Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 12-29-2017, 12:24 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Hey Cam, welcome back and well done on getting the move and all sorted over the holidays.

Keep warm Arp... we only had a dusting of snow a couple of days ago, now back to rain.

Happy New Year everyone.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:00 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Not lot of snow here--- but 29 below zero temps! What? UGH.

I live in a town called Waupun. Right across the street from the prison. LOL. Guess I know I will always be safe??
Old 12-30-2017, 02:38 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

Happy New Year everyone

D
Old 12-31-2017, 05:42 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Happy New Year to all!!!!!
Old 12-31-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Yeah, what they said...I didn't think I had any plans for tonight, but an elderly soprano, known for her baking skills, brought a cherry pie to church that she made for me, knowing it's my favorite. Netflix and a spoon, party on, whooo!!

Cam: -10 last night...I think the lake protects us from the really serious cold, but give us bountiful snowfall in return. 20" the past 24 hours...but who cares, I got pie!

Dee: do they celebrate New Year's in Australia? Just kidding - Happy 2018
Old 12-31-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Arp

D
Old 01-01-2018, 02:12 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone!

I read this the other day and I will add this to the foundation of my recovery...
Do you have a favorite movie?
One that you can watch over and over again?
Perhaps a Romance or an Action Thriller,
There is something about it that makes you enjoy it, every time you'll watch it.
At the end of our lives we might be able to rewind and watch our lives again.
So make sure you live your life that it's worth watching it again and you'll enjoy it.
Old 01-01-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

That's lovely Elke :
Gosh I'm shattered! Back home now thank goodness. Girls are staying with my parents this week as I've got work to do. Mad January tax deadlines here in the UK.
It has been a lovely week. Up and down of course and I really don't cope too well out of my normal routine but hey I'm sober so who cares?!
What a year. I hope to look back many years from now and say 2017 was the year I got sober for good. Ditched the fags for good too. I do look fondly back on 2017 and despite the lows (and my God they were low) somehow I summoned up the bravery I needed to get myself out of the pit.
Weird really the actual "big" days weren't too hard to get through. It's now that I'm alone with no kids that the memories of rushing away via a scruffy wine shop to hibernate with my beloved alcohol come flooding back. Ugh please don't let me go back there again.
I hope everyone has had a lovely break. It's such an intense time of year. Emotions run high and I know I look back a bit too much. But onward dear mayflies!
Lots of love to you all. Happy New Year xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 01-02-2018, 12:17 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Mornimg!
Well this is it. Back to work. Ugh!
Well I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and trying to resist the biscuits and cake!
Deary me I've eaten like a pig over Christmas!
Hope everyone has a great day.
Catch you later guys xxx
Old 01-03-2018, 03:49 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Me too Jo, need to restart my healthy living....
Old 01-04-2018, 12:27 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Sorry fell off the wagon and into a deep hole!!

Day 3
Old 01-04-2018, 12:54 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back Ben

D
Old 01-04-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hey Ben! Glad you came back. We'll cheer you on while you stop digging and start climbing, because there's still open sky above you, no matter how deep you're down...let's not drink today!
Old 01-04-2018, 05:26 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Morning Arp!
I'm so glad to see you back Ben. It takes guts to start again.
I hope you managed to have a nice Christmas with the family though. It's such an intense time and of course alcohol is everywhere.
Truth is Christmas was never a big drinking time for me. It was afterwards when the girks went away to be looked after so I could work that I went mad drinking. It's been on my mind this week. Not a craving to do it just the sickening memories of what I used to do. Just gross.
I know it's important to keep going forward but only natural to recognise memories and have a little think too.
Girls are back in a couple of hours I can't wait to see them!
Ben I know you've not asked for advice but my little twopenneth would be this. Have you tried the online crash course on AVRT/ rational recovery? Its a really great way to kick start early sobriety. I was sick when I finally put the bottle down. Physically and mentally heading down fast. I dived into anything I could read or watch. "Rain in my Heart" is a very sobering (pun intended) 10 part documentary on YouTube. Scare yourself into it if that's what it takes. Sorry I know you didn't ask but of course we all care about one another.
Take care Ben and if you feel a crave come here first. I'm never too far away and neither is anyone else.
Right better get off and tidy up a bit.
Lots of love xxx
Old 01-04-2018, 03:45 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I can't believe what I just found on Netflix -- The Great Britain Baking Show! I've only watched one episode of the first season, but I get why it's so popular; always seemed like a silly idea. But those cakes, omg...and Brits are just so much more polite and pleasant than Americans, hate to admit. It was lovely!

Don't Drink - - Eat Cake - -
Old 01-05-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Ooh Arp! You've discovered the Bake Off!!!!
Mary Berry is almost royalty now here we all love her so much! Oh I'm jealous enjoy it! A guilty pleasure indeed!
On a very similar topic me and my mum started watching The Crown today. Quite addictive I must say. We forced ourselves to turn it off after 6 hour long episodes but I'm hooked. Who knew the royal were so damned intriguing?!
Just one weekend away from mad January work wise. We have tax deadlines here and it goes mental with last minute tax returns. Last year I made it until the 28th and drank. That was it none stop until 19th of April (the horrific withdrawal week) so I am going to make sure I am super careful and protect my sobriety above all. If I make it until the 29th that will be 6 months. Can't deny I will be absolutely ecstatic. But for now it's just today that matters as always.
Happy sober weekend all. Lots of love xxx
Old 01-06-2018, 01:33 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

That damn Bake-Off makes me hungry!

Buckle up, JoJo, stress train is leaving the station; you'll be cool and calm, and sober...and you'll reward your hard work with something sensible, like a lovely cake! (Last episode was rye rolls, and ciabatta bread...drool...)

I'm going to spend January helping you count down to that six-month mark; I love nice round numbers like that. My next "monthly" is ten, which isn't very exciting, though I'm not knocking it. My stepmother has already mentioned a dinner out to celebrate my 12-month, but I won't jinx myself with plans that far ahead; I could be dead, who knows? That would make for such an awkward evening..."oh, he's tipping, sit him up straight..."

Cam, have you frozen your knickers off yet?

Ben, don't be a stranger...though you couldn't be any stranger than the rest of us...

Let's not drink this weekend!
Old 01-06-2018, 01:51 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Haha! Arp I KNEW you'd love it!
Yes I shall be popping by every day in January to keep myself safe. It does go a bit volcanic in stress terms but with my lovely friends here I've got every chance of getting through unscathed
Have a great day xxx
Old 01-06-2018, 08:16 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Yes, I am alive. Survived the 11 days of seriously below zero temps. Finally some relief in sight. This is what I hate most about winter-- I cant stand the cold. I literally hibernate, and only go out when I need to-- take the lil pooch to go out, and go to work.
Hope you are all doing well--- welcome back Ben---once a Mayfly always a Mayfly! We stick together like that......
Not too much on the agenda. The house is done for the most part-- a few more pieces of furniture to get situated, but I love being here. So peaceful and quiet. The neighborhood is very nice, and so far our new neighbors are very cool. ( that is, until my crazy puppy comes outside) LOL.
Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Old 01-09-2018, 02:24 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Major News Flash -- -- --