View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 07:02 AM
  # 318 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
I went to the recovery art class today, intending only to give 'teach' her money I owed for fylers she organised for my exhib. I spent 2 hours (less moving bloke so did not get a parking ticket) just talking with her about art. Also showed her my little sketch book I take everywhere in case inspiration hit. I started a new piece...on a recylced canvas- very thick acryllic, with a fastener and applied on a larger canvas with a pallette knife..the first time I have used one. I mixed the colours on the canvas....almost like finger paining.

She, after the morning over and we went our sep. ways- scoped my exhib, which is about 3 minutes walk from the recovery place. She messaged me to say she thought it was good- thinks I should do more exhib's and did a one minute film she wants me to put on instragram...will see next FRIDAY.

Thus lady is ionly half way thru her arts degree, but has already had 3 of her works reach finalist stage in competitions which are aimed at very serious, very professional artists. No light weight. A good person too.
One day I am going to go on and on about how I knew you when....

.....I am so happy for you and so proud of you. It feels like you can see a little of how amazing you are.

Really glad you have such fantastic input from another artist you respect.

Love and good morning Marchies.