Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 10-12-2017, 02:54 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Arpeggioh;6634181
Yes, sometimes the grown-up chicks who come home to roost need a gentle (or not) nudge out of the nest! Fly, fly and be free...before mama bird pecks your little eyes out. Congratulations, Sim...[/QUOTE]

Indeed. It's one thing to be dealing with a child under 18 that I'm legally obligated to care for.....quite another to deal with a man child with self entitlement issues and his girlfriend to boot. Had to go.....that or I was going to move out myself.
I swear the older I get the less I know. How is that possible?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Good moaning everyone, woke up at 5am

Friday! Lets make it sober one x
Old 10-12-2017, 10:34 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  

Morning guys. Friday again last day at work for 10 days I'm off to Devon for a few days on Monday. Long drive but should be fun. Really need the break from work. I am planning on quiting my vaporizer after my holiday the whole point in getting it was to stop smoking but now I can't leave the house without this stupid nicotine gadget.

Sim what age is best to send kids on thier way? Mine are 6 and 3 is that too young ? I was hoping they would have moved out by now

Well done jo on the liver tests. The Mrs has cracked 3 times so far I'm not lecturing her about it. I'm not in a position to be all high and mighty.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:42 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Had a bit of an emotional wobble yesterday. I'd had a bit of a do with my boss last week. Well he reprimanded me and I politely but firmly responded that he was being unfair (normally I say nothing). Big mistake. He now thinks it's fair game to see "Mrs W's latest balls up" (and I quote) as an amusing sport of some kind. He's gunning for me for sure. For a while yesterday I felt absolutely crushed and humiliated. Like when I was drinking and took it all because I "deserved it".
Made me want to scream in his face "don't you know how hard I work just to be normal!!!!"
I am choosing to put it to bed today. The slippery slope of self loathing ends in a bottle for me and I'm not doing that!
So I'll dust myself off and keep going. Got to haven't we?
Lots of love and I'm all in for a sober weekend
Old 10-13-2017, 01:45 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Giving up the vaper? Oooohhhhhh that's a biggie! I've been vaping for about 2 months now and so far so good. No plans to give that up for quite a while yet! Devon sounds wonderful have a great time Ben xxx
Old 10-13-2017, 01:48 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
Good moaning everyone, woke up at 5am

Friday! Lets make it sober one x
5am????? Eek!!!!!
Old 10-13-2017, 02:06 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

I'm going to apply for a new job when I get back from my holidays it's a big pay rise but no harm in trying. Not much responsibility in my job and that suits me when I'm drinking but the low pay reflects it. So onwards and upwards. "This time next year Rodney"........ ( british joke apologies to anyone who doesn't get it)
Old 10-13-2017, 02:21 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

That's a great positive move Ben. No harm trying eh?
Old 10-13-2017, 03:12 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

UGH I too am up at 5am. Well, 4am, but now I am "up". Coffee is on, and it actually feels nice to have a quiet house. The monster is still sleeping soundly. LOL.
Speaking of monsters, we weighed Ali at the vet and she is 63 pounds, and just 7 months old. Guess she got the Dad's genes-- he was 90 pounds!!!!! But, she is healthy, not overweight..... she is all muscle.
She hasn't figured out that she is really that big. She still thinks she weighs 20 pounds--- gone are the lap dog days for sure!!!!
Not much on the agenda for today. Pretty sure there will be a nap at some point. These sleepless nights catch up to you!!!!!
Ben- good positive attitude on applying for a new job!!!
I don't know much about "vaping". I am still smokin' my Parliaments!

Jo- UGHHHHHH nothing worse than a boss on some sort of power trip or a mission to bring someone down! Stay strong my friend, and don't let him get the best of you!

Hope you all have a Happy Friday! ( the 13th.) YIKES!
Old 10-13-2017, 03:33 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lovely jubbly Ben

D
Old 10-13-2017, 03:40 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

Add my name to the 5am list! It's the call of the coffee pot that lures me out of bed too early. Well, that, and my "old man, gotta pee" syndrome. I know, too much info...but it's a real thing! It sucks! So many reminders of aging...but I guess it beats the alternative.

Friday the 13th, this close to Hallowe'en...ooh, scary...is Hallowe'en another of those 'only in America' holidays? We're so damned international around here!

A good and sober weekend to all my little Mayfly friends; y'all rock...oh, wait...
Old 10-13-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Dee your new avatar is a jolly thing isn't it? Thanks for keeping a protective eye on us xxx

Tootiesdad I hope you're okay out there in the land of the living! xxx

Camery you do sound a lot brighter! Make it a large coffee sounds like you need one!

Hurrah! Arp has popped by! Goodness me coffees all round!

Off to yoga catch you all later xxx
Old 10-13-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Friday Face

Have a great break Ben and best of luck with the job hunting,

I hear you Jo, well done for brushing it off. My boss can be quite 'verbal' and at least once a week I want to get my coat and leave, but of course I don't. I know his ways now so it's quite interesting to see it coming. :-). And the best thing about it is that it doesn't drive me to drink yeeeeppeee ^^^^^

Arp, I'm sure you know the wine Pino Noir? Well, there is a new one for our age group and if we would still be drinking I would recommend it, it's called Pino More

Oh Camery I like reading your posts about your dog. I miss mine a lot, perhaps more than the OH or just the same (odd husband -- that still makes me chuckle Arp).

Hey Sim, how are you? I hope you're house is nice and quiet for you.

Hi Dee, I hope you're well!

Wishing you all a good and sober weekend. Good night...
Old 10-13-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
it's called Pino More
Hhahhahhahahh

I suspect your Odd Husband knows exactly what I'm talking about...if not, he's a lucky bastard!
Old 10-14-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Oh yes, he does Arp :-)

Good night Mayflies :-) Have a good and sober Sunday
Old 10-15-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Morning everyone! Just sipping my morning coffee waiting for my turn in the shower (3 females in one house say no more!). Netball again today. They're playing the top team so it's a big match! The matches are one of the things I suffered with a terrible hangover etc until this season. Funny isn't it how certain things remind is of how great it is to be sober? I'm just glad the girls can have their hobbies back now. It's awful to think of the number of times they didn't do things because of me. Making up for it now mind! I'm on mums taxi duties nearly every night!
Right better go it's my turn! Have a lovely day xxx
Old 10-16-2017, 04:20 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

24 hours without any Mayfly activity; unacceptable! Fine, I'll go first:

I just weighed myself; oh sweet baby jeezus, somebody shoot me...

Lemon water for breakfast, lunch and dinner today.

Okay, that's all I've got...it's Monday, in case you hadn't noticed...

Let's not drink today!
Old 10-16-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

Happy Monday all!
5th day in a row up at 3am. This is getting old fast. The only good thing about that right now is, I don't have to get up and get ready for work......... ( positive thinking?)
It is definitely a coffee day for sure!
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Old 10-16-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Afternoon all!
I managed to go bat crazy volcanic eruption angry with my other half yesterday. He spilt tea all over the front seat of my car. Looking back it was almost amusing but when it's the lead up to my parents visiting and we're late for netball I was not amused! Problem is I'm stubborn, he's stubborn and he went off in a huff, came back and sat around watching TV whilst I cleaned. I then went supersonic bat crazy and he went off to his brother's. Every effing time I need help around here he cocks up and I'm left to do it all. Every. Effing. Time.
So there we have it. I seriously have a lot to learn when it comes to my temper in times of stress. Plus we clash at those times and it becomes a right mess. Ugh!
Just in case you're wondering it's like water off a ducks back to the girls. They roll there eyes and ask what's for dinner! In fact the 3 of us are having quite a jolly little time.
So the stand off begins......tick tock...... far too busy to care right now. I think I put in 14 hours of extra work over the weekend so I'm a bit wiped out.
Chaos reigns I need cake!!!! Arp send me your cast-off cake and I'll devour it for you! You should have weighed yourself on a Tuesday because everyone knows diets start on a Monday it's the law!
Camery I have the opposite problem to you. I struggle to get off to sleep on a night. Thinking about it I've been like that since we went away on holiday I May. I probably hang around here on my little phone screen too much at night.
Have a great day all. I'm actually about to go out and buy some cake. Crumbs in bed tonight haha!
Old 10-16-2017, 11:04 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Well I've blown it I've drank some beer today. I'm on holiday and I just couldn't help myself. 6 beers later I'm outside vaping wishing I could go to sleep. Sorry guys i will try harder