SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 part 67 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/424877-class-march-2016-part-67-a.html)

Dee74 03-13-2018 04:36 PM

Class of March 2016 part 67

last thread here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-66-a-20.html

D

Thirteenth 03-13-2018 04:44 PM

Can I get shotgun, Mr. Kotter?

Hope all are well. Still snowing, looks like about .6 meters will be the going rate.

Sam, how are you doing? Miss your updates.

Purplrks3647 03-13-2018 05:09 PM

Thanks Dee! :c017:

Trying to snap out of another funk.....sober today so that's a good start....mindful crap....must be time for another guided meditation :Meditate:

Glad to have you all here so I don't have to do this alone! :tyou

:grouphug:

samantha14 03-13-2018 05:27 PM

Hey guys. Checking in tonight. Has been a few days (maybe more?) and I am sorry to be MIA....just working out a few kinks.

My stay-cation lasted exactly three days and then today I ended up back at work. Maybe not good for my peace of mind, but good for my sobriety. Idle hands are certainly not my friends. And so I am home, sipping some peppermint tea and snuggled with Charlie (although that sounds too idyllic.....more like she's taken over 3/4 of the couch and I'm relegated to a tiny corner...lol)

Feeling pretty grateful tonight to be a part of this amazing family with all of you :grouphug:

samantha14 03-13-2018 05:30 PM

Thirteenth - more snow here too. Really over it already.

Purplrks - I hear you on the funk. Did a meditation myself tonight and forced myself outside for a brisk (aka freezing) walk with Charlie after work. Helped but have to pay attention to the signs and put the work in when needed.

venuscat 03-13-2018 05:48 PM

Hi :) ♥♥

PeacefulRain 03-13-2018 06:23 PM

Ha ha BBG I wouldn’t lie to ya!

I think I’m finally back to my normal self again. Thank God!

beerbgone 03-13-2018 06:29 PM

I didn't think you were lying Pr. Just thought you were doin' a little leg pullin'! LOL

beerbgone 03-13-2018 06:39 PM

Gonna' put on PJ's and watch the rest of BBT. See ya' tomorrow friends.

Purplrks3647 03-13-2018 06:39 PM

I found this online.....mark your calendars! :lmao:

https://s18.postimg.org/78iqwr3zt/Ap...umber-_Day.png

beerbgone 03-13-2018 06:41 PM

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

KiKi0615 03-13-2018 07:04 PM

Dee: Thanks for the new page! Have we broken any records yet? Ha!

Thirteenth: How you doing? Snowing pretty hard where you are, eh? I’m ready for spring! It’s been an extra long winter for me this year.

Purp: Ugh....I hate “funks”! I was in a really bad one last weekend. I cut out caffeine and added more sleep and seem to be turning the corner. Hang in there! P.S. I can’t wait until National Plumber day! Lol

Sam: Hey! Good to see you! We missed you! :-)

Suze: Hi!

PeacefulRain: What exactly does it mean to be “normal”? Hahahaha

BBG: Hi and goodnight BBG. Enjoy your show!

Night everyone! Xo :grouphug:

PeacefulRain 03-13-2018 07:12 PM

I said MY normal self.....that’s still completely abnormal 😝

PhoenixJ 03-13-2018 08:51 PM

I had a lovely 2 hour drive to the GP. I left at the beginning of peak hour...and went side street exploring..any excuse to drive at present.
The xray of my lefyt shoulder shows the 2 bones in the middle- just do not connect. It will not effect funtion now or in the future...I just look weird on the left side from a huge bump- in the middle of the shoulder bones, and burns making my right shoulder slope down- but higher than the other. The only thing that could be done is plate and screws and bone grafting...nope.

My bloods are all good- cholesterol is down significantly since I started being mindful. BP, P and BGL all normal. As is my liver and kidneys. The kidney one- well I went into renal shutdown in hospital because of the burns (only happens in BND* patients).
The doc suggested immigran..a medication to use when a migraine hits. Or increase my anti-d (has pain reducing props for neuropathic pain) or go on a BP lowering drug, always. No - just the prn med will do (I hope).
Also the tests for bowel cancer (a homekit - where you scoop your poo and mail it to a laboratory provided) are negative. They recommend this being done yearly for over 50's. I had a test on prostate recently (every 2 years). That just leaves eyes and ears.
The local J-witnesses wait behind a bush at a very busy pedestrian crossing on a main road (part of national highway) and pounce on people waiting to cross. Do not like this, no,no,no.

Purplrks3647 03-14-2018 02:55 AM

Glad you're taking good care of yourself and enjoying the cruising, PJ! :)

Having some startin' fluid with some healing background music....hoping to stay calm and focused.....I get in these funks where I make a mistake at work, then get so flustered I screw up even more! Thinking maybe find some of this relaxing music for my iPod (or will I just fall asleep LOL)

Hope everyone has a better-than-okay day! :tyou

samantha14 03-14-2018 04:13 AM

Morning!

PJ - sounds like you’re doing really well!! Love to hear you sound happy!

PR - abnormal is so much better than normal! Glad you’re feeling better!!

BBG - April 25th really isn’t that far away! Better get practicing some hugging!!!

Purplrks - hope you have a great day!

Well I’m off to work too. Still working on building this massive software project. Learning a lot but also scratching my head and wondering who thought giving the girl, who can’t even figure out how to turn off the ringer on her phone this type of project, was a good idea. Lol. Wish me luck!!

Happy hump day!

PhoenixJ 03-14-2018 04:19 AM

Was happy, now preoccupied with medical journal paper- with me in it on the web...burns stuff. I learnt more from reading it online than ever was explained to me.

venuscat 03-14-2018 07:41 AM

Sending love PJ. ♥

venuscat 03-14-2018 07:42 AM

So cold.....need to heat up my coffee. Love to all. ♥♥

beerbgone 03-14-2018 08:21 AM

Mornin' Marchers. Late check in. Almost through with startin' fluid. It's sausage 'n biscuit time!