Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 11-17-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Hello Mayflies, just checking in to wish you all a good and sober weekend. I'm hoping to sleep in....fingers crossed.

Nothing much going on here at the moment...

Flatpacked furniture, don't you just love it.... I've done a 3 drawer chest today and still have 3 to do over the weekend....lots of cups of teas and $%@$$&.

i watched a German documentary about sugar tonight, just another attempt to turn me off it. They spend €17mio on advertising fruit and veg/year and €700mio for sugary stuff. That's mind blowing isn't it.

Just read about the noise reducing fork, this is quite funny...
https://news.sky.com/story/slurp-no-...ation-11098306
Old 11-18-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hey Elke! My daughter's would love me to get that fork apparently I'm "disgusting" when I eat!
Been really trying to have positive thoughts this week. It's actually helping I must admit. When I actually think about what I have in my life it's all very wonderful. The fog is slowly lifting anyway which I am grateful for.
Got lots of lovely things coming up. Tomorrow we are taking my youngest to see Disney on Ice for her birthday with her best friend who is sleeping over tonight. It's going to be fun and they are very cute together so hurrah! I know it sounds a little odd but I know even 3 months ago this would have been very stressful. Sobriety has allowed me to be a much better mum and to be honest that's my number one aim. They've been through enough now and it's my time to step up and try and do what I can. I still fail at times but I'm trying.
Okay better go and get ready for the invasion!
Lots of love have a lovely weekend all xxx
Old 11-18-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Disney on ice sounds lovely, have a great time and happy birthday to your daughter. Great to see you practicing positive thinking!

I had a walk down memory lane today... I've been unpacking some more of my stuff and came across old photos...holidays with my ex. I thought I had chucked them out when I moved but not. Gosh that felt weird. The whole bl&&dy day I kept thinking about it. Unfortunately it was raining today, but the forecast for tomorrow is dry and watch it you will see the dark smoke of my bonfire in the sky. Ok, where is the positive thought here... it's part of my recovery to clean the house of unpleasant memories, very similar to finding an old empty (of course) brandy bottle under the bed.

I managed to put another chest of drawers together :-)

Jo, are you still on low carbs? I'm joining you for a week, want to clear my head.

Have a good and sober Sunday everyone.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:19 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

Good morning Mayflies. I'm lucky... it's a dry and sunny morning here, so let the burning begin LOL.

I woke up at 7am and thought it was Monday, what a nice surprise that it isn't :-)

Hey Arp, hope you're ok my friend, please give us a tinkle ok. I miss your wicked posts.
Old 11-19-2017, 12:46 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Ooh Elke how therapeutic! Out with the old in with the new!
Just getting ready for Disney eek exciting!
Hmmm yes the diet.....that went a bit wrong when I had my little meltdown but tomorrow's Monday so I'll get back on it with you Elke!
Catch you later xxx
Old 11-19-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday Funday everyone!
Sounds like everyone is doing well. Things are going ok here. Last week before I have to "adult" again, and with the holiday in there, it makes for an even busier week. We started to pack things up, since the plan is to move somewhat closer, which as Elke experienced a trip down memory lane.

Not much on the agenda for today, hope you all have a good day!
Old 11-20-2017, 04:56 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Hey, my dear Mayflies, I'm still lurking and reading, with nothing very interesting to say. I'm still sober, and Jessie the Antique Dog is still alive, so those are good things. I still don't work enough hours, but I'm paying all my bills. I sank a couple hundred bucks into furnace repair, been acting up for awhile now, but I think we've got it figured out just in time for winter temps. Still a carb and ciggie fiend, but get tired of beating myself up over it. Instead I'll focus on being eight-plus months sober, try to drum up some enthusiasm about my life! Be assured I'm paying attention around here, so no talking about me! Later, friends....Arp and Jessie
Old 11-20-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Ooh Arp you little lurker!
8 months is absolutely amazing brilliant superb massive!!!!! That's the number one thing after all. The rest is a bonus yes? Awww Jess......we had a little Westie called Jess and later got a brother for her called Jack when we were kids. I'd absolutely love to get a dog but I just about cling on to my parenting skills with 2 daughters and a man-child boyfriend it's a no-no sadly.
Hugs to you Arp....I know you're not big into girlie hugs etc but tough! You're getting one anyway
Old 11-20-2017, 01:26 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Congrats to 8 months Arp, wonderful. I totally agree, this is the most important thing I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll get more work soon. It'll come... :-)

Jo, how was the Disney on Ice? I bet it was magical...

I had the bonfire going almost all day yesterday, watched the old paper photos melt in the heat.

Wishing you a sober Tuesday and another dry day please.

Camery, Dee, Ben, Toot and Sim, I hope you're all well :-)
Old 11-20-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Hi Elke!
Disney on Ice was absolute magic. Plus everything went so smoothly I was amazed! I did find myself quietly sobbing at one point. It was just so perfect and I started thinking about the lost years and the things we could have done. Those years can't be brought back and I have to accept that and keep trying to make new memories. Bless my girls they are so wonderful I love them to pieces.
Night night all I'm shattered early night for me xxx
Old 11-22-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Hi guys got locked out my account ! The password reset option Wasnt working I never got the e mails it said it was sending. Anyway sorted now. we are all sick in my house there is some kind of flu going around. I'm wondering through at work but everyone else is in bed. I'm very jealous. I've had too many fake days off with hangovers so now I'm actually sick I can't take the day off. Ha ha
Old 11-22-2017, 01:34 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Administrator

get well soon Ben

D
Old 11-22-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Well, Keith Partridge has gone and drank himself to death, at the age of 67. I had to listen to "I Woke Up in Love This Morning" as a tribute. Growing up watching the Partridge Family, wishing I could live in a pop band family and ride around in a psychedelic bus, I always thought I had a crush on Laurie, she was so cool and pretty; it took a couple years to realize I was actually in love with Keith! RIP David Cassidy, you'll always be seventeen and dreamy to me...
Old 11-22-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Oh how sad Arp, I loved the Partridge Family too and of course had a crush on David.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:49 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Great to hear you had a good time Jo. I think you're doing a fab job with your girls and holding down several jobs and a house and your sobriety...be proud girl

I hope you're feeling better soon Ben.

Wishing everyone a good and sober Thursday X
Old 11-23-2017, 01:43 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Have a great, sober weekend.

I'm off work tomorrow, we're going to Birmingham, NEC Motorcycle Show.
A little treat for me after all those flat packs :-)

Hope you're all well and in a cosy, warm place X
Old 11-25-2017, 07:07 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Hello friends Thought I'd drop by and maybe give this another go.....
Old 11-25-2017, 08:00 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Sim

D
Old 11-25-2017, 09:10 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Welcome, Simplicity
Old 11-25-2017, 11:14 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Lovely to see you Sim. I like the Reset button.

Sooo glad you're here