Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 10-06-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Ha! Busted out!!!! I haven't had much excitement here either. And I don't even have a turkey story to tell!!!!!
Not much going on here. Finally some cooler temps, which is more what we are used to around here.
Today's agenda consists of picking up our snow blower ( yes, we will be dealing with that soon), and if it stops raining, maybe the pumpkin patch.
We are in the midst of fall decorating, and will be starting on our kitchen remodel this weekend, so I am pretty excited about that!!!
Nice to hear from all of you. Next time I wont be such a stalker..... LOL

Happy Friday!
CAmery
Old 10-06-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I'm still here guys still not drank. Arp I'd have got out and grabbed one of those turkeys for tea and see how brave the other ones are when you have a limp one under your arm. I don't even really like turkey but what better way to deal with a foe than to consume it.

Weekend is here guys happy sober friday
Old 10-06-2017, 04:21 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have a good weekend guys.

& don't tangle with an Aussie brush turkey...they're the turkey other turkeys are afraid of...

Old 10-06-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Oh, hell no -- I would've turned the car around...
Old 10-07-2017, 01:04 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

There is a cold turkey joke in here somewhere amongst dees John Lennon and all the turkey talk. To early in the morning to pluck it (pun intended) out my brain just yet
Old 10-07-2017, 02:52 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Morning Mayflies!
Saturday morning again. Just having a nice big coffee and a vape. We've nicknamed my vaper Tom (after the delicious Mr Hardy) so the innuendos are rather hilarious in an immature kind of way! Not in front of the girls of course!
Bit of anxiety creeping in at the minute. Hannah has quite a few after school careers and college evenings to fit in and my poor little brain is struggling to arrange them. It will work out fine I'm sure but I can feel the little flow of panic if I let it. Plus it's birthdays, family visits and Christmas prep time of year coming up. Eek!
Like Arp said thank god I'm sober. I find myself looking back and literally wondering how the hell I coped. The drinking, the hiding the drinking, the chaos, the lies, the fear......ugh a living nightmare at times! So yes thank God that is behind me.
I hope everyone is well. Sim darling I'll just send a bit of love and a hug in case you drop by xxx
Love to everyone else too let's do this sober Saturday! xxxx
Old 10-07-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
The drinking, the hiding the drinking, the chaos, the lies, the fear......ugh a living nightmare at times!
This is the story of my life at the moment. I can remember my sober time though it feels ages ago at the moment. I remember being glad I was sober, grateful. I almost can't even imagine that right now. I fear being sober. Having no escape from the stress and pain. No hiding place to go within myself, no protection.....that's what the thought of sobriety causes me to feel right now. Sometimes I contemplate drinking first thing in the a.m. Not to get drunk, just to sabotage a potential Day 1. How warped is that I've thought about joining the October class but I know I'll f&*^ it up.....so I stay away from there and here for the most part. I want so much to begin again and yet when I dig deep I find no real strength there, just resignation to the fact that this is the way things are right now. I don't even know where to begin to battle back from this.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:27 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Oh Sim. If I could get over there to be of some tiny little help I would. I can feel your sorrow from here and it's heartbreaking. But you've posted. That's the first of the many baby steps. I know you've got that strength. It's just a pit of alcohol-induced misery that feels too big to get out of. I got so physicalky sich that I couldn't actually get any more alcohol down me in the end. It got to that to make me say "stop.....no more". Then I got 1 day, then another, each one felt like a week. I want you to know that anything, absolutely anything is possible. If you need to post every 5 minutes do it. As soon as I spot you I'll come running. And it won't just be me it'll be all of us Mayflies.
Promise me one thing. That you'll never feel any shame or embarrassment coming back here. We love you Sim xxx
I thought many a time of finding a new class (mainly because I felt a million miles away from the progress of others) but I couldn't. That's just me of course but the familiarity and security I feel here are important.
I need you all now as much as in May 2016.
Please try and make that first very brave step Sim. You are not alone xxx
Old 10-07-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

What she said.... it took me Alot to get back on here sim. Glad I did. You guys are great and even know I don't really know any of you. You help me more than the people I have in the real world because you understand and have all been where I've been and worse. Sober saturday almost over. All though I confess I had a Becks blue earlier .
Old 10-07-2017, 01:28 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

My Dear Simples:

At least you're here, which means you're thinking of being sober again some day. I know you've got plenty of pain to numb, and don't blame you a bit for doing so. Keep reading our silly little messages and know we're thinking about you. It's nice you post occasionally; keep doing so, please. Big fat group hug time...
Old 10-07-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really sorry you're so down Sim.

Maybe seeing your Dr or a counsellor could be a good first step?

D
Old 10-07-2017, 03:44 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Hey Sim, I'm so glad you're posted again. There is so much going on in your life I'm not surprised you're finding it hard to stop the drink. Did you go see your counselor? Please go if you can... get it off your chest sweetheart.
Please keep posting, this is the best place to be when you're feeling low.

Such lovely comments from Jo, Ben, Arp and Dee... yes, we're all here for you and each other.

Don't give up girl, it will get better again, please call the counselor
Old 10-07-2017, 04:13 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Oh I love the turkey stories and how frightening the Oz versions... all good fun, first turkey roadblock

Please don't panic Jo, christmas is still 2 1/2 months away, luckily.
Been driving all day, my hands wet on wheel... Radar Love.... great song.
Back in Germany for the week.

Oh, by the way I made another step into freedom this week, it might sound weird to you... I chucked the scales out of the bathroom, it ended a 30 year or so love/hate relationship...

Wishing you all a good and sober Sunday.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:16 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Elke how liberating!!!!!
Old 10-08-2017, 02:54 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you Jo, I'm feeling better for it too. The thing that got me going was what Dee talked about a few weeks ago...it was about how highly we think about ourselves.... and for me it's time that I start doing that....

Going out for lunch with family... catch you later.

A sober Sunday for us all....
Old 10-08-2017, 02:58 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Hurrah! Went to watch Hannah's netball match they were brill and she got player of the match! Wonderful to be there (a 9am start too!).
Wishing you all a lovely Sunday xxx
Old 10-08-2017, 05:41 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Oh Sim. My heart breaks for you. I, like everyone else am here for you. I cant imagine what you are going through right now, but can relate to alcohol numbing the pain. I am glad that you at least posted. It may help to find comfort in knowing that we are all here for you-- us Mayflies.... through thick and thin.
Take it easy and just know we love you and our thoughts and prayers are with you every step of the day.
All my love,
Camery
Old 10-08-2017, 05:45 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Hope ya'll had a happy Saturday. So, I decided to make a crustless pizza in my crockpot. ( watching my carb intake) I added some meat balls I had bought at the store for an extra treat. After 4 hours or so in the crockpot, come to find out, they were spicy meatballs. I mean, the spicy kind you couldn't eat. Let's hope after taking them out I didn't wreck it. We shall see later.
Beautiful fall day on tap today. Fall décor, pumpkin carving, kitchen remodel, and Packers today..... in that order!!!
I hope you all have a GREAT Day!
XOXO
Camery
Old 10-08-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

3 cheers for Hannah

Good night all and a sober Monday!
Old 10-08-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Night night Elke! ❤❤❤