Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 09-28-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

last part here:
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...t-10-a-20.html (Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 10)

D
Old 09-28-2017, 03:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ben try this link

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...e-surfing.html (urge surfing)

D
Old 09-28-2017, 04:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Simples! Hey, over here! We're hanging out over here now...

Your blink-blinks made me LOL...

Yesterday I napped instead of taking a walk. I think I need more work hours...

Have a Thursday, everybody! Let's not drink today!
Old 09-28-2017, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ooooohhhhhh a new thread! Thank you Dee!
Old 09-28-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

A nap instead of a walk! Tut tut Arp!
To be fair I love napping......sonetimes on my Friday off I go the full monty.....in bed curtains closed alarm set for school run time!
Not sleeping very well right now. Weird dreams etc but it'll pass.....all is good really!
Take care all xxx
Old 09-28-2017, 02:24 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for the new thread Dee, much appreciated

I'm exhausted, a nap sounds like a good idea, too many vlookups today ha ha.
Just listening to the Fine Young Canibals... Suspicious Minds, great music... it's waking me up.....

Jo, thank you for asking... 16 months...actually I was quite stressed out at work today and when I finished the words came out of nowhere ' I could do with a drink' pardon? 'Shut up' I said out loud. My brain is a funny old thing.

Here in the UK it'll soon be Stoptober time again... I'm thinking of joining in and stopping my bad evening snacking habit. It will give me some accountability.

Blink, blink Sim...thinking of you

Take care everyone, happy and sober Friday!

Toot
Old 09-28-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ooooohhhhhh vlookups!!!!!!!!
You lucky thing Elke haha I'm such a geek!
16 months whoop whoop! I Love that you're still here and caring for us all Elke
Hmmmm snacking Stoptober.......I know I should but....... (she said whilst wiping choccy digestive crumbs off the bed!)
Nighty night all
Old 09-28-2017, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi all of you lovely Mayflies! Oh, how I missed you!
I have been thinking about all of you and wanted to say HI. I haven't completely caught up on your posts, but I will. Was so nice to see some familiar faces out here!!
I will check in tomorrow when I have some more time to write--- lord knows there is lots to tell! UGH.
Lots of love to all of you!!! Missed you these past few months!

Sim-- prayers to you and your family. So sorry to hear about your son.

All my love-
Camery
Old 09-28-2017, 08:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Camery

D
Old 09-28-2017, 08:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Stoptober! I've stopped smoking and quit drinking what more do they want from me. At this rate I'll be riding around on my push bike with a fig leaf covering me up. River water in my eco friendly water bottle and a bag of berries for lunch. ... that's it I'm rebeling tomorrow I'm not gonna take my own plastic bag to the super market!!! Yeah that'l show em!!! And I'm not gonna pay 5p I'm gonna steal it from Self service checkout and press the no bags button. That's just the way I roll HA HA
Old 09-29-2017, 04:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ben, you are one scary dude, man! Give 'em hell...

Camery!! My long-lost mid-western friend! Lately I've been the sole representative of the USA around here, which is a very scary notion...

Elke -- I've often wondered if any of the Mayflies had managed consistent sobriety since our original thread started -- You're The One!! Big congratulations to ya.

Everybody have a Freakin' Friday...
Old 09-29-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Camery how wonderful seeing you again! Looking forward to a proper catch up sweetie pie! Good, bad or ugly it's still so wonderful having you back with us.
Friday night again. Wow they seem to come round fast! It's nice that time seems to have regulated again. In very early sobriety it's like a snail's pace and everything drags doesn't it?
Lots coming up in the next couple of months. My birthday, half term break, my little one's birthday and then of course the dreaded Christmas prep! Haha! I'm the one to mention it first! Our work do this year is a night away in Edinburgh (including of course a posh meal and plenty of drinking). I'm not too worried about the drinking aspect as I'm "out" as a non drinker at work. Although the 4 hour train journey may be an issue as last time we went away it was wine wine wine all the way. I sort of mentioned that it may be a bit irritating to one of my work pals and she said she wouldn't be boozing on the journeys phew! That's my main worry sorted!
Hope everyone is well. Sim I think of you often and hope things are okay. What a dreadful time you've been having......
Better go get the girl's ready for their dad's then an ridiculously early night for me I'm shattered xxxxxx
Old 09-29-2017, 10:30 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Simplicity4114 - thinking of you, wishing you courage and brighter days ahead
Old 09-29-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

The good, the bad and the ugly.... I guess that about sums up the last few months. Oh, where to begin? Things were really going well for me up until the last "restructure" of the organization. I was given the responsibility of Info Security/Cyber Security Officer, which worked hand in hand with all areas of the bank, but the IT officer more often then not. To put it nicely, her and I were not on the same page--- we didn't have the same work ethic, she's stuck in the dark ages, ( ok, really? she JUST learned what Instant Messaging is?????) , and we just didn't play nice together, and we had to. Long story short, I apparently, was "micro managing" her and she didn't like it. So, she started to play dirty. She read my emails, ( supposedly doing some research from a customer that emailed me) and came across some bad !@@ **** that I had emailed about HER to someone else. And, as embarrassing as this is to even repeat, I was terminated. Which, IDK as much as I really liked the job, after the last batch of restructuring, the writing was on the wall for me. I was the newbie, making some waves, people didn't like it, and my personality just doesn't go away. The CEO basically allowed the 32 year old CFO/COO to run the bank, who has no experience with A. people, and B. managing people.
The termination went down at 8:05am. Caught completely off guard. Walked out of the bank as the hustle and bustle of the goings on were going on. So, what do I do? Stopped on my way home and get a bottle of vodka. By the time my friend Don got home from his errands, etc, I was loaded. And hea was more then pissed. We didn't talk for 2 days--- 2 days in which I chose to spend on a bender--- just like I did just one year ago.
And here I am today. Left my home town of Milwaukee to move here, which I don't plan to leave-- I love it here, but now am unemployed.....
I did take some time off to get myself together, since lets face it, the vodka binges were old, and after 2 days I was sicker then !@#$. Don and I made amends, he gets it. And I haven't touched it since. It just feels like I came full circle, all that crap is back-- the anxiety thru the roof, sweats, no motivation, etc. And the unemployed loser feeling that doesn't seem to ever go away, even though its only been a short time.
So, there ya have it. That is me. In a nut shell. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

UGH. Get it together, girl, right? LOL.

Thank you all for always being supportive as I always remembered!!!! I am so thankful for that. And thanks for reading my long drama filled post.

On a good note, I am doing ok. My baby girl ( puppy) is 6 months old, and she loves her momma regardless of whatever happens. She is my pride and joy and I love her so. Don and I have grown closer, and he has been a god send. If it wasn't for him, I'd be back where I was in May 2016.

Thank again for "listening" my old friends!!!!
Love to you all-
Camery
Old 09-29-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

((Camery)) great to see you again, I was only thinking of you the other day, wondering how you're getting on. I'm sorry to hear about your roller coaster experience at work. You'll find something else, I'm sure of it.
I walked out of a job in May and was lucky to be back in work just over a month later. Enjoy your pup while you're at home and have Don spoil you a bit.

Thank you Arp, I never thought about that I'm The One ha ha.
I love the thread 'Occasionally I like to count days' from Mountainman Bob. Some fantastic sobrieties on this forum and sooo inspiring.

Sorry Ben, that got you going there for a bit.

Have a good night Jo, is the cherry red beauty already on the drive?

(((Sim)))

Really glad it's Friday, I'm looking at kitchens again tomorrow, no bottle holes LOL

Wishing y'all a good and sober Saturday X
Old 09-29-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hey Tootiesdad, I hope you're ok and not struggling.
Please give us a tinkle if you can.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Camery03 -
Old 09-29-2017, 04:18 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

HI Camery - I'm really glad to made it back - I'm not sure I could work for an organisation structured like that anyway....

best wishes in finding a new job

Have a good weekend everyone

D
Old 09-29-2017, 08:45 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Wow camery sounds like a rough time. Another job will come they always do. I was unemployed for about 6 months a few years ago and while at the time it was stressful lookimg back it was a chance for me to get out of a line of work I didn't enjoy but had spent years training to do and my new job was something totally different. Now I look back at that time as sort of a metamophis. Glad you have come back to the group I have recently returned myself. It's the only thing that keeps me off the pop. .
Old 09-30-2017, 01:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Oof, the dreaded vodka binge; nothing quite so hideous, and scary, and sickening, and sad, and ugly...that was my drug of choice, too, and I can still feel the awful misery at the end. Good thing, because that's what keeps me sober today, and every day. So happy to read you again, Cam from Wisconsin! (Do you drive a Toyota? I have a Corolla '10...)

My eating is becoming disorderly, and I'm tossing out my sugar sh*t today; I'm throwin' down, dammit, angry with myself, and I'm going to treat sugar as another addiction that needs facing. A diabetic snarfing a bag of candy is like an alcoholic sucking on a bottle of vodka; enough already!

OMG, my heat just came on! Last week it was 94; this morning it's 39 (translation: "last week it was 35, this morning it's 3.8889." Celsius is hard...)

Okay, enough babbling; I have some cheap garbage food to destroy! A Sober Saturday to all (<<Arp on coffee)