Notices

Class of May 2016 Support Thread Part 11

Old 01-16-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

LOL Arp, I googled the cow yoga and it's hilarious, I want one! Better yet, I've ordered one. For some reason it reminds me of the Calendar Girls ha ha.

Perhaps I can get our cows to do it. The closest we ever had was a sitting cow. She used to sit like a dog, very funny too.

Jo, you're doing so well and you sound energized, very inspiring
You'll be fine love X
Old 01-16-2018, 11:40 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

How are you Elke? Got any snow over there? xxx
Old 01-18-2018, 07:36 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

Afternoon all!
January is well and truly here now. I've come home from work with 3 jobs to do before Monday. Normally I'd just go in tomorrow but I forgot I'm having my hair done so I've brought some home instead. To be honest being the geek I am tinkering with spreadsheets is quite good fun for me so I don't mind!
I really still do feel good. I think the healthy eating is helping me a lot. I even got up before my alarm went off this morning!
Sometimes I assume my wellness is only affected by my sobriety and what stage of that I'm at but maybe it's about more? Who knew? But something has definitely shifted in the right direction that's for sure. Sometimes I could leak from the eyes I'm so grateful to be here on this journey with you guys. I just hope Sim Ben and Tootiesdad are okay.......
Arp/Elke my sister always buys me a cat related calendar (given that I detest cats!). This year it's angry cats and is proudly on my wall at work! I shall find the funniest pic and shate it woth you next time I'm in.
Lots of love. Stay warm and of course sober guys
Old 01-18-2018, 12:38 PM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Hi guys, no snow, thank god!But very windy, a lot of the old hawthrones having trouble withstanding the harsh weather. Good news... the day are getting longer, more day light, wonderful! I'm getting excited....hopefully by end of next week we'll have telly in the house and in about 3 weeks time we'll have a kitchen, yeeepee and then we can move in. Not a minute to early, I'm craving my own home, desperately.

You've come a long way Jo, I'm so pleased for you X

Hey Arp, have you tried the cow yoga yet? :-) hope you're all ok.

Dee
Old 01-18-2018, 03:08 PM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Oh, you bet I was doing some yoga when I got home...stopped at the post office...got back in my car...and dropped my keys between the seat and the console. Gone, disappeared, somewhere under my seat. I've dropped lighters down there that I never saw again! So I'm in full yoga position in town, ass in the air digging around for my keys, then down on one knee, then assuming the same position going in from the back seat...down there long enough that I had trouble getting back up after I got hold of them, cars going past, mostly people who know me..."what's he doing?"

I was so angry, I was cursing the entire nation of Japan for designing the interior of a Toyota with such an awful gap that can't be reached by normal human hands; I tore away from the curb, because...well, that'll show those stupid Japanese car designers, look how fast and angry I am!

Makes me wonder if those silly AA folks are on to something with their "serenity" and their "recovery" and "life on life's terms" stuff...cuz my state of mind was NOT very healthy driving home!

Serenity, Right Now, Dammit!! There, I feel better...thanks for listening...
Old 01-19-2018, 04:39 PM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Glad you've found the key Arp.
Quite often I feel like this when I talk to the MIL (please give me serenity to accept the things I can't change)

Have a good and sober weekend everyone.
Old 01-20-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Sorry I have been AWOL. Darn job gets in the way sometimes. LOL.
Hope you are all doing well-- sounds like it from the few posts I have read.
Not much going on here, settled in here nicely to our new home, and job. Managed to steer clear of the crud and flu that has gone around.... until today. My birthday...... of all days, and I am sick. Tonite is my holiday party, and rather then get everyone else sick, I am staying home. Which IDK I feel bad about, but then again, not really. I wonder if it is just apprehension on going because there will be a lot of drinking.... or ? Either way, I am staying in, safe and sound snuggled with my 80 pound PUPPY, and my blankie, and pizza, yeah, maybe a good pizza.........

Anyways, I hope ya'll have a good day, and I will check back in later.
Old 01-20-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Pizza!

Oh, I would totally stay home and snuggle with your doggie while protecting your pizza to celebrate a birthday. Watching people drink is gross...

That flu bug has been pretty epidemic around here, too. I don't wanna tempt the fates by saying I've managed to avoid it so far, so...I did not just say that...

Feel better, always nice to hear from you!
Arp
Old 01-20-2018, 03:07 PM
  # 369 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're ill Camery but many happy returns anyway

D
Old 01-21-2018, 01:45 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Cam, it's great to hear you're settled in your new home. Hope you're feeling better soon. 80 pounds.... no pizza for the dog LOL.

Hi Arp and Dee X Jo give us a wave if you're around sweetheart.

Good night...
Old 01-21-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Elke!
OH EM GEE! Just been to collect Hannah from the cinema tonight and she was there WITH A BOY!
Okay okay to be fair he looked nice and I'm actually very happy for her. Just gimme a while to get used to it.......my baby.......sob!
Apart from that bombshell things are quite good. I'm keeping a closer eye on my youngest just to be sure she's okay. Her big sis was worried about her the other night and we had a talk. I'm not panicking bit it's my job to be a better parent top priority so here goes...... sheesh adulting is hard!
Night night gang lots of love xxxxxxxx
Old 01-22-2018, 03:32 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Oh that's sweet Jo, you're such a lovely mum

Nite, nite :-)
Old 01-24-2018, 07:34 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Ugh my organized calm approach exploded last night. Got in from work and the amount of housework I had to do was rediculous. Any offer of help? No. Seriously I dread to think of the pig sty my kids would live in by choice.
I flipped. Big time. Cried, shouted, the whole lot. Couldn't even eat dinner with everyone I was so cross. Now bear in mind the level of AD's I take this was a serious flip out.
I'm still fuming now.
It's like the more I do the less everyone else does. I'm very resentful right now because I've got to work for 10 days straight to get the tax year end stuff done.
I fear this isn't over yet I'm still very churned up. Plus for the first time in AGES I felt like getting drunk.
So somehow I need to get a grip or it's disaster time.
PS I won't drink. That's not an option.
Thanks for letting me offload guys xxx
Old 01-24-2018, 12:06 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hey Jo, I've been there so many times... used to tidy everything so I like it e tc.
I had a stop doing it because it drove me nuts. Nowadays I keep my stuff in order and look away if it's not mine. My mum was tough, we were 6 kids at home and she made us clean up, I hated it at the time but today I admire her greatly for what she has accomplished.

(((Jo))), you need a hug

My day 5 on low carb/high fat today. Amazingly I don't have any cravings for sweets...I'm feeling positive.

Good night from Wales, wishing you all a good and sober Thursday.

Oh Arp, the cow yoga calendar came today. It's in my office now and I love it because I reminds me of us Mayflies and SR.
Old 01-24-2018, 11:54 PM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Thank you for my hug Elke.
Low carb high fat eh? Interesting..... Keep me posted on your progress dear. I'm still at it too. I an Having a mixture of porridge with bananas or bran with raisins or soup at work and a proper dinner at night. No sweet stuff or bread or butter or cheese (my vices haha!). The weight loss is SLOW. I'm blaming my age (normally it drops off pretty quickly) but I suspect I need exercise too
Maybe in February!
Ooh cow yoga calendar! What a great idea I'm going to get one too!
Lots of love and stay safe and peaceful dear Mayflies xxx
Old 01-25-2018, 02:11 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

That would be so freaking sweet if we all had the same calendar to look at all year! It just reeks of solidarity, and I love the idea...be even sweeter if I got out of this chair and actually did yoga, but who are we kidding? I'll just admire my cows and their zen...my mother was raised on a dairy farm outside of town, I've always enjoyed cows...

Jo-- I think a little "mummy freakout" is needed once in a while to remind children that you're an actual person, and not an indentured servant. Mums are way too easy to take for granted, don't put up with it! Press on, tax season is almost over...and 6 months sober soon!! Whoo-Hoo!!

Elke -- hope all your animals are doing well, including your odd husband

Camery -- people in Michigan are literally dying from influenza this year, and not just babies and old folks! I guess it's sometimes just a few days after symptoms appear, how scary. I always think of King's "The Stand;" that opening chapter was so graphic and horrifying...

So on that cheery note: sending lots of Mayfly Love!

(Hi Dee! Do you call it "winter," or "summer" right now, while you're all sweating to death? The world is weird...)
Old 01-25-2018, 02:27 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Hello again...I might be having tech issues...

Last night, I got a horrible warning pop-up while trying to access allmusic.com for info on a band: locked browser, a male voice telling me I'd acquired a horrible virus, and don't log off, and call a Windows administrator immediately, all my passwords were vulnerable, open to identity theft...so of course I turned off my computer, and turned it back on, because that's the level of security knowledge I possess!

After I posted above this morning, I tried heading over to the main forum for my daily reading on the Newcomer's page...and my progress message is "waiting for facebook.com" I disable my facebook account over a year ago. All my other bookmarks are fine; it's only soberrecovery.com/forums that keeps trying to send me to facebook. Well_****...I guess I'd better run my antivirus now...but if you never hear from me again, then obviously Facebook had me killed for non-participation...I'm so afraid!!

Last edited by Arpeggioh; 01-25-2018 at 02:30 AM. Reason: "Well_****" should read "Well_sh!t"...sorry, censors
Old 01-25-2018, 03:11 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  
Administrator

Run a couple of malware things too Malwarebytes is good while SUPERAntiSpyware is quick.

and don't make me asterisk stuff - we all know what you meant Arp

D
Old 01-25-2018, 03:24 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Dude! You actually have to censor these threads yourself? Holy Sh...Cow! My sincere apologies; I curse too much in general, it's a good time to clean up my potty mouth anyway. Thanks for advice, too...
Old 01-25-2018, 10:10 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Thanks Arp I will indeed press on!
I think I am a little over-sensitive. Not great at reading peoples intentions. Been like that for years really and that's why I'm not great at friendships. I read into allsorts of so-called non verbal signals that maybe aren't even there. So by assuming there's malice in my girls' lack of help it is of course the default position of why bother doing it when good-old-mum will.
I had a lovely early night last night. Hot shower and a facial which made me feel much better. I am flagging a little though. Just got to try and stay steady for the last push (I'm working all weekend) and eat right and sleep well.
I have indeed ordered the calendar. It will be lovely thinking we all have the same thing to refer to every day this year. Mayflies together gang!