Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 362

Old 03-18-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

You are welcome Leigh
Old 03-18-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

24 more please! Hope you all are well. I’m super busy. I’ll check back in and catch up tonight Have a great Sunday.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:52 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

How are you dear Hats? We talk so much you never get a word in.....sending you so much love on this beautiful Sunday. ♥♥
Old 03-18-2018, 09:53 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

And Neoo love......hi...... ♥♥
Old 03-18-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
I've been so moved by the messages I've got today that I just going to go for it and see if anyone can help me.

I worry all the time. I manage to stay sober from around 3 - 6 week but the pressure I feel builts until it's intolerable. I drink to block it out. I'm really hungover today and it's a relief tbh. I cope when I'm sober by having rules for everything, obsessing about everything and then I start failing at things. I can't just be. I can't not just let myself be without feeling guilty/lazy/useless. Then the pressure keeps building. I don't know how to stop it. I know that I need to work on my self-worth because that's at the root of my social anxiety and that's when I usually begin relapse thinking. I have such a deep seated fear of rejection, of making mistakes, of being ridiculed or disliked that, day to day, I have safety behaviours and coping strategies for everything. It's utterly exhausting. I'm getting to the bottom of what caused my alcoholism in the first place. It's overwhelming. So that's some stuff...

The other stuff is that we moved to this small island 18 months ago. I love it, love my job, love our house, have made great friends and I think this is way I've been far more successful at gaining sober time/skills and finding SR (though that seems a bit laughable today.) My husband, on the other hand, hates it here, it terribly homesick and has been struggling ever since we moved. He just wants to give it all up and go home. He has also been drinking far more heavily than normal and, although he supportive, he also misses us drinking together and is feeling bad about drinking in front of me. I just want him to be happy, but I also don't want to walk away from everything.

If we go home at least I'll be able to go to AA, which is what I really want and I feel I need. I've been reading the BB and some of the other material and it fits perfectly with my understanding of myself and my own experience. This is a big chance from when I first joined SR back in August. I never thought AA would be for me but something spiritual has been happening and all of a sudden it clicked with me. I've been reading about step 4 and thinking about my own personal inventory. It really scared me and I spent a couple of days feeling emotional and frightened. I feel frightened most of the time. I think I would need support with the steps but I just can't do meetings here. There are 3 a week but the community is tiny and it would outing myself in the profession I work in. I not able to do that. I wouldn't feel safe sharing in that setting. So going maybe going home would be a good thing.

Then there's all the crap that makes it really confusing. Am I an alcoholic? Maybe I have had emotional problems and as those have improved my drinking has been less frequent. Maybe I just need to have a drink every few weeks and what's so wrong with that? But then I'm here posting. There's a voice inside me that is telling me to keep going because I'm on the right road. I think that's my HP. All this just goes round and round and round.

Anyway, I hope this isn't too much and thank you all for everything. I really appreciate you all and sorry for the drama. Gabe x
(((((Gabe)))))

You are on the right path, Gabe. I didn't do the steps but self-inventory is where I found so much Recovery.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:54 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Hello Venus
Old 03-18-2018, 09:55 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by shortstop81 View Post
Good morning all, it's 8:16am here in Mississauga. Another 24 for me please and thanks!
shortstop!!!!!!!!!!!!! ❤️

Have a lovely day, dear one! ❤️
Old 03-18-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by abcowboy View Post
"Don't be the person who passes up an opportunity to take positive action for their life. Be the kind of person who integrates positive change in their life. Be the kind of person who inspires others with their positive changes. Be the kind of person who takes charge of their life now." - Sonia Weyers

6:25am in Alberta, today is going to be a darn good day not to drink!

24 for me and anyone else who wants them please, and thanks...
, cowboy.

And another darn good day, indeed! ❤️
Old 03-18-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lostmyoffswitch View Post
In for a sober 24 hours
Greetings, Lost! ❤️
Old 03-18-2018, 09:59 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

24 More is the Plan of the Day!!!

Here we Gooooooooo............
Old 03-18-2018, 10:00 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gabe1980 View Post
I've been so moved by the messages I've got today that I just going to go for it and see if anyone can help me.

I worry all the time. I manage to stay sober from around 3 - 6 week but the pressure I feel builts until it's intolerable. I drink to block it out. I'm really hungover today and it's a relief tbh. I cope when I'm sober by having rules for everything, obsessing about everything and then I start failing at things. I can't just be. I can't not just let myself be without feeling guilty/lazy/useless. Then the pressure keeps building. I don't know how to stop it. I know that I need to work on my self-worth because that's at the root of my social anxiety and that's when I usually begin relapse thinking. I have such a deep seated fear of rejection, of making mistakes, of being ridiculed or disliked that, day to day, I have safety behaviours and coping strategies for everything. It's utterly exhausting. I'm getting to the bottom of what caused my alcoholism in the first place. It's overwhelming. So that's some stuff...

The other stuff is that we moved to this small island 18 months ago. I love it, love my job, love our house, have made great friends and I think this is way I've been far more successful at gaining sober time/skills and finding SR (though that seems a bit laughable today.) My husband, on the other hand, hates it here, it terribly homesick and has been struggling ever since we moved. He just wants to give it all up and go home. He has also been drinking far more heavily than normal and, although he supportive, he also misses us drinking together and is feeling bad about drinking in front of me. I just want him to be happy, but I also don't want to walk away from everything.

If we go home at least I'll be able to go to AA, which is what I really want and I feel I need. I've been reading the BB and some of the other material and it fits perfectly with my understanding of myself and my own experience. This is a big chance from when I first joined SR back in August. I never thought AA would be for me but something spiritual has been happening and all of a sudden it clicked with me. I've been reading about step 4 and thinking about my own personal inventory. It really scared me and I spent a couple of days feeling emotional and frightened. I feel frightened most of the time. I think I would need support with the steps but I just can't do meetings here. There are 3 a week but the community is tiny and it would outing myself in the profession I work in. I not able to do that. I wouldn't feel safe sharing in that setting. So going maybe going home would be a good thing.

Then there's all the crap that makes it really confusing. Am I an alcoholic? Maybe I have had emotional problems and as those have improved my drinking has been less frequent. Maybe I just need to have a drink every few weeks and what's so wrong with that? But then I'm here posting. There's a voice inside me that is telling me to keep going because I'm on the right road. I think that's my HP. All this just goes round and round and round.

Anyway, I hope this isn't too much and thank you all for everything. I really appreciate you all and sorry for the drama. Gabe x
Love and hugs . Being there it took me 36 years to see myself as an alcoholic my voice inside me is saying the same to keep going and that’s what I’m doing now sometimes one hour at the time ........
Old 03-18-2018, 10:01 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by vanaprastha View Post
24 more please.
, vana
Old 03-18-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Gabe, I cannot offer advice on where you live, in regards to support. There is a lot of stuff online. AA and SMART...I have done both. They have online meetings. All I know, for me is that my sobriety comes an equal first with all the other basics of life- like breathing. One strategy I use (which you will see a lot of here) is to remember HALTS. If I am feeling stressed or anxious or whatever I ask myself am I
Hungry- eat
Angry- mindful breathing, even a 5 minute walk, distract, journal,paint (I do both)
Lonely- visit a friend- go somewhere, just to be around humans, even if no interaction
Tired or Thirsty- nap-nap, or hydrate
Sad or stressed ???- meditate, walk, more mindful crap, chop some wood..ANYTHING!
It as amazing how much just eating a snack can lift my mood enough to cope. I am a great exponent of nana naps.
Rest, eat, hydrate.
It would be good if you had someone you could call, when stressed. A helpline, someone you know in AA?
Whatever you choose to do, posting at SR is a great beginning. Go wandering among all the threads and stories ar SR. Better than watching Judge Judy.
and Amen! ❤️
Old 03-18-2018, 10:03 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
(((((Gabe)))))

You are on the right path, Gabe. I didn't do the steps but self-inventory is where I found so much Recovery.
Thank you for your posts Leigh. I have a lot to look at when in comes to step 4. I need to be gentle with myself when I do, I've definitely learned that this week! This is so hard but then it's like I figure out the next bit and that adds to my understanding of what I'm dealing with. I'm going to be all about love, to myself and everyone else. Surely that is the antidote to all this.

Hope you are feeling a bit better now. Love to you xx
Old 03-18-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper View Post
24 please on a quiet, foggy morning with white-winged dove calling to each other. Glad I went outside—it’s quite lovely to hear.
Aren't they fabulous!!!!!!! ❤️
Old 03-18-2018, 10:05 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

"I'm going to be all about love, to myself and everyone else. Surely that is the antidote to all this."

It is Gabe, it really is. ♥♥♥♥♥
Old 03-18-2018, 10:06 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cornpone View Post
24 please for day 3.
also... I GOT THE NEW JOB! I start April 2. No more bartending for me!! Prayers answered !! ❤❤❤
Fantastic, cornpone!!!!

Yes, prayers answered!!!!!

. .
Old 03-18-2018, 10:07 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post

24 more hours of precious beautiful freedom please, with so much love to everyone.
❤️❤️❤️
Old 03-18-2018, 10:09 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Wow girl....so so well done....and boy, I'm thinking the host might just be one of us. (And I would have counted as well ).

Hope you have a lovely Sunday.
One of us - my thought, too! ❤️
Old 03-18-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Oh....Nick said he would absolutely have counted as well.....maybe all of us, ha!