Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 10-20-2017, 10:22 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

We got back safe. There was trouble on the m42 but my wise sat nav warned me and sent me on a detour that involved what must have been every roundabout in the UK. Gotta love A roads !! and stupid sat navs. My fault for trusting it I suppose.
Old 10-20-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Glad your back Ben ugh yes sat nav can send us all over the place. Nightmare!

Spoke too soon. Was just starting to perk up then idiot bf texted me about coming over to talk. He's full of anger and point blank won't apologise. Sod him I'm too busy for that and the negativity is simply not needed. Looks like the childish stand off continues.......he thinks because my family are coming I'll back down to save face. Nope not this time. God aren't I awful? I think we're as bad as eachother in a way but I'm sick of being the one to bend over backwards.
I know it's pathetic but I have every right to expect some help round the place he lives in rent sodding free......aah that feels a bit better getting it out!
Now my AV is kicking off grrrrr..... ..think I'll clean floors to use up some of my mental energy.
Sorry guys I hope to return to my zen like state very soon. I'll pop back later xxx
Old 10-21-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Morning all! Operation AV crusher was a success hurrah! Mopped the floor, texted a mate and filled up on 4 cheese sandwiches and some sweet chilli crisps. That's how I roll Haha!
Also got a text from a work pal asking if I'm going to the new Saturday morning yoga class at 10.30. Hurrah!
So that's my day sorted. Yoga and more cleaning. Who cleans their house for 4 days? Deary me that'd be me! I'll be happy once it's done then I can relax and have a nice week off with the family.
Also note to self. If I'd caved in last night I would do zero today and feel utter remorse. Keep going Jojo it's the only way!
Lots of love
Old 10-21-2017, 03:39 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Cam -- this weather is crazy! 75 yesterday, and again today (that's 23.8889 for you civilized folks. Thanks, Google!) I love Fall weather; this is not.

Saturday, nothing to do, so of course I must begin at 4am. I'm already planning my nap(s)...such a go-getter...I'll at least vacuum up (Hoover? Translating is hard) the dog hair; my golden retriever mix is a fur factory. She's pushing 16 years old, has been my sole companion for 15 years here in our house; you'll see her picture when I post her memorial: I've been anticipating her demise for quite some time, steeling myself for the inevitable. Every time I come home, I dance around and sing her a little song: "Jessie's not dead, Jessie's not dead, it's a good day, cuz Jessie's not dead!" She can't hear for crap, but she gets excited watching me dance around (who wouldn't?) She's about as active as I am these days, spends most of her time snoring and farting (who doesn't?) Hers is a Good Girl, yes hers is...

Jo -- boys are stupid.

Okay then, let's not drink today!
Arp and Jessie
Old 10-22-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Good morning all! Happy Sunday!
Hope everyone had a good day yesterday. Picture day was yesterday. 11 rambunctious, energetic, 7 month old puppies, parents that were extremely well behaved. and 20 impatient adults waiting to get the perfect shot. Was a great day, and I think the photographer got some good shots of the dogs.
Ali, was, well..... Ali. We don't call her the "Sass" for nothin'. She doesn't really know her strength, so when she jumps on people, she damn near takes them down. LOL. it was a puppy playground all day for them, and she is worn out this morning.

Not too much on the agenda today. Packer game at noon--- going to watch it long enuf to see how they do without Aaron Rogers, and we'll see.

Arp-- looks like the weather is now changing over to fall. I am seeing 40's in the temps for next week. Which again, 75 down to 40? No wonder we are all sick............

Have a wonderful day Mayflies!
Old 10-22-2017, 10:55 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Another day over back at work tomorrow been sipping tonic water all day. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I had a bit of a work internet nightmare the past 2 days. Nothing was working, no internet, no phones all day. BT man comes out, climbs up the posts, opens up the cable boxes and tips out 3 gallons of water, cleans the cables, puts it all back and Bob's your uncle. Me thinks I should put some cling film around it to make it a bit waterproof.

After all of that I'm watching a wonderful program about Oak trees, nice and relaxing. I always said in my next life I wanted to be a Buzzard living here on the farm, but being an oak tree seems a good idea too.

Hi Jo, have you finished cleaning? chop chop :-) Hope your quarrels are settled

Arp and Jessie, Camery and Sass, Ben, ((Sim)) and Dee and Toot

Here's to a sober Tuesday X
Old 10-23-2017, 01:54 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Hi Elke! Hi everyone!
Yes cleaning mission completed. I even hired a carpet cleaner for a day! It feels much better now.
Unfortunately quarrels not at all settled. In fact it is worse now we've gone to no contact at all. I've had to lie to my parents and say he's staying with his mum who's unwell. What a silly mess. I've got my family staying all week so I just don't know what will happen any more.
Can't focus on that right now. Family to look after and hopefully a nice few days off work.
Lots of love to you all. Stay strong Mayflies! xxx
Old 10-24-2017, 06:01 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Happy Tuesday friends!
Nothing too exciting or interesting to report here. Same ole same ole. Fall has set in, and I couldn't be happier. ( well, except for the 6am wakeup call from Sass to go outside) LOL.

A few leads on the job front. My friend that does some recruiting has something for me to consider. It is the same exact job I have always done for a bank about an hour away. IDK, as much as I feel like this might be something worth going for, the question becomes, do I move AGAIN? Commute an hour every day? As much as I really need a job and want one, I am having second thoughts. And since this is my friend I don't want to let her down, but she will understand either way.

The market is getting tougher as we near the Holiday season, so I am getting a tad bit stir crazy, and discouraged.

But every day is a new day! Right?

Hope ya'll have a great day!
Old 10-24-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Go for it Camery, even if it's just interview practice.... like you said the winter is long and you'll get worried by xmas. just a thought....
Old 10-24-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Thanks Elke! The interview is Thursday!!! I know these people from some forums and things, so it will be a good catch up.
Old 10-24-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Man, oh man, I am so glad I don't drink anymore...just finished church choir practice, walked out into the dark, the wind and cold rain, with no work tomorrow; this would be the sort of night I would sit home and drink a liter of vodka, and not tell anybody...and then, on another night like this, I'd let myself do it again...and pretty soon I'm dead. It's a pretty short tape...

I've never had to fight the thoughts of having "one or two" drinks, because that was never my thing; I buy a bottle, I finish a bottle, or fall down trying. The trick was buying a big enough bottle so I wouldn't have to drive drunk to the store for another bottle.

I feel the ghosts of drunks past, blowing in the cold wind tonight! Freaking me out, man! I even mentioned it to the last choir member leaving tonight: "I'm sure glad I don't drink anymore, cuz this is the sort of night I would sit home and get really drunk."

But I don't drink anymore! Cuz I don't wanna get dead! Brrrrrrr...spooky.

Happy Hallowe'en,
Arp who doesn't drink anymore
Old 10-24-2017, 10:32 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Keep Going

Hello everyone and JoJo!

I just wandered over here looking for May 2017 and found JoJo and some excellent posts. Maybe I can be an honourary member?

Arpeggioh, that’s exactly how the weather is here tonight. Spooky. I went out to a body combat class and it was real witching weather, dark, trees blowing leaves all over the wet road, driving rain. My drinking was like yours too. I drank for oblivion from my feelings. I tried to balance how much I bought to get there but also get to bed. I never got it right. Ugh. Sober 24 weeks almost thank the Lord.

Love to you all and have a great day
Old 10-25-2017, 01:29 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Hey Weev--sure, you can be a Mayfly; most of our "sobriety dates" no longer match up to our original class date (Elke's does! I think it's the sheep she lives with; hi Elke! How are ewe? Oh god, I slay me...) but you definitely found Jojo's hangout, so any friend of hers, etc...

Your 24 weeks had me doing math, and I had to consult a 2017 calendar! Tomorrow is 31 weeks for me, just over seven months. The creeps I got last night are gone, but that sure was a weird feeling; sort of like when a bad dream keeps you feeling "off" the next morning. I could picture my AV as a tall dark ghoul dressed in black, tapping on the door of my cottage in the woods, wanting in out of the bad weather, to hang out and keep me company...shudder...honestly, felt like a horror movie. That's why I came right here and posted about it: you guys, make him go away!!

Y'all have a good and sober Wednesday, and don't let any creepy strangers into your cottages today...
Old 10-25-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Morning Mayflies!!!!
Hey Weev!!!!!! Guys this is Weev a beautiful soul and a lovely friend of mine xxx
"Thank God I don't drink any more"......feels great just to say it doesn't it Arp? The hopelessness of active addiction is a cruel prison and it still stuns me that I've broken free (today - no complacency). With everything going on with you-know-who I need my blessed sobriety more than ever!
Family still here and it's lovely having a house full of......oh noise I guess! "Normal people" take me out of myself and kind of reset my little brain.
My mum is hilarious really. She's already forced me to arrange Christmas and February holiday. Train tickets booked and childcare arranged! Oh to be a fit healthy nagging pensioner mum!
Have a lovely day all! I will have my 90 days back on Friday hurrah! Plus it's my birthday on Saturday so I feel a big Italian meal out coming on!
I'm here with you every day guys. Sorry I'll be a little off and on this week with the visitors. I get the death stare if I'm on my phone too much!
Lots of love and support today
Old 10-25-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Arp it's just wonderful seeing you so strong! My AV looks like Gollum from Lord of the Rings......haha it actually helps to have a nasty little picture in my head!
7 months!!!!!!! Wow truly incredible! When you read in black and white what you used to do it's sad isn't it? Alone with a big enough supply of booze to keep you from driving drunk.....yep I did that too. Wine not vodka but on a Friday night I'd stock up with military precision to keep me drunk enough for long enough.
And yes that's what ultimately made me stop. I didn't wanna be dead. Not my kids or my family or my job or my home. My life. I felt like I was dying. Ironic that yet another self centred perspective got me sober so that NOW I can try and be a better person.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:13 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Big hug and love to Sim wherever you are honey
Old 10-25-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Congrats to your wonderful sobrieties!

Big if you're struggling.... I kind of have a feeling there is a certain someone :-)... hope you're well X

Welcome Weev, I like your avatar...Eye of the Tiger!

I'm ok,struggling with far too many working hours and a boss who's fastly under pressure. Oh well, the sun is out today and I can see blue sky. What more can I ask for.

Cam, good luck with the interview.
Jo, glad you're enjoying your family.
Arp, me and the ewes are fine. We had the spooky weather a couple of days ago, well done for battling through it.

Lots of love to everyone X
Old 10-25-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Weev

D
Old 10-25-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Hey everyone!
Welcome Weev!
Dang ARP, your post really hit home with me too. I too would buy vodka and drink the whole bottle. I always made sure I had enough too, but then again, I had many times where I would be at the liquor store at 8am buying more and a few packs of cigarettes. Cuz when you drank, you had to have smokes! I got to the point where I had to rotate stores since the same person at 8am after a night or early morning drinking was embarrassing--- especially when I wasn't really all that "put together". Oh. My. I don't ever want to go back to that. Ever..........
I can recall one time it was winter outside, I went to the liquor store, and had to stop at the gas station to get cigarettes since the store didn't have my brand. Snow on the ground, below zero temps, and I am in my flip flops and fleece sweatshirt. Walked in to the gas station, and literally did the splits on the floor because the floor was slippery, and rubber soled flips don't really work that way. The place was jam packed with people getting coffee, etc for their way to work, and here I come--- looking probably haggard from the night of drinking or who knows, I mighta been buzzed.
Never. Again.
And here I am today!!!! I think about how I managed all that time being hung over and going to work every day, and then to do it all over again.
Anyways, enough about all that. Not much on the agenda for today. I did find a few leads yesterday on my search, so I will follow up on those. It is a beautiful fall day here, and I love it!!!
Have a super day everyone! And maybe a chuckle at my expense!