Notices

Class of March 2016 part 67

Old 03-21-2018, 03:02 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
It says something that you notice it while you are still drinking, 13th. You'd be amazed at your productivity without alcohol.
I wonder if it says something that I realize it and still haven't addressed it in an effective way.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I wrote one a long time ago.....it's there.....I think....maybe not....I will find it for you.
I need to re-write it.

I found it. I don't think it's true anymore.

I don't think I knew the truth of who I was at all until I figured out who the heck I am now. Sorry if that is convoluted. But you have inspired me to do some writing.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thirteenth View Post
I wonder if it says something that I realize it and still haven't addressed it in an effective way.
No......not the negative side love.....it says something amazing about you.
Your insights and heart and intellect refuse to quit no matter what you do to them. You are a force.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:10 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Thanks guys....I don't want to go into detail but I appreciate you all being here. It's inspired me to get some writing done too
Old 03-21-2018, 03:16 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  

I'll dig it out as I've probably read it but didn't see it readily. I'll look forward to the rewrite as things have changed a little bit what with the continental move and all.

Had a weird moment. I didn't plan to post again as I've clearly been quite needy today. However, I took another look around and actually thought to myself if something happened to me that a comment something like this might occur: well, we won't need to do an autopsy since it's clear why/how he died. Yikes. I need to get a damn grip! I'm not in any danger it just kinda hit me.

Bobbie, have you written one aside from your AA story from last year? I'd be interested to read that as well.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:57 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Have you guys read the vitamin cure for alcoholism? Basically it says high doses niacin is the cure for alcoholism. I don’t take high doses, I take 250mg of PLAIN niacin (full flush version) the non-flushing seems to be pretty bad especially if you do take high doses. I also take a B-vitamin that has 100mg of all b-vitamins which includes niacin. So I’m taking 350 mg of niacin a day. I have noticed a drastic improvement in my mental health. All those symptoms of depression were gone which for me is apathy and anger. I haven’t taken it a week now and I am back to my angry self. Today I really saw and felt it. My experiment is over and I’m back to my vitamins tomorrow. I don’t know if it’s the cure for alcoholism but one this is certain, we alcoholics are definitely depleted of vitamins. Those vitamin definitely play a huge role in my mental health. I might work up to high doses of niacin and who knows maybe it will make a difference in my alcoholism but for now I’m happy with it just making me feel better.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:19 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Thanks guys....I don't want to go into detail but I appreciate you all being here. It's inspired me to get some writing done too
I am here and also here honey....really....call, text, whatever.....love you so much. ♥♥♥♥
Old 03-21-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

I'll dig it out as I've probably read it but didn't see it readily. I'll look forward to the rewrite as things have changed a little bit what with the continental move and all.

Had a weird moment. I didn't plan to post again as I've clearly been quite needy today. However, I took another look around and actually thought to myself if something happened to me that a comment something like this might occur: well, we won't need to do an autopsy since it's clear why/how he died. Yikes. I need to get a damn grip! I'm not in any danger it just kinda hit me.

Bobbie, have you written one aside from your AA story from last year? I'd be interested to read that as well.
Far out.....those are powerful moments. I have had moments like that.
You get to listen or not.....up to you. I know what we all want for you.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Have you guys read the vitamin cure for alcoholism? Basically it says high doses niacin is the cure for alcoholism. I don’t take high doses, I take 250mg of PLAIN niacin (full flush version) the non-flushing seems to be pretty bad especially if you do take high doses. I also take a B-vitamin that has 100mg of all b-vitamins which includes niacin. So I’m taking 350 mg of niacin a day. I have noticed a drastic improvement in my mental health. All those symptoms of depression were gone which for me is apathy and anger. I haven’t taken it a week now and I am back to my angry self. Today I really saw and felt it. My experiment is over and I’m back to my vitamins tomorrow. I don’t know if it’s the cure for alcoholism but one this is certain, we alcoholics are definitely depleted of vitamins. Those vitamin definitely play a huge role in my mental health. I might work up to high doses of niacin and who knows maybe it will make a difference in my alcoholism but for now I’m happy with it just making me feel better.
Errrrrrr NO. This is the first time I have heard this.
But I am listening and very interested.....in everything you say and do by the way, and who exactly says that you are not working now? Mum? Teacher? ♥♥♥
Old 03-21-2018, 04:27 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

All I know about drinking is- it just made everything worse the next day. Also drinking and apathy and isolation for me were screaming- depression. Something that needs monitoring with my GP.
Support to all.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Yup, the simplest answer is f drinking, drinking sucks. If I could get it through my skull it would be helpful.
Old 03-21-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Never give up Thirteenth!!!
Old 03-21-2018, 05:27 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

PR I've got Niacin and B Vitamins on my shopping list. Maybe that's what I need to get rid of brain fog!
Old 03-21-2018, 06:46 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Yup, the simplest answer is f drinking, drinking sucks. If I could get it through my skull it would be helpful.
Ah ha....maybe there in lies the problem. Cos drinking did not suck at all for me. Drinking was magic. Awesome. The bomb....

....it was life that sucked. Cos it got in the way of my drinking. If only I had enough time to sleep when I wanted and do a hangover with no one bothering me....easey peasey.....but that's not actually life. That is a solitary self-indulgent existence that ends up sucking the life out of you. Because you end up being an amoeba....or feeling like one. Just a useless slug that no longer has any real purpose.

The alcohol is not the issue. It never was. It is our decision to abuse the alcohol over and over and over that is the problem. It is nuts. We know it is nuts.

That's why we need help. Because trying to beat the crazy is impossible by yourself.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:26 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

PJ's time friends. See ya' at startin' fluid time tomorrow!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:29 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Hey 13th. I feel I get a little apathetic when I drink, but not as much as I just get incapacitated. I do almost nothing for at least a day, sometimes it's 2 or 3 days until I felt okay - such a waste of time! I've never tolerated hangovers well.

I hope everyone is having a good day I went to the movies and watched Black Panther (finally) - it's very good.

Keep moving forward - see everyone tomorrow!!
Old 03-21-2018, 07:30 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good stuff, Venus. I needed that tonight.

This evening has been a semi-rough one, at least in my own head. But I didn't drink and it's bedtime now. That's a win. Thanks to all of you for being here.
Old 03-21-2018, 08:32 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
March 21, 2018
– NATIONAL SINGLE PARENT DAY
– NATIONAL KICK BUTTS DAY
– NATIONAL COUNT DOWN DAY
– NATIONAL COMMON COURTESY DAY
– NATIONAL FRAGRANCE DAY
– NATIONAL CALIFORNIA STRAWBERRY DAY
– NATIONAL FRENCH BREAD DAY
Shout out to single parents and people kicking butts with some common courtesy!

Come to think of it, a snack does sound delightful although strawberries are not in season here in Cali...they come from Mexico and they are not ripe on the inside, even though they are red on the outside.

French bread hurts my teeth so.....hard pass.

Time to read posts in 5...4...3...2...1.... click
Old 03-21-2018, 08:38 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Velveteen Rabbit

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Good stuff, Venus. I needed that tonight.

This evening has been a semi-rough one, at least in my own head. But I didn't drink and it's bedtime now. That's a win. Thanks to all of you for being here.
Hang in there Casey.

Yes Venus, thank you for the reminder that alcohol isn’t the problem...it’s my inability to stop.

I do love sleeping better now and waking up with no hangover!
Old 03-21-2018, 08:40 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Me too.
And on that note, love and goodnight.