Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 10-01-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Simplicity - humbly offering my prayers for you in this grief.
Kindest thoughts.
Old 10-01-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sim-
My heart goes out to you right now. I am sending many thoughts and prayers to you my friend.

Love ya girl!

Love
Old 10-01-2017, 01:48 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Oh dearest Sim, I'm so sorry for your situation and how you're feeling. Thank you so much for writing and keeping in touch even when it's hard for you to write. Although it's 'only' virtual, you know SR is a place of comfort when you need it and we're all here for you. Just press the button and we're here.
Keep safe sweetheart X
Old 10-02-2017, 01:24 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Morning all! A rainy cold Monday morning with lots of work to do. But I'm sober and every Monday morning that comes by is anther week under my belt so I'll take it and be grateful for all I have.
Lots of love Mayflies and continued thoughts and prayers for Sim and the Sim family
Old 10-02-2017, 02:20 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I second that good morning, Mayflies! Though mine started at 4am...sleep is tricky these days. I'll need a nap before my noon work appointment...

Lack of work hours is getting pretty serious, through the fault of no one. Elderly clients come and go, for obvious reasons, and right now, they're all going! In September, two were placed into long term care facilities; my weekly hours dropped from 20, then 13, and now 9. My office is actively seeking new clients for me, but nothing has come up yet...and my little village doesn't even have a stoplight, so I can't wash windshields for spare change, either!

It will all work out, eventually; people never stop getting old. Well...I mean...okay, sometimes they do...well, you know what I mean...frick, I need a cookie...

A Maudlin Monday in Michigan; y'all be well.
Arp
Old 10-02-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I hope something comes up for you soon Arp. You're like me a bit work-wise. The social aspect is just as important as the pennies.
Maybe you could get creative with some flyers and leaflets? Your talent for writing and your humour could be put to good use there for now....
One of my favourite geek purchase a while back was a laminator which I used to help a friend design little posters to put around for her hairdressing business. Hours of fun......
Have a great day Arp (albeit with a few less sweet treats ugh boring isn't it!)
Old 10-02-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Happy Monday Mayflies!
Restless night for all in our household for some reason. Nothing a lil coffee wont fix, okay, well a lot of coffee!!!!!!
Back at the job search for this morning, and then whatever the day brings!

Hope you all have a great day! Thoughts are with Sim!
CAmery
Old 10-03-2017, 03:23 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Ugh! Between Las Vegas yesterday morning, and now Tom Petty dead this morning, I need some happy news...guess I'll go look for some.

If I lived in Bloom County, me and Opus would be headed for the dandelion field.

Carry on my friends, seek the light! I'm glad I don't drink anymore...
Old 10-03-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
Hey Tootiesdad, I hope you're ok and not struggling.
Please give us a tinkle if you can.
Thanks for the reach out Elke

Not struggling, but busy as all get-out lately. That, plus some of my wife's family was visiting with us the past couple of weeks.

It's more convenient for me to login with my phone, but for some reason the login never works...it always kicks me back out to the login page.

Still going strong...
Old 10-03-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think they fixed those log in problems tootiesdad - might be worth another shot on the phone

D
Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I suppose Arp there are days when "I'm glad I don't drink anymore" is actually amazingly positive in itself. Breaking that mindset of bad day = get drunk is really amazing. I'm sorry that the terrible news has set you off feeling low. It's bound to sometimes.....life carries on doing bad things now and again. Sometimes I feel extra sensitive to things. Being part of this wonderful community here can sometimes make me a little naïve about the "big wide world" out there. But I get a sense of belonging and companionship here that is quite unique and I'm very grateful for that.
Great seeing you pop by Tootiesdad busy can be a great way of getting on with things too if that's your way!
Ben - how are you doing?
Sim darling continued love from over the ocean xxx
Camery - how's it going with the job hunt?
Elke - have you fallen in love with Excel yet? (haha). Pass my regards on to Lady Gaga!
Child free night tonight - I have an apple and blueberry cake in for the night! How naughty!!!!!
Old 10-03-2017, 10:24 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Hi guys still going strong. Had a good day and got home from work and Mrs Ben had flooded the house so here I am trying to dry electrics so we can have some power. Doing it with a lemonade though.... this is a time when I would like to reach for the whisky . But lemonade will do
Old 10-03-2017, 12:09 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi guys, it's a German Public holiday today so I got the day off :-) what did I do with it? We drove all the way to Kidderminster to look at Kitchens about a 4 hour drive, had a may I say it, blow out on the motorway and luckily we had a spare tire with us so we could fix it. Anyway it was worth it as I really like the kitchen :-).

Yes Jo, I love Excel, but I'm still practicing with small-ish lists. Good fun, you were right it's a bit addictive but in a good way (no consumption of any substance here).

Camery and Arp, best of luck with finding work. I know the feeling and my contract will end in January sometime so I will be looking again as well. Fingers crossed for you both.

Hi Toot, thanks for the tinkle it's good to know you're well. I hope you had a nice time with your inlaws.

Hey Ben, I hope the flood is sorted out and you have your power back.

Hello Dee, good to see you. I will try and login on the phone too, see how it works. Thank you!

(((Sim))) sending you a few big hugs... just in case...

A good and sober Wednesday for us all...
Old 10-03-2017, 12:33 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Hi all!
Job hunt is slow. Yesterday was the most discouraging and depressing day. But today is a new one! Took my sweet Sass to the doggie day care/day spa today so she can interact with some other dogs, and get some "special " treatment. In the meantime, we had a nice breakfast, and did some shopping. Felt good to just do "that". Now I am missing the lil rug rat, (LOL) but also enjoying some quiet time.

Good to hear from all of you!!! Hope you are having a good day!
Old 10-04-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Chilling out tonight and watching British Super Bikes with my dog next to me. What more could you wish for. Good racing this week too.
Hope you all had a good day.
Old 10-04-2017, 01:12 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Elke are you a secret leather wearing biker chick?
Wow who knew?!
Old 10-04-2017, 01:23 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Yes I am Jo, I have a Ducati Hyperstrada. I used to go touring in France a lot when I lived in Essex. Now I'm closer to Ireland but that's still in the making... one day. How's the cherry red Golf going with you? Any crumbs and toys on the back seats yet?
Old 10-05-2017, 08:06 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Ha! Actually Elke I allowed eating in the new car for the first time on Sunday. They both had towels across their laps! So we are still pretty crumb free!
Had a little issue with eldest last night. Remember the party? Well I knew she'd have a little drink and was okay with that (she's 15). But she brought 2 bottles of beer home and hid them under her bed (to give back to her mate she said). I flipped out a little and made her tip them down the sink (I didn't want to even smell it). We had a talk once I'd calmed down and agreed that she is allowed to take 1 or 2 drinks (cider or lager) to a party but if she doesn't drink it she leaves it there. I'd be naive to think she won't drink at all and these parties are at most 6 a year so it feels like a sensible compromise.
It's not easy to deal with in a rational way (and I was not calm at first) but I guess I have to find a way to give her a bit of slack. But I'm not having booze in the house. No way.
How is everyone doing?
Hugs all round sweetie pies
Old 10-05-2017, 04:35 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Gosh it's gone quiet here, sorry I've been busy....back to Germany this weekend, which is a big shame as it is my OH (odd husband ha ha...long story Camery :-)) birthday. How am I going to make that up

Good to hear the girls are looking after their crumbs Jo.
You got it under control with the girls Jo, it can't be easy. You definitely have my admiration X.

Take care everyone, a good and sober Friday for us all.

Hi Camery and Arp, I can see you on the bottom of the page... how is it going?
Old 10-05-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

...crickets chirp...

I know, I haven't been contributing much, because there's absolutely nothing interesting going on in my life at the moment, and I can only do so much bitching about my awful food abuse and my smoking and blaaaah blah blaaaah...

Oh, I know: I can tell my turkey story! So anyways, around here, wild turkeys are really stupid; I imagine they're pretty stupid all the world over, we just happen to have a lot of them living in the woods, and they're always wanting to get to the other side of the road, usually in small packs of five or six...they don't walk very fast, and it's officially illegal to mow down a wild turkey with your vehicle, especially on purpose, because they're our national bird or some weird protected status. So while we're driving down our country roads, or even within village limits sometimes, we're forever having to stop and wait for ******** turkeys to waddle in a long line across the road; I usually beep my horn to get them motivated, and they might hop a little, but they're too stupid to get out of the way...

So the other day, I'm driving down a long country road, and I can see a line of dark objects across the road far ahead; I'm thinking they might be turkeys, but they're not moving. As I get closer, they're still not moving, and it becomes clear that they're definitely turkeys, big fat tom turkeys, and they're just standing in a line occupying both lanes of the road, and finally I'm right in front of them, and They Are Not Moving; these effin' turkeys are standing there staring me down, like 'what are you gonna do about it' attitude just pouring off them...like, seriously bad-ass turkey gangsters! I was in a really remote area I'd never traveled before, and I wondered if maybe that's how rural redneck turkeys act around those parts. After honking at them, they finally parted themselves and slowly waddled off the road to let me pass, but they were throwing me some serious stink-eye while they did it. My first turkey roadblock, weirdest thing I've ever seen! (I locked my car doors, just in case things turned ugly...)

I'm just proud of myself for staying sober after that horrible confrontation with local fowl...foul fowl, really...effin' turkeys...

Everybody be safe out there!