and yes I drank....lemonade😊 There was plenty of alcohol which I knew there would be, but I was resolved to the fact that I was not going to drink, and low and behold I actually had fun just eating and talking. Tired and ready for bed now so keeping it short.
Erratic, everything and everyone on here always starts with a day one. It’s your time so make the most of it. You got this👍🏼
Vipe, hope things get straightened out for you and through all of this, you still haven’t picked up a drink. I know you are feeling weak right now, but that is 150% strength my friend. I will be praying for better days ahead for you.
Ok this young man is off to the dream world, and looking forward to waking up for church. I find so much peace and clarity there. It’s sets the week off right for me and I mentally need that. Love to you all and sleep well💜
Old 08-11-2018, 09:54 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Donny ‘Lemonade’ 😂 You had me for a second.

Alrighty, time for sleep.

V
Old 08-12-2018, 02:11 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

Morn all xx

so day 1 begins, had a nice bath to wash away all smell of alcohol from my skin pores.

lol it should of been motorhead viper x sry to say it was avril lavigne which wasnt into listening to metal last night. However i should start listening to more of my metal bands as that would put me in fight mode for kicking my arse into gear. good job on staying sober hun, i know how hard it is with anti d withdrawals. I had a bad spell coming off a drug called doluxotine that was a nightmare with brain zaps, sickness, vertigo all sort of crap. was then put on sertraline which stopped working and led to symptoms the same as doluxotine which never had when i was on it years before. so now on prozac myself which has helped when put on higher dose. Not sure what will happen if i came off this one. xx so i hear u hun xx

thanks daisy and donny x

will check in later to see how u all are on this cloudy sunday here x