Old 11-22-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Administrator

Bon Voyage FBL

D
Old 11-22-2017, 06:34 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  
p***enger

Yes, I hope you have a great trip and visit with your people, FBL.

To all, US or not, I wish you a good day tomorrow. I'm very grateful to you for your company on the forums.

<3 <3 <3
Old 11-22-2017, 06:36 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Me too!
Old 11-23-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Glee,
Good trip FBL
Happy Holiday for the thanksgiving day folks.
We.are.sober !!!
Old 11-23-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving, gang!
Old 11-23-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Happy Thanksgiving to all the wonderful folks who make POST such a wonderful home. I hope today finds everyone in the midst of good food and good company.

I have unintentionally been away from SR recently. I stopped listening to my recovery podcasts. Stopped reading books on recovery. Stopped doing anything at all to promote and continue my recovery. Bad decisions on my part. I am paying a heavy price now.

Of course, in my line of work, Thanksgiving is my Super Bowl of holidays, and the time and stress of my job is expected. Lately, depression has kicked in too, making for a difficult time for me emotionally and spiritually. Delizadee told me last night that,"You know SG, you are on the fifth or sixth rung of the relapse ladder and need to take action NOW to stop yourself from reaching the top of the ladder."

That totally floored me, but Del is exactly right. Truly, I had no idea that I was in anything more than a down period, a personal funk. I realize now that I need to recommit to a recovery plan. I need to get back on SR each and every day. She recommended strongly for me to start going to meetings and getting face to face help. I trust her judgment, gained from real life experience. I may be leaning on you folks a little more than usual until I can get my head together again.

Addiction is a sly and dangerous beast, waiting to pounce whenever you avert your gaze. Thankful for still being sober, and hoping I have awakened in time to right the ship. Thankful for SR and very thankful for this little corner of SR here known as POST.

Don't ever take things for granted. Never think you are too big and strong and that you got this thing licked. Be thankful for each and every day sober. Be thankful for your loved ones and people whom care about you as we indulge in our little lives on the planet.

Best wishes for a wonderful day all!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:29 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

It is so good to hear from you, SG. I am so glad that the downward spiral was brought to your attention and that you stopped it in its tracks.

I hope you are able to divert your mind from the holiday pressure today.

I’ll be stopping by here often today.
Old 11-23-2017, 09:40 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
p***enger

Stargazer, I'm so glad you caught yourself in the trend -- or that Delizadee caught you, but you were the one who kept the connection with her going, and you were the one who has listened. Every step of the sober road we have a choice. On the very day I relapsed, I had a long lunch with my sponsor, and we talked a lot about how I was slipping away, and the consequences. But I had the f***-its and didn't listen, even to my own better self.

These winter months are hard. There's the darkness, and the frigidity, and even if you appreciate the spirit of the holidays, there's all the baggage, and the anticipation, and the over-stimulation, and the let-down, disappointments, and regrets. Way too much for me. When the external world impinges so much, I put on my sober blinders and earmuffs, and try to boost the volume on my soul.

Everyone, stay close & write about anything and everything. The spirit of POST!

Has anyone here tried their hand at painting?
Old 11-23-2017, 09:42 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Yeah. I suck!
Old 11-23-2017, 09:47 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
p***enger

^^^
Old 11-23-2017, 09:57 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Thanks so much courage and Gilmer!! Might even find a meeting tonight.
Remember paint by numbers?
Old 11-23-2017, 10:05 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
p***enger

I do indeed. You can still get p-by-n kits, & it doesn't sound so bad a way to mentally refresh, to me.
Old 11-23-2017, 10:23 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Paint by numbers was much more my speed!

When I was little I had a mosaic by numbers kit, too. I could spend hours totally engrossed by that.
Old 11-23-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

15 minutes til off. Terrible med calls today. One more day, then off for the weekend.
I dare say that every call was complicated somehow, by alcohol consumption. Looking forward to reading some big book later
Old 11-23-2017, 03:51 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

That’s sad, JL. Aren’t you glad you’re off that bandwagon?

I hope you have a good weekend.
Old 11-23-2017, 06:03 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

It's horrible that so many accidents are alcohol fueled. I hope that you can unwind during your upcoming weekend JL.

Spent the day cooking and washing dishes for hours and hours. We had a great dinner, but for all the work, everyone spent like 15 minutes eating. I am so glad that this meal is only once a year.

Had solid plans to try to attend a meeting tonight, but company lingered on and it was not meant to be.

I admit, the thought of going to a meeting has me somewhat apprehensive for some reason. I think I am worried that my issues will seem trivial to most in a room. Guess I won't know until I go.

I hope everyone got what they wanted out of the holiday, albeit food, family, laughter or simply downtime.

Enjoy the evening all.
Old 11-23-2017, 07:00 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
p***enger

Stargazer, is it possible that you'd like to act as if you don't need any help, and you do, and you're afraid the other alcoholics at a meeting will see your weakness, which you're trying to deny?

-- that is, if you speak.

Or, that you won't speak, and no one will notice your trouble because you hide it, and so you'll go away resentful?

See, we're tricksy like that.

Get thee to a meeting, go!
Old 11-23-2017, 07:59 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Quit 4/17/15

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
Stargazer, is it possible that you'd like to act as if you don't need any help, and you do, and you're afraid the other alcoholics at a meeting will see your weakness, which you're trying to deny?

-- that is, if you speak.

Or, that you won't speak, and no one will notice your trouble because you hide it, and so you'll go away resentful?

See, we're tricksy like that.

Get thee to a meeting, go!
You always read between my lines courage.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:08 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
p***enger

Old 11-24-2017, 03:58 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Star, I hope you will find some time to work on your recovery. I know how hard it is when we get busy, but I always try to carve some time each day, even if it's just here at SR. I also listen to recovery podcasts on occasion. I've recently been invited to be a guest on my favorite ones sometime next year!

Had a wonderful time with Mom. I spent as much time as I could with her the past couple of days. I'll get to see even more family on Sunday, as my Dad's oldest sister passed away at the age of 96. She was a great and unique lady that always marched to the beat of her own drum. I was hoping to get caught up on work on Sunday, but family comes first.

Have a great day, all!