Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 10-09-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Got through a christening yesterday everybody was drinking and the beer and wine was free. I was the godfather ( which is quite funny really an alcoholic atheist godfather ) anyway I got through it without drinking. I think today is day 22 so feeling pretty good. Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Had an "unintentional" day 1 yesterday. Grandson was over and I was super tired so I turned in early last evening....guess I'll take it however it comes-lol. So today is turning out to be a very intentional Day 2.......may as well see how long I can ride this wave.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Well done Ben, staying sober on a family do is hard work, congratulations, also for becoming a godfather.

Hi Sim, so good to see you. Unintentional, that sounds good, it shows that you don't really need it. Keep going sweetheart. Once you get back some control over your life the rest will follow. Try to find 1 positive thing in your life every day.

Have a good Tuesday everyone xxx
Old 10-09-2017, 02:13 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Good job Ben! Staying sober at a family function is huge! Congrats on being a god father!!
Sim-- so glad to see you hon!! Take things as they come, and an intentional day 2 sounds pretty good.

Hope everyone else is having a good Monday, or had a good Monday I could also say!

Not much going on here. Followed up on some leads from last week. Took my Sass for a nice long walk-- it is a beautiful day here, and she enjoyed all the "smells" and being able to stop along the way. Such a sweet girl she is. Oh, to be that carefree in this world!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Ben, very impressive turning down free beer as a former beer drinker, most excellent. As a vodka drunk, beer holds no allure for me (although if I were determined to get hammered, I could make it work...) (gross!)

Sim, it sounds like momentum in the right direction, which makes me happy to read. We miss your dry humor around here!

Hey, I know: let's not drink tomorrow...
Old 10-09-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hurrah! Lovely little gaggle of posts to cheer me up before bed! Night night honey buns ❤❤❤
Old 10-10-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
Unintentional, that sounds good, it shows that you don't really need it. Keep going sweetheart. Once you get back some control over your life the rest will follow. Try to find 1 positive thing in your life every day.
This is what I keep telling myself. Get sober long enough to feel it's benefits. This suck is only for a time......embrace the suck, the benefits are forever. The clear head, the emotional stability are so very important for me to navigate what's coming. It's either that or drown myself in alcohol and miss another decade of my life; my grandchildren growing-I would never forgive myself for dipping out on them. So this Day 3 will be another day battling back to the me I know I can be.
The positive for the day is easy-I have an unexpected day off of work due to a low surgical census. So I plan to make it a busy one as this could easily be a negative as well. Lots of errands to run.....things I've been neglecting due to drinking-go figure. In my down time I'll probably be posting like an idiot, binge watching trash TV, reading, and working on the blanket I'm trying to complete for my granddaughters upcoming 2nd birthday.
Lots of love for y'all and many thanks for the support you've been sending my way
Old 10-10-2017, 07:37 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

ok, working the baby steps here. Made me a list and getting ready to head out and tackle it.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Strangely similar thoughts today, Sim--very few work hours have me with no daily routine whatsoever -- get up at 2am, sleep again at 8am...so I thought a schedule, self-imposed, for daily life might be needed. Actually, the word "plan" kept bouncing around in my head, thanks to my SR programming; I think I might need one!

I know you don't want to disappear back into the abyss; none of us want that, for you, or for ourselves. It's a frickin' fight, but ultimately worth the effort. I'm glad you know where to post; lots of serious hopes and good wishes in the Mayfly section...

Have a good sober day, my dear, and stay occupied! (He said, eyeing the clock to calculate the possibility of a second nap...)
Old 10-10-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Errands done. Whew good thing too.....I owed $6.40 in overdue library books. Yikes. Them librarians are a shifty sort so I was tsk-tsked for being such an irresponsible patron of their fine establishment. In all fairness to them, this is not our first go round with them on my habitual late returns. I figure next time one of them will be waiting for me as I exit work with a baseball bat to drive the point home. My knee caps hurt just thinking about it
Onto Phase 2 of day 3...........binge watching some trash TV. Time for me to see what the housewives have been up to.
Old 10-10-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi all! I'm so happy to see you sounding more positive Sim. Your day 1 was one of life's "happy accidents" maybe hurrah! Lists are great ways of filling slightly daunting free days. Unexpected time of work used to be a guaranteed drinking day. Just remembered that when you said you had the day off. An afternoon binge watching some trashy tv sounds much nicer! In fact anything will do won't it?
Went to visit my ex husband's grandmother after work today. Bless her she's 87 and I've not seen her in a while. Normally when I go I talk a bit manically and fill the silence with all sorts of rubbish. I tried not to do that today and let her chat to me. It was actually nice. I suspect I am a bit different to others now. I would try so hard to appear to be fine that I would often go over the top. Even with my own parents.
I've got my liver scan tomorrow. I was referred when I went for the blood tests. Weirdly enough I'm not frightened. My main problem is I have to be nil by mouth for 6 hours before. 6 hours! Not even coffee!
Have a lovely day everyone. It's the Great British Bake Off on TV tonight. Baking heaven I love it!
Catch you soon Mayflies
Old 10-10-2017, 03:28 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Hi guys, I had an 8am to 9pm working day today. totally shattered
Great to read all your lovely posts, that cheered me up

Sim, congrats on 3 days, you sound so much better sweetheart.

No drinking tomorrow X
Old 10-11-2017, 02:01 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Good night to you all.

Waking up without a hangover is priceless!

A good and sober Thursday for all of us.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Night night Elke have a lovely restful night
Liver scan was clear I feel utterly relieved and grateful to have the chance to keep on with this journey free of that fear.
Night night Mayflies xxx
Old 10-11-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Baby steps are good Sim

Glad you got good news Jo

Hi Arp, Elke, Camery, and Ben.
Old 10-11-2017, 05:51 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Jo- Glad to hear the liver scan looked good! Proud of you for taking that big scary step!

Well I kicked the young'uns out of the basement. They're pissed, but gone. May make for an awkward holiday season but at least the homestead is returning to normal and my stress levels decreased as they were pulling out of the driveway.
Old 10-12-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Jo- what a relief to have that scan done and come out clean!
Sim- glad the homestead is getting back to some normalcy for you. Not too mention low stress!!!

Hope you are all doing well. Thursday already......... geez, the days just fly by don't they?

Pretty uneventful week here. Not a lot of hits on my resume, but it is getting some attention. I have decided to just take one day at a time, although some days are hard. I will get through this................

Vet appointment for the pup today. She is limping on one of her front legs and has been for a week, and we have to decide if we are going to spay her now since she has reached the 6month mark.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
All my love-
Camery
Old 10-12-2017, 07:46 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

...and the 2017 Clean Liver Award goes to: Jo! (Crowd cheers...) I won't say I told you so, because that would be rude (bites tongue.)

Yes, sometimes the grown-up chicks who come home to roost need a gentle (or not) nudge out of the nest! Fly, fly and be free...before mama bird pecks your little eyes out. Congratulations, Sim...

I have to work today! Four whole hours! OMG, I hope I remember how...

Happy soon to be sober Friday, y'all.
Old 10-12-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Arp Yes! You did tell me so! When I text my other half to tell him his reply was similar.....
"Told you xxx" yeah yeah everyone's an expert!!!!
Aah Sim some peace and quiet just what you need. A very brave step. If you keep focussed on the today it'll help prevent you fretting over future awkwardness. For right now you've done the right thing and that's the main thing xxx
Camery I hope your little pooch is okay. I was thinking about your current time out of work. You may look back on it as a healing time one day. Do some nice things for yourself. Trust me you'll look back on it fondly once you're back at work!
Hope you're still doing well Ben. How's it going with the Mrs?
Elke lots of love sweetie pie. I always like to check in to see your little night night post xxx
Friday tomorrow at last! I don't work Fridays so it'll be a bit of housework and lunch time yoga. I'm quite tired at the minute so think I'll turn in for some lovely sleep. Night night all
Old 10-12-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Nite nite Jo xxx :-)

Busy day today and I'm relaxing by browsing on SR and reading your posts...
Congratulations on doing healthy things today ladies, passing liver scans and sending kids on their way, FREEDOM :-)
I hope you're work went ok today Arp.
Camery, it's good you're enjoying your time off, especially with the little pup, I'm sure she'll be ok.
Good to see you Dee :-)

My OH told me that the cows came in for the winter today, which starts the season of 6 months lavatory service for them. Every morning, every weather...

Have a good Friday everyone X