Notices

Class of March 2016 part 67

Old 03-16-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Casey Casey Casey!!!
Old 03-16-2018, 11:30 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hey, guys! Hi immri!

Ready for the weekend. Going to watch my niece in a musical. Driving to Wisconsin in the morning. Will be a lot of fun.

Have an awesome day, guys!
Old 03-16-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

March 16, 2018
– NATIONAL PANDA DAY
– NATIONAL EVERYTHING YOU DO IS RIGHT DAY
– NATIONAL FREEDOM OF INFORMATION DAY
– NATIONAL ARTICHOKE HEARTS DAY
Old 03-16-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Thought for the Day

Before we decide to quit drinking, most of us have to come up against a blank wall. We see that we're licked, that we have to quit. But we don't know which way to turn for help. There seems to be no door in that blank wall. A.A. opens the door that leads to sobriety. By encouraging us to honestly admit that we're alcoholics and to realize that we can't take even one drink, and by showing us which way to turn for help, A.A. opens the door in that blank wall. Have I gone through that door to sobriety?

Meditation for the Day

I must have a singleness of purpose to do my part in God's work. I must not let material distractions interfere with my job of improving personal relation ships. It is easy to become distracted by material affairs, so that I lose my singleness of purpose. I do not have time to be concerned about the multifarious concerns of the world. I must concentrate and specialize on what I can do best.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may not become distracted by material affairs. I pray that I may concentrate on doing what I can do best.
Old 03-16-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Stay safe Mish.....hopefully Marcus won't be much of a threat. Fingers crossed!

Well it's four times now that my old weekend job has reached out trying to get a shift covered. I sent my dad a text & he replied:

"Tell them when you're available you'll call them. (Don't say 'Bitch' at the end.)"
Old 03-16-2018, 08:40 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

That’s pretty funny, Purple. Leaving in the morning. Will try and check in.

Stay safe and sober, friends.

Night.
Old 03-16-2018, 09:38 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Good night everyone. Here is hoping for a restful nights sleep tonight.

Purps your dad and I would get along beautifully 😝
Old 03-17-2018, 01:55 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Mornin' Marchers. Just checkin' in. Feel like crap this morning. Some days are better than others. This is an "others"!!!
Hope you feel better soon BBG. Hows that brain fog going. Mine has returned again.
Old 03-17-2018, 01:56 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Casey Casey Casey xxx
Old 03-17-2018, 03:42 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Top o' the mornin' (lads? I don't know the lingo! lol) Anyway, one cuppa startin' fluid down...haven't seen our dear Venuscat....hope she's okay!

Old 03-17-2018, 06:59 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Hi gang - startin' fluid in hand, but headed back to be shortly.

Not feeling 100% this morning, for all the wrong reasons. My son is visiting, and is headed back today. He was having a cigar and a drink when I got home - I decided to join him with the cigar (at first), and just moved on to the drinking part. He does not know how bad my drinking gets - we've always been very careful to not drink much in front of the kids (young adults now). I didn't have a crazy amount last night either, but enough to put a damper on my brain this morning and give me some of that good 'ol "hangxiety".

Anyway, it's March and it's St. Patrick's Day - a fitting new Day 1 I suppose. I had only made it through 48 days this past time, so that's not particularly good. I'm going to go back and read Dee's post on making a plan - I don't know what else.

Good to see everyone, especially Immri and Pelagic!!

I'll check in later - don't drink, it's dumb
Old 03-17-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Mornin' Marchers. Chug-a-luggin' startin' fluid!

Mish "quote" doesn't seem to be working for me. Just wanted to say my brain fog has never left. It's much less on some days but it's always present. I'm just hoping time will fix it! I'm worried about Casey too!!!
Old 03-17-2018, 08:04 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

(((MITA))) Reviewing a plan sounds like a good plan! Glad you came right back and posted

It's nice out so I went for a walk....haven't exercised in a while.....feeling tired after walking for only 45 minutes!?!? Anyway, AV started to whisper a little so I'm not sure if I'll go anywhere today....maybe just say put and stick close to SR
Old 03-17-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Hi guys, quick check in before I finally get my butt moving. I went to a really good meeting at a treatment center yesterday. There were only 2 people from the “outside” there and about 10 people who were patients. It was so sad and humbling. Some of the people have lost literally EVERYTHING because of alcohol. One woman even lost her little dog which was the only thing she had left. She had already lost her family, friends, home, job, car etc. She finally just gave up on herself and tried to kill herself. By the grace of God she survived and is in treatment. You could see the pain and dispair in her empty eyes. She was in her 60s and I couldn’t help but think that if I keep drinking that’s where alcohol will take me. To a life of pain and misery. I’ve been praying for her.

Being at that meeting showed me that alcoholics cannot drink...even one drop! The inevitable ending to our incurable disease is pain, misery & death. I think I will stay sober today! Alcohol is evil!

There was another woman there who had burn scars all over her face, arms & hands. I couldn’t see the rest of her body. She just kept crying and asking if there is hope for her. So sad.

I’m going back next week. It was good for me to see all the “yets” for me if I drink again and to also offer my experience, strength and hope. I left that meeting full of gratitude that only am I sober, but that I don’t have to drink again and let it get that bad. Thank you God. I will keep praying for them.

Have a good day everyone. I’m gonna go to the store. My court sentencing is Monday morning. I could use a few prayers. Love you all!
Old 03-17-2018, 09:35 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Hi gang - startin' fluid in hand, but headed back to be shortly.

Not feeling 100% this morning, for all the wrong reasons. My son is visiting, and is headed back today. He was having a cigar and a drink when I got home - I decided to join him with the cigar (at first), and just moved on to the drinking part. He does not know how bad my drinking gets - we've always been very careful to not drink much in front of the kids (young adults now). I didn't have a crazy amount last night either, but enough to put a damper on my brain this morning and give me some of that good 'ol "hangxiety".

Anyway, it's March and it's St. Patrick's Day - a fitting new Day 1 I suppose. I had only made it through 48 days this past time, so that's not particularly good. I'm going to go back and read Dee's post on making a plan - I don't know what else.

Good to see everyone, especially Immri and Pelagic!!

I'll check in later - don't drink, it's dumb
I’m sorry MITA. Alcohol is cunning, baffling and powerful! Don’t look back...just look forward. You’ve come such a long way. We love you!!! We are all in this fight together!
Old 03-17-2018, 10:02 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Hugs MITA.

We are watching Charlotte’s Web and I’m sippin my startin fluid. We finished the book yesterday and oh my the tears in my daughters eyes when Charlotte died. I LOVE that it touched her that deeply. My son, typical boy, had this “oh that sucks” look on his face 😂

Happy St. Patty’s Day everyone!
Old 03-17-2018, 11:29 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing, Kiki.... I should get my butt to a meeting myself. Sending good thoughts and hugs for your appointment on Monday

I'm still home, watching movies and decided to continue on a counted cross-stitch I started over a year ago. It's gonna take a while, but if & when I get it done it will be a picture of.....wait for it....you guessed it.... PUPPIES!
Old 03-17-2018, 03:58 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Hi guys, checking in. Grateful st Patty’s day isn’t a big thing around here. We got some crazy weather though so that’s excitement enough for me! How is it up there Mish?

Glad you came back and were honest right away MITA that was always the part that messed me up
Old 03-17-2018, 04:10 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hey Immri! Was Marcus headed your way too? Hope you weren't affected too badly by it.

So far so good here ....it's surprisingly quiet in the neighborhood (next door neighbors tend to whoop it up on holidays) but it's been pleasant. I hope I didn't speak too soon! I'm getting old, aren't I?
Old 03-17-2018, 04:20 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

We aren’t in the path but close enough to get some crazy wind and rain! Where I used to live (different state) we never had any weather but heatwaves lol so it’s been interesting! We were never in any danger at all though, hoping everyone up north is ok