Notices

Class of March 2016 part 67

Old 03-22-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Not good kiki love.
We are going for a walk....it may not be warm but it's Spring dammit.
Old 03-22-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
What’s everyone up to tonight? Relaxing and resting is boring.
It absolutely can be. It's also something we must do sometimes lest we wear ourselves down. The AV is brutal on weak spots.

Tonight I've tried to continue to remain engaged and get some work done. Though I don't post in Newcomers, I do read. Dee had a pair of his always wonderful posts:

"I think we came to rely on alcohol and drugs to help us feel certain ways or deal with certain things.

A lot of people can take it or leave it like that - but people like us can't.

I think the AV is kinda like the voice of our fear - the fear of change, the fear of being different, the fear of never having fun again, the fear of the unknown sober life and the fear of not being good enough..

Its the boogeyman in the closet or the monster under the bed - just as we grow out of those fears we can grow out of these ones too"

and

"I couldn't fight all day either - I got tired - so I took the option off the table.

No matter how much booze and drugs are around you, you have the choice of whether to partake or not.

All the stuff your head tells you about not being strong enough, or a little bit is ok. or if you had my life you'd be high too - all that is nonsense.

don't engage with the voice - treat it like a naughty toddler and let it have its tantrum - it will go to sleep eventually...and you can be that little bit stronger next time.

Thats what people mean by surrender - it's not lying down and letting your addiction win...its about not even going into battle.

Your AV needs you on board to get what it wants."
Old 03-22-2018, 05:47 PM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Laundry.....”loads of fun” 😝
Old 03-22-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Not good kiki love.
We are going for a walk....it may not be warm but it's Spring dammit.
Enjoy your walk!!! I mentally have the energy to walk but my legs don’t wanna move. Lol
Old 03-22-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
It absolutely can be. It's also something we must do sometimes lest we wear ourselves down. The AV is brutal on weak spots.

Tonight I've tried to continue to remain engaged and get some work done. Though I don't post in Newcomers, I do read. Dee had a pair of his always wonderful posts:

"I think we came to rely on alcohol and drugs to help us feel certain ways or deal with certain things.

A lot of people can take it or leave it like that - but people like us can't.

I think the AV is kinda like the voice of our fear - the fear of change, the fear of being different, the fear of never having fun again, the fear of the unknown sober life and the fear of not being good enough..

Its the boogeyman in the closet or the monster under the bed - just as we grow out of those fears we can grow out of these ones too"

and

"I couldn't fight all day either - I got tired - so I took the option off the table.

No matter how much booze and drugs are around you, you have the choice of whether to partake or not.

All the stuff your head tells you about not being strong enough, or a little bit is ok. or if you had my life you'd be high too - all that is nonsense.

don't engage with the voice - treat it like a naughty toddler and let it have its tantrum - it will go to sleep eventually...and you can be that little bit stronger next time.

Thats what people mean by surrender - it's not lying down and letting your addiction win...its about not even going into battle.

Your AV needs you on board to get what it wants."
I REALLY love this Thirteenth and Dee. Thanks so much for sharing!!! I’m gonna copy and paste it to my journal.
Old 03-22-2018, 06:23 PM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Laundry.....”loads of fun” ��
Eewww. Laundry sucks. I am washing and drying stuff but not folding today. My arms are tired too. Lol
Old 03-22-2018, 06:24 PM
  # 307 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy birthday Bobbie

D
Old 03-22-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
I REALLY love this Thirteenth and Dee. Thanks so much for sharing!!! I’m gonna copy and paste it to my journal.
To be fair to Dee, I'm sure there were others just as good. Those two struck me. And that's just today.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:49 PM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Good night everyone!
Old 03-22-2018, 09:00 PM
  # 310 (permalink)  

I went to the recovery art class today, intending only to give 'teach' her money I owed for fylers she organised for my exhib. I spent 2 hours (less moving bloke so did not get a parking ticket) just talking with her about art. Also showed her my little sketch book I take everywhere in case inspiration hit. I started a new piece...on a recylced canvas- very thick acryllic, with a fastener and applied on a larger canvas with a pallette knife..the first time I have used one. I mixed the colours on the canvas....almost like finger paining.

She, after the morning over and we went our sep. ways- scoped my exhib, which is about 3 minutes walk from the recovery place. She messaged me to say she thought it was good- thinks I should do more exhib's and did a one minute film she wants me to put on instragram...will see next FRIDAY.

Thus lady is ionly half way thru her arts degree, but has already had 3 of her works reach finalist stage in competitions which are aimed at very serious, very professional artists. No light weight. A good person too.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Bobbie, a very, very happy birthday wish for you. I think we should just call National Awesome Day, National Bobbieka Day - I know this sounds kind of corny in a way, but I mean it - Happy Birthday, friend.

13th, I love those all those words, but especially "I couldn't fight all day either - I got tired - so I took the option off the table." This is me.

Went to a neighborhood event tonight - many people getting very drunk - I actually managed to have a good time but I don't want to do that again anytime soon.

Sleep is sounding good right now. See you guys in the a.m.
Old 03-22-2018, 10:01 PM
  # 312 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
I went to the recovery art class today, intending only to give 'teach' her money I owed for fylers she organised for my exhib. I spent 2 hours (less moving bloke so did not get a parking ticket) just talking with her about art. Also showed her my little sketch book I take everywhere in case inspiration hit. I started a new piece...on a recylced canvas- very thick acryllic, with a fastener and applied on a larger canvas with a pallette knife..the first time I have used one. I mixed the colours on the canvas....almost like finger paining.

She, after the morning over and we went our sep. ways- scoped my exhib, which is about 3 minutes walk from the recovery place. She messaged me to say she thought it was good- thinks I should do more exhib's and did a one minute film she wants me to put on instragram...will see next FRIDAY.

Thus lady is ionly half way thru her arts degree, but has already had 3 of her works reach finalist stage in competitions which are aimed at very serious, very professional artists. No light weight. A good person too.
PHX-J, this is exciting. I'm very happy for you. This class has so many amazing talents - I'm thrilled to be along for the ride
Old 03-22-2018, 11:15 PM
  # 313 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

It’s raining here tonight....the soft kind of peaceful rain that whispers to me that everything is all right. My daughters are warm and safe. My three doggy friends are asleep in their beds....they seem to be spooning. I’m blessed to have shelter that protects eveyone most dear to me.

I cracked my window so I could hear the gentle drips and drops of spring. Grateful for water and grateful for my life. I can’t see the moon, although I know he’s there. He will always be there...he was before I arrived and will be long after I’m gone.

Every moment counts. And so I listen, and breathe, and hope I get another day to appreciate all that I have been given with eyes wide open in sobriety.

Good night friends.
Old 03-23-2018, 12:37 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

MITA- thank you. The lady artist had suggested I do the same Bach- Arts she is doing, but I do not want to turn a passion into obligation...not to mention the costs, not only fees but the professional materials. I am thinking car boot sales artistry for me. The whole reason for doing and exhib? Hard to pinpoint, certainly not for money- my works are far too eclectic for that (except perhaps one- the Flaming Phoenix I did), not for recognition..more to do with closure of that sad time in my life (burns). Wait and see.

As to attending events where people get more drunk as time goes on...I do not miss being a drunk, or being with people who get that drunk. I do not fel threatened or tempted, it just does not interest me. Mind I have the scars to remind me...
Old 03-23-2018, 01:46 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

PJ - I suspect you have quite a well of artistic talent to draw upon.
More than car-boot-sale level, I believe.
I shall watch your future progress with interest
Old 03-23-2018, 03:39 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

Morning. Checking in on my way to work.

Bobbie - happy birthday!! (yesterday)

PJ - congrats on your successes. You continue to be an inspiration

Thirteenth - thanks for the share. I especially liked what Dee said about our AV and fear. Certainly makes a lot of sense.

Purplrks - how are you doing this morning?

Well better be off. Looking forward to the end of the day. Love you all ❤️
Old 03-23-2018, 05:23 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

Happy belated birthday Bobbie!

You are indeed awesome.

Make it a good day everyone!
Old 03-23-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post

One day I am going to go on and on about how I knew you when....

.....I am so happy for you and so proud of you. It feels like you can see a little of how amazing you are.

Really glad you have such fantastic input from another artist you respect.

Love and good morning Marchies.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LillianGish View Post
It’s raining here tonight....the soft kind of peaceful rain that whispers to me that everything is all right. My daughters are warm and safe. My three doggy friends are asleep in their beds....they seem to be spooning. I’m blessed to have shelter that protects eveyone most dear to me.

I cracked my window so I could hear the gentle drips and drops of spring. Grateful for water and grateful for my life. I can’t see the moon, although I know he’s there. He will always be there...he was before I arrived and will be long after I’m gone.

Every moment counts. And so I listen, and breathe, and hope I get another day to appreciate all that I have been given with eyes wide open in sobriety.

Good night friends.
Beautiful post Lillian darling. Beautiful you.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:09 AM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Happy Friday to ya'.

Startin' fluid shore is good this morning. Gonna' have some breakfast in a bit and then get my day started. Gonna' be a good one. I can already tell.

Don't drink. It's stupid!!!