Notices

Class of March 2016 part 67

Old 03-25-2018, 04:42 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Well shucks 'n be darned. A really great weekend ruined because there's not one episode of "Big Bang Theory" tonight. Not one!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:41 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
I'm pretty tired, so I'm gonna call it a day pretty soon.

Somehow, I got my number of days sober math screwed up - must be suffering from some brain fog myself Tomorrow will be 1 week for me, seeing as I woke up sober on 3/17. I think I literally forgot what day it was part-way through the week!! Ha. Definitely need more sleep.

Thanks for being here today everyone. Bring on the weekend!!
Congrats on 1 week MITA! Probably 9 days now?
Old 03-25-2018, 05:42 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
congrats KK. When I moved out of the communal beginning part of the recovery program I was in- staff on duty gathered at the bottom of the stairs I came down...ready to go to the next recovery part (own unit). They congrat'd me on graduating and gave me a laminated cert. I was sincerely touched and keep it safe.
A very significant achievement. good for you.

Big post in Whiner's about how people should not act- because they react, and the importance of calming down first. The HALTS bit. Well I had to listen to my own advice over a parking spot...which I did ok.
Thanks P! It feels good to help others instead of always taking!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:43 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Happy Belated Birthday Bobbie

Kiki did you write that poem? That's awesome

Hey everyone, I don't want to go into detail and bring you all down, but things aren't good and I drank the last two nights. Hoping to pull myself together and figure out what the hell I'm gonna do next.
Haha NO I didn’t write that. I hate to say it but I don’t think I could write something like that sober! A friend from AA sent it to me.

And glad to see you’re still here dispite a slip. We love you no matter what! :-)
Old 03-25-2018, 05:48 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
Good morning/evening everyone. A quiet weekend and it's time to clear out the veggie garden. Some years we don't plant much because we're often traveling. This year I want fresh greens early! And we have to get the tomatoes in early because we have a big problem with late-season blight around here, and I don't use chemicals.

So I'm out of home-grown canned tomatoes! That is not good.

Hey, have a great weekend everyone. You guys rock.
Mmmm! I’m gonna plant my veggie garden this year too. Nothing like fresh vegetables. Half the vegetables at the store don’t even taste like veggies anymore. I didn’t plant a garden last year because I was too wrapped up in my drink-hangover-self hatred cycle. Never again! Sobriety gets better and better every day!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:52 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pelagic263 View Post
PJ, you can have all the bricks you want from my yard. I can't put a shovel in the ground without hitting a brick or a rock or a slab of old concrete. It's ridiculous.

I kid you not, I dug up half a tombstone. Someone who died Feb. 4, 1863, aged 29 years. I'm sure the other half is out there with the name on it but I haven't hit it yet. I've wanted to dig into the records to find out who it was though. It's beautifully carved and we keep it on the back porch. RIP. Memento mori.

Someone told me this used to be a graveyard, but they moved it. Weird stuff for sure. But have a good day everyone! Busy day for me, which is good.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:53 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beerbgone View Post
Well shucks 'n be darned. A really great weekend ruined because there's not one episode of "Big Bang Theory" tonight. Not one!!!
Boooooo!!!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Congrats on 6 months Suze!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:54 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Thank you huni ♥♥
Old 03-25-2018, 05:56 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Well friends...I had a good weekend & went to a great meeting tonight. I’m gonna head to bed because I have a doctor appt bright & early in the morning (yuck) and then therapy and then an AA meeting. I will definitely be armed and ready for any sudden AV attack that could occur. Hahahaha.

Sleep tight!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:57 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Thank you huni ♥♥
You’re welcome & you’re awesome!
Old 03-25-2018, 05:59 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

I hope your morning goes well KiKi love.....goodnight and huge hugs. xx ♥♥
Old 03-25-2018, 07:28 PM
  # 393 (permalink)  

PJ's time friends. Thanks for keeping me sober this weekend. See ya' at startin' fluid time in the morning!
Old 03-25-2018, 08:17 PM
  # 394 (permalink)  

BBG, sorry there was no BBT on TV for you. I am bored with pretty much everything on these days. I have a couple of Netflix series I try and watch, but nothing at the moment really excites me.

Kiki, hope you have good day tomorrow - keeping busy is a good idea!!

Suze, you are a beautiful person. Thanks for everything.

Bobbie, hope you are having a good weekend!

Sam - what's up??

Hope everyone else had a nice day!! See you all in the morning
Old 03-25-2018, 09:55 PM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Announced at my meeting, standing down as sec in a week. Have a new art group and an ACA meeting instead. A guy who has been staring at me a lot in meetings (turns out he was) worked out I was a mental health nurse in the high security lock up for bad, mad people. I will not miss this meeting much...hard work to run...smoothly.
One girl told of how she used to divert all her partner's phone call, as well as his friends calls to her phone. She said this resulted in one guy- a hubby and dad, being beaten to death.
My story is as about as extreme as I want to go.
Old 03-26-2018, 05:22 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Good morning crew!

Here in PA, I kid you not, a school superintendent has proposed putting 5 gallon buckets of rocks in schoolrooms so the students can throw them at anyone armed with a gun. Huh?!?

MITA, over the weekend I watched a couple episodes of David Letterman's new Netflix show, "My Next Guest Needs No Introduction" and I really enjoyed it. He interviewed Barack Obama and George Clooney, and it was just so nice to listen to two people having a cool conversation. And Letterman's "retirement beard" is a hoot. He says he'll never shave it off.

Purps, so glad you came right back. We need you here.

Kiki, I hope your Dr. appt. goes well. You are doing just great! Proud of you.

We have a big ole' tomcat hanging around. Both our cats are male and fixed so I'm not sure why he's hanging around, but it's that time of year so....

His tomcat head is the size of a softball, but he's sweet as can be and he gets along well with our two kitties.

Lots to do today, but I hope you all have a good one!
Old 03-26-2018, 05:38 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Pel- yes the rocks bucket was news in Adelaide this morning.
Went to an ACA meeting tonight. I will keep going, as already getting feelings and thoughts from yester year beginning to make more sense.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:43 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Good morning guys! I had an awesome weekend. Birthday massage my friends surprised me with, girl movies, just great down time. Not sure we stumbled on the Holy Grail, but we definitely filled our spirits. It was a great recharge.

Purps, you got this. Maybe it's time to get back to meetings? I have found that sometimes I need to up my game.

Kiki - really proud of you.

BBG - it really bummed me out the night you had no BBT. You know, you could record them for those days....just a thought.

Suze - happy anniversary to you and Nick. Hope it was awesome.

MITA - I don't watch much TV anymore either. I think it must be age. I'd just rather read or listen to a good book or podcast. Who am I????

Pelagic - your yard sounds cool. Sorry about the great tomato famine happening at your house. The tombstone sounds so cool though.

PR - Happy freaking anniversary to you and Mr. PR. Hope you had a great night with your steak and lobster. I would have babysat, just saying.

Phoenix - your meetings always sound so much more interesting than mine.

Hey Casey!

Sam, AK, 13th, LB and Lillian - Hey!

Have the best day ever, March people.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

March 26, 2018
– EPILEPSY AWARENESS DAY
“PURPLE DAY”
– NATIONAL SPINACH DAY
– NATIONAL NOUGAT DAY
Old 03-26-2018, 06:46 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Purps, you get a day. I think this means it is your turning point. I bet you could even get a hug from BBG - as long as you're not a plumber.