Notices

24Hour Recovery Connections Part 362

Old 03-18-2018, 11:24 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Originally Posted by Kris47 View Post

We all can find our real identity.
O this made me cry. We should all find a way to Play today.

Weev in for 24 more at 6:20am totally clean and sober unless you count the coffee I’m drinking 😀
Old 03-18-2018, 11:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WeaverBird View Post
O this made me cry. We should all find a way to Play today.

Weev in for 24 more at 6:20am totally clean and sober unless you count the coffee I’m drinking ��
Me too!
Alcohol, cigarettes and bad food - gone! Try and take my coffee? NOT ON YOUR NELLY!!!!!
I'm trying an early start to see what that feels like haha!
How's your weather darling?
Do you think you might get out and about today?
I think one of these is on order to start your day
Old 03-18-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Another 24 please , 6.56am
Old 03-18-2018, 11:58 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

24 more please. Very sad to wake up to the news that Ant McPartlin, has put a 3 year old in hospital after a 3 car smash in London yesterday. Arrested for drink-driving. Not like he couldn't afford a taxi so no sympathy from me, I'm afraid.
Old 03-19-2018, 12:00 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Good morning all!
I'm having a catch up now because I can feel a busy day coming on. Got a 9.30 meeting and it will end up with a long list of jobs I'm sure!
Things are slowly calming down here. I actually managed to have a grown up talk with my partner about things and after a bit of a prickly start we came to an understanding. When things are good we are great. When things are tricky we are like a pair of kids.
He did at one point (when discussing my alcoholism) say "have you every thought what it's like for me?". Truth is not much I'm ashamed to say. I'm so focussed on myself I forget that he too has given up drinking (apart from very occasional nights out) and I don't get much space left in myself for us as a couple. Food for thought..........
I would love another 24 hours of freedom please. Lots of love to you all
Old 03-19-2018, 12:12 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zanna View Post
24 more please. Very sad to wake up to the news that Ant McPartlin, has put a 3 year old in hospital after a 3 car smash in London yesterday. Arrested for drink-driving. Not like he couldn't afford a taxi so no sympathy from me, I'm afraid.
Yes Zanna I saw that too. I was watching their show on Saturday night with the girls and was thinking to myself that how could he possible be in rehab one minute and a few weeks later be in Australia on live TV? And now this......
I have no room to be judgemental at all having been convicted of a DUI myself and riving under the influence many many times.....
Clearly he has rushed back to work (or been coerced into doing so) and hasn't addressed his addiction issues properly. As we now know putting the bottle (or indeed the pills) down is just the start of our journey.
I suspect he will pay a very high price for this. Not just a conviction but this may well end his career as we know it. Addiction doesn't care how rich or successful we are. It in a non-discriminating destroyer of lives. Poor Ant is facing up to this the hard way as many people do.
What I find quite upsetting is how I suspect he will very swiftly become vilified over this. Of course he has broken the law and risked lives. Who here hand on heart has never been in the situation where lives have been at risk? I certainly was often.
Do we judge and vilify a reckless act or do we sympathise with a fellow alcoholic for not addressing his addiction?
More food for thought......
Old 03-19-2018, 01:00 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

A bit of stress lately but all of us have to cope with that.
Keeping on track with the full realization of alcohols dreadful ways.
Sobriety has many rewards and I'm in for my share.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:29 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Morning JoJo, gorgeous one. Good luck with your 🕤

Still snowed in. Forces me to work on sitting with myself, the silence and stopping the racing thoughts. I’m doing 👌 but I do have an acute sense of when someone’s doing me an injustice and I really feel like that about my in laws. But, it’s the old question, do I want to be right or do I want to be happy? And since they are not here under the duvet with me right this moment isn’t that a relief!!! How grateful am I for that 😷😃

Love you honey and will pray for your work. Love for everyone and may we all get some work done and end our sober 24 feeling like we achieved something

Last edited by WeaverBird; 03-19-2018 at 01:32 AM. Reason: Weird emoji appeared!
Old 03-19-2018, 01:30 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

I'm in for my share too Bubovski!

Congratulations to everybody reaching a milestone today!
24 more please!

Thanks
Old 03-19-2018, 01:32 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

In for 24
Old 03-19-2018, 01:36 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Morning all. Its 8.35am here in the UK. Please count me in for another 24 hours sober and clean.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:54 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

It's 3:54 AM and I'm in for another sober 24.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:59 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

GOOD MORNING SR COMMUNITY! Miraculous Monday here in southern Indiana! All the arthritis in my body is rearing it's ugly head! But will that make me drink or take drugs? I THINK NOT!!!!!!! Congratulations to you if you are celebrating a milestone today! Even if you're not cause we are on a very important journey together! 24 more clean and sober hours please.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:03 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

24 please. 8.54am and still feeling a bit rough. Mentally better though. So today I'm starting to learn to love myself. I found some really good online CBT exercises to root out that awful inner critic, that part of me that thinks I'm worthless, and ask her to please vacate the building as she is not useful or helpful. She is generating all this fear and I don't want to be afraid, I want to be happy.
So LOVE to myself, LOVE to you all and praise to GOD 💗

Morning Jo, Morning Weev, Morning Zanna and everyone.

Congratulations to all our milestoners today !!

Jack, I can believe you were eating deep fried mars bars!!! I thought us up here were the only ones mad enough to deep fry chocolate. Where are you from?

Morning Juliet, Morning Tomls, almost missed you two! X
Old 03-19-2018, 02:18 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Another 24 please
Old 03-19-2018, 02:23 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-363-a.html (24Hour Recovery Connections Part 363)

D